1st tub of Ice Cream

Ice Cream for You

Its fall season again and everybody is either excited or moping about the new school year ahead. Noises can be heard as excited students arrive at their dorms to settle in early for the year. Cars can be seen, cries can be heard as freshmen say goodbye to their parents, smiles can be seen as friends reunite and tell their stories, but beyond campus and just a few blocks away Henry was on his way to his condominium. This is his second term as a Music major and second term as a bullied best friend, he laughed as entered the building, ride the elevator and walked to his flat. He heard noised from the inside and he already knew who was inside.

He entered his flat and "SNOOPY!" was heard, he laughed and gave his best friend a good pat on the back and said "Hey Amber, how was L.A.?" 
"It was okay, mom wasn't really keen on me going back but she cant do anything about it. You?"
"Same, mom wanted me to go to Taiwan instead but I refused" Henry said as he settled his stuff in his room.
"Went to school earlier and finally got my classes this term" Amber started "I have mandarin and Korean as my languages, you know I really cant believe you got me into signing up for 2 language classes" she added
"I applied for French and mandarin too" 
"Yeah, but you're fluent in both of them!" she said, throwing a balled up tissue paper on Henry's face. Henry just laughed at how Amber was acting like a kid. The two have been friends since they met through the freshmen's international students club meeting on their first year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After he settled all his stuff, Henry then went to get his form for his classes. As he went in the admissions office and wait to be attended by one of the people there, a lady like girl sat beside him. She had this long blonde hair that hides half of her face, Henry tried not to look so much then she tucked her hair back and he was taken back at how beautiful she is. She turned her head and saw Henry looking, she bowed a little and smiled. It took Henry a few seconds to realize that he was being called over to the desk..
"Mr. Lau... Mr. Lau" the lady behind the desk called,"Y-yes?" he said as he bowed back, stand up and walk over to the desk to get his form. The lady explained the whole form to him, he nods half-heartedly since he isn't able to fully understand what the lady was saying. "Thank You Ma'am" he said as they got to the last part, he looked over to where he sat but the girl was gone. "Oh well" he thought and went back to his condominium. Classes don't start till next week so the who played videogames and played guitar on their free time.
On their last school free friday, Amber decides to go out with her friends from her dance troupe and leaves Henry alone in his flat. Henry didn't mind since he usually plays with the keys of his keyboard when he's alone. He cant take his mind off the girl he saw in the admissions office, he smiled as he thought about her.

After having a nice dinner, he watched movies as he drank a bottle of cola. He was surprised when he heard the door open "I'm sharing this with my best-friend. He actually was kind enough to let me stay" a voice said 
"I can hear you from here you know" He said as he laughed.
"Snoopy, I'd like you to meet some people" she started, Henry stood up and turned around. His world paused as he saw the girl from the admissions office, then it crashed as the guy beside her wrap his arm around her waist. He instantly put a smile on his face and said "Hi, I'm Henry"
"Adam" the guy beside admission girl said
"Chaerin" she finally said
"Eunhyuk" the tall guy said
"Jinnie" the little girl said
"Now that you've met, can we all sit somewhere? my feet are killing me" Amber said and he let them all sit on the carpet and couch.

Henry sat beside Chaerin, she wasn't talking to anyone so he started the ball rolling "Hey" he said
"Hi" she shyly replied
"Are you in the dance troupe too?" he asked and she shook her head, "Boyfriend in the troupe?" he asked again, and she nodded
"I don't mean to be rude but, you're the girl in the admission office right?"
"Yes, I was" she said, laughing
"I'm so sorry about staring. I don't know what happened to me"
"That's okay, no harm done" she said and smiled again. 
The two talked and found out that both of them are in the same class, they both speak French and that they both major in Music. Henry also got to know the others, Eunhyuk who is the leader of the troupe, Adam who was the second in command, Jinnie who is Eunhyuk's girlfriend. Jinnie is taking up photography and Eunhyuk takes up Theatre. They were a weird bunch but he liked them.
The new school year stats and Henry head on to start his new school year with an early start. He got up, showered and fixed himself up for his first day. He settled at the chair near the end of each classroom and listened as the professors introduced themselves. He was all smiles as he wait for his third class to end, he knew that French was next on his list.

He met up with Amber for lunch, they were joined by the same people from last time; Eunhyuk, Jinnie, Chaerin and Adam. Henry ate his lunch in peace, he watched as the others talked amongst themselves. He just listened to their conversation and smiled whenever someone looks his way. 
"What classes do you have next, Snoopy?" Amber asked
"I have French then Violin Classes" Henry replied, smiling
"Chaerin unnie has French too, maybe you two can go together after this?"
"I'm okay with that" Henry said, finishing the last of his chocolate pudding
"Great!" she started "Unnie, he may look like that but he's okay" Amber said to Chaerin, and both of them laughed. Amber kept on talking to Chaerin about being Henry's best friend, She kept on telling how Henry is a good cook and how cute his hair is in the morning. The rest went on their way, French doesn't start for 30 minutes so Chaerin and Henry were left. The two stayed in the cafeteria for a while then head on to French class. Henry sat behind her and then they listed to their instructor. 

The semester went on like that, Henry and Chaerin walking to French Class, Having lunch as a group and Henry being able to talk to not just Amber. Surprisingly, Chaerin and Henry became good friends. The two would always have lunch together even if the others are not there, they even study together whenever exams are coming up...
"Hyung!" she called as she entered his flat
"You're early" he said from the kitchen
"Adam had to go to practice, so I decided to go here instead" she said as she settled her stuff on the couch and walk to the kitchen "something smells good in here" she added.
Henry took a whiff of his shirt and said "That's just me". Chaerin laughed and settled in one of the high chairs.
"Yeah, you smell like garlic and onions alright" she said back, smiling.
"I do?" he started, taking a sniff of his shirt again "I promise to shower after this" he jokingly said. Serving the dishes he cooked, together with 2 bowls of rice was how the joking spree ended. The two ate in peace, Henry fixed up the table, washed the dished and finally washing himself as well. He came out of his room all fresh and they opened their books and studied.
They studied till late at night and being the gentleman that he is, he didn't want to send a lady home, alone. He decided to call Amber to let her know that Chaerin will be sleeping in her room."Sweet, I'll be home in a few... I'll tell Adam as well so maybe he can pick her up from our place"
"Great! Thanks Stitch" he said as he hug up. "You can sleep in her room if you want to get some shut eye, Adam will pick you up in a few" he said to Chaerin as he stood up and ruffled her hair
"Hyunggg~" she protested and fixed her hair immediately.
"Thanks for helping me with French, Chaerin-ah" he said
"Me? You're the genius one" she said as she lightly hit his arm. Henry laughed and poked her sides, she wiggled and laughed and was about to hit Henry again when the doorbell rang. He was still laughing when he answered the door and his expression changed when he saw who was there "Adam..." he said
"Hey, Amber told me Chaerin is here?"
"Come in... she's in the living room" Henry said, as he led the way to the living room. She looked at Chaerin with a straight face and said "Adam is here for you". Chaerin quickly gathered her things and saw Adam appear from the corner, her smile went softer as she called "Babe~" and walked over to him. As Adam was leaning to kiss her cheek, Henry directed his eyes to the floor and looked up a second later "Thanks Man" Adam said and walked back to the door. Chaerin smiled and ruffed Henry's hair while saying "Merci Hyung~"

~~~~~~~~~~

Henry still continued to like Chaerin, although lots of people thought that he and Amber are a thing since they live under the same roof but they both said "Nah~ We're just friends". With the semester ending, Amber decided to throw a party... with permission from Henry of course. She said that she'll be announcing some news to the bunch. Henry and Amber went for Mandarin Class one last time, they got their papers in and they're all cleared up for vacation. Amber was a bit weird suddenly, she kept on looking at every corner and detail of each hallway, he tapped her shoulder and asked "Dude you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna miss this school" Amber suddenly blurted. Henry stopped and just froze "What?"
"Adam and I got a scholarship offer at NYC, we'll be finishing our degree's there."
"Hold up" he said "When did this happen?"
"Remember when Me and the guys were performing at the summer concert last year? Someone from NYC spotted us and offered us a scholarship. Eunhyuk oppa didn't want to go."
"Why?"
"He said he doesn't want to leave Jinnie.." Amber said and started to walk then he realized "Does Chaerin know this?

The night started to draw in and his flat became livelier as he turned up the tunes, put the drinks in the fridge, and wait for the food to arrive. His place was filled with the same people and then Amber cut the music and then stood up "My buddy here is gonna need a new flat mate so whoever is interested. Tell me!" she started "I'm leaving Korea in a few days.. I'll be going back to L.A. and then go to New York next semester..." she added "I'm finishing my degree in NYC" she said, tearing up a little "Y'all take care of my best friend, if anything happens to him... I wont come back" she finally said. Sobs were heard amidst the fast beat of the music. Henry focused his eyes on someone, he's having an idea what's happening next "I'm going with her" Adam then blurted out. Everyone went quiet and focused all their attention to Chaerin who was as stunned as everybody "W-what?" she managed to say "And when did you decide to tell me? When you're already there?" she added, now standing up "Unnie..." Hyojin then started to say "Stay out of this Jinnie" she then said. 
"No, I was gonna tell you" Adam blurted
"WHEN?" Chaerin said, tears for forming in her eyes as she directs her attention to Adam
"I'm telling you know aren't I?" Adam said and Chaerin surrendered to the chair "When are you leaving?" she asked, rubbing her forehead as tears streak down her face. Adam gulped, looked away and said "Day after tomorrow"

Chaerin stood up and her hand balled up in a fist, The rest closed their eyes but they didn't hear anything yet when they opened their eyes, they saw someone just standing there, staring at the floor with her hair covering her face. Henry then walked beside her, held her wrist and took her away. He led her to the fire exit and there he let her surrender to his shoulder. Henry wanted to say something, anything to even comfort her but he knew that whatever he say at the moment wont do anything good. He listened to her sobs. her complaints, then she paused, looked at Henry and said "Can I be your new flat mate?"


A/N : First part of Chaery fic done! -exhales- now I'm nervous for my life writing the next part. ^^v