3rd tub of Ice Cream

Ice Cream for You

"He has a star?" she asked

~~~~~~~~~

The past months has taken a toll on the both of them, apparently they both forgot that Chaerin still is in a relationship. Henry kept on spoiling her and he stocked ice cream in their freezer every now and then and they always go out to eat whenever they can. Henry is falling deeper than expected and there is no stopping him now, he wants to let her know how he feels and he's going to do that as soon as the first snow falls.

As the weather grows cold, people around are sweeter. Couples are scattered around Korea, enjoying their hot chcoates, teas and freshly cooked hoddeok. These two were somewhat a part of it, they decided to enjoy their first day of leave by eating heoddeok and having a cup of hot chocolate. Then there it was, the first snow fall... Henry smiled and then took a deep breath. He faced Chaerin and said "Chaerin-ah"
"Hmm?" she answered back
"I have to tell you something, promise me you won't freak out." 
"Okay... I promise" she said
"I..." he started but before he could finish what he was saying, Chaerin's phone rang
"Adam?" said and then distanced herself from him. Henr took a few steps back and then he just stares at her. IT hit him and real hard too "She and Adam are still together" he whispered to himself. "Wake up Henry, There's no place for you in her life other than being her friend" he thought. He wanted to leave, he wanted to get away from everything. 

When they got home, He told Chaerin "I'm going to Canada"
"What? When?"
"I'm leaving next week, my parents want be to be there for the Holidays"
"What am I supposed to do?"
"Heard Adam's back, why don't you go stay with him" he said and Chaerin was speechless, She wasn't expecting that especially from Henry.
"I'll be in my room" he said.
Chaerin was lost and shocked, she wondered what was wrong and what happened to her Hyung. She thought about everything she did and then she remembered taking a call from Adam earlier.
"Does he... like me?" she asked herself.
~~~~~~
Confused as she is, Chaerin kept on asking Kkuma about her hyung's star. "If only you could speak kkuma" she said, pouting like a little kid "I wonder who it is, or what it is. Maybe it's Josephine...but you can't possibly take care of her, she's miles away. UGH!! I wan't you to tell me!!!" she said, getting frustrated.at the stuffed bear. Their week was quiet, yet again.. They did the same thing as last time, avoiding each other and not speaking. Henry did his part as the host, he cooked food, did the shopping and clean the house. He also did his own laundry as he preapared to go.  He was doing some packing when "Hyung..."
"Yeah?" he said in a cold voice
"I think I know your star is..." she started.
he stopped and looked at her "Really? Who do think it is?"
"Is it me?" she said, looking at the floor. Henry smirked, scoffed and said "You? What made you think that?"
"It's just that... you're being nice to me as a house host."
"House host... see there. That's the answer to your question." He said as he finished packing the last few pieces of clothing. "I might not be able to say good bye, so yeah... you take care."
"What?"
"I'm leaving early tomorrow, just lock it up if you plan on not staying" he said again and went to his room.

He stared at the ceiling, while waiting for the time to pass by. He put on his headphones and listened to some tunes, then his phone vibrated and saw that he got a text message from Chaerin "I'm gonna miss you" it said but everything was too late, his mind is set and it's now time to keep moving forward.

-----------------------

The Holidays went by so quick, it's now toward the end of January and Henry needs to go back to school. His sister and his mom bribing him to stay but as much as he wants to, he just can't. He gives them hugs and then he went on his way to the airport and then to Korea. The flight was long and boring and it gives you a lot to think about. He wondered if Chaerin was still staying in his place or was she still with Adam. Thoughts swam in his head as he thought what would have been if he and Chaerin were together instead of Adam. "She would've been happier and less problematic and stessed." he said to himself. He saw the other side of her, the carefree Chaerin; the one who lets herself live and not think about what others are going to say. He saw her smile like the world is hers and that every happy thought is in her brain. Henry then read her message again and then said "I miss you".

Korea can be seen from the window, it's all covered in white with hints of green and brown showing from the mountains. He felt so at home, Korea was his home far away from home that he doesn't get homesick anymore. As he waits for a taxi, he saw a familiar face getting out of a car.. Adam. His face was blank, he got his headphones and he just walked straight without even turning his head. Henry can't help but wonder what happened to him or his relationship with Chaerin. When he got in a taxi, he called his Hyung to say hi 
"Eunhyuk hyung!" he said
"Oh! Henli-ah"
"Hyung, how are ya?"
"I'm good! Yah.. why didn't you tell me you're going to Canada for the holidays. Got a heart attack when I entered your flat and saw Chaerin there"
"I'm sorry about that... Say hyung, have you heard anything from Adam?"
"Adam? Yeah... I saw him and Chaerin a few nights ago, they were in this restaurant and he kinda walked out on her."
"What? Why?"
"I dunno, they were talking about moving, I wasn't able to hear the rest then he just left."
"Oh... okay... so do you know if Chaerin is still in my flat? I haven't talked to her recently..."
"Yeah, Jinnie was there last night.. they were having a girls night? I think"
"Right.. Thanks hyung.. I'll see you soon."
"Sure dude! Bye" Eunhyuk then said and hung up.
The phonecall made him more nervous as the taxi approaches his apartment building, he doesnt know why knowing that Chaerin was there made him more nervous but seeing the apartment get bigger as the taxi reaches its destination.  

"This is it" he said, before he opened the door to reveal a clean apartment. He pulled his luggage and settled them beside the door. Henry went straight to his room to see that the beddings and curtains were changed, plus it smelled nice in it as well. "Woah" he said as his eyes grew bigger with surprise.
"Welcome Home" a voice said, he turned to see where it came from and then he saw a certain Chaerin leaning at the door.
he cleared his throat and said "Thanks, for this".
"Jinnie helped me out. Josephi... I mean Amber told me you were heading back so I wanted clean everything up, plus I wanna make up for everything I did" she said, playing with the hem of her shirt.
"I'm sorry" Henry then blurted out. Truth is, he wasnt able to fully enjoy his vacation. His mind wandered most of the time he was in Canada and most of it was about him being mean to Chaerin.
"I'm sorry for being a jerk Chae, I uhm I just I just didn't know what to with myself when I uhm..." he trailed away, he wants to tell her now. now that he heard what happened to Adam, and that he knows Adam left.. well not for good but at least he isn't in Korea anymore.
"Can I tell you something?" Chaerin interrupted.
"Yeah"
"Uhm... remember that time I caught you looking at the admissions office?" she asked, smiling a little
"I do... why?"
"I don't know if I should be saying this but..." she started, she looked up and then added "...I was waiting for you to talk to me, a Hi or even a Hello would've made my day at that moment" she then let out a giggle "I looked for you the next day, hoping my chance you forgot something so I volounteered to assist people at the addmissions but you didnt show up" she said
"Okay... I'm confused... what are you trying to say?" he said
she laughed, took a few steps toward him and said "What I'm trying to say is... I like you." 
Henry was speechless, his hands were wandering and confused as he is so she took the liberty of filling the spaces of his fingers with hers. "from the very first time I saw you I knew, and talking to you just made me fall for you.. deeper than I already have"
"I... I don't know what to say... uhm... should I be the one doing this? I should be the one doing this." he said, smiling
"I don't know... should you?" she said.
"I should but... " he started, as he leans closer to her. He planted a kiss on her lips and then backed away "I missed you" he finally said.


A/N : Hi everyone! I am finally back to finish this fic. I do apologize for the delay but I have been though some very difficult shiz and this was the only time I could write. So yeah. One more chapter to go and it's finally done!