2nd tub of Ice Cream

Ice Cream for You

He listened to her sobs. her complaints, then she paused, looked at Henry and said "Can I be your new flat mate?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry looked at her and said "What?"
Chaerin wiped her tears, cleared and said "Hyung, I want to be your new flat mate". Henry replayed the sentence in his brain before he spoke "Chaerin-ah, you need to think this over... You're just saying that because you're mad. Give it a few weeks okay?"
She was a little shocked at how he responded, she looked at her feet instead "Dont you want me to be your new flat mate?" she said, almost whispered. Henry heard her and he is trying to not consider what he's feeling because his brain and his heart is having a war as we speak. Just before he responds, he heard the door open and "Snoopy! Unnie! Are you two okay?" a voice said. Chaerin straightened and moved away a little, Henry cleared his throat before he replied "Yeah, We're good. We'll be up, Stitch... Thanks".

The two fixed themselves up and they went back to the "Party" and Adam was no where to be found, before they can even ask "He told me he has to pack so he left" Amber started "You can spend the night here if you want unnie" she said to Chaerin.
"I have to go pack as well, and to talk to him" Chaerin said, getting her jacket and her bag and Amber suddenly said "I'll help you pack unnie" and they went on their way. 
Eunhyuk was tying his best not to let Jinnie near any alcohol when Henry squeezed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and his forefinger and said "Fck no" 
"You okay man?" Eunhyuk said when he noticed Henry.
"I don't know myself hyung..."
"Chaerin?" he suddenly asked
"Yea... what? No..." Henry then replied
"I know what's up with the two of you"
"Nothing is up with the two of us hyung" Henry insisted
"I didn't really believe it when someone told me that French is the language of love... but when I saw what it did to the both of you... I'm starting to believe in that saying."
"Hyung... what are you talking about?" Henry said, chuckling as he tried to have a poker face
"I know you like her, Henry. I'm a man too! I know these stuff" he said
"Yeah oppa! I can see it in your smile" Jinnie then said to Henry as she in on their conversation
"You two are playing with me" he  laughing and shook his head. He looked at his watch and saw that it was already past 11 pm. He looked at the couple who's still there and said "Hyung... aren't you going to take her home? It's almost midnight"
"!" Eunhyuk started "Cmon Jinnie, before your room mate locks the room again" he then added as he took Jinnie's hand and head towards the door "You two take care on the way!" Henry shouted just before they close the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amber caught up with Chaerin just in time "Unnie..." she started, panting "Where are you going? Why are you packing?" she added
"I'm moving out of Adam's flat. Since he's leaving, there's no reason for me to stay there any longer." Chaerin replied as she marched to where Adam's flat is.
She opened the door and barged in and walked straight to her room, Amber could only follow behind her. She started to throw all her clothes into her bags, not minding if they're clean or not, or if they're folded properly or not, she just wants to get out of there. Adam heard the commotion and went to check in "Chae" he called but she didn't answer
"Chae" he went again, a little louder but she didn't answer as well. "CHAERIN" he then called
"WHAT?" she replied
"What are you doing? Where are you going?" 
"Don't you have eyes? Can't you see I'm packing?"
"Where are you going?" he asked
"As far away from you as possible" she replied and continued packing. Adam punched the wall with all his might and gave the two girls a little heart attack. They packed as fast as they can and went out the door the next minute. As they were standing on the sidewalk, Amber cant help but wonder "Unnie... where are you going to stay?"
"With you of course, I asked to be Henry hyung's new flat mate" she said, bowing her head a little as they try and get a taxi.The two arrived at Henry's flat, Henry was already asleep when they did, They settled all of Chaerin's stuff in Amber's room and they shared the bed for the night. 

Morning came upon them and Henry was already up making breakfast. He was cooking pancakes, bacon and making coffee. He then knocked at Amber's room to wake her up but when the door opened he was at loss for words "Yeah?" sleepy voice said. 
"B-B-Br-Breakfast" he managed to stutter.
"I'll wake up Amber" she said and smiled
"Oh...kay" he said.
Chaerin walked to Amber's side of the bed and then blinked, she just took in the fact that she saw her hyung in his boxers. She blinked again and stared into space for a second and then finally, poked Amber in the arm "Josephineeeeeeeee!! wake upppppp" she said
"I told you to not call me that" Amber mumbled
"Come on~ I'm hungryyy" she then said
"Fine Fine Fine" Amber said, sitting up and putting an overly sized shirt. "come on then" she then gave up.

The two joined a clothed Henry in the dining area, He was casually drinking his coffee when he saw the girls appear "Breakfast?" he asked and the two sat down and enjoyed their meal. Breakfast was quiet until Amber decided to break the awkward silence "Oppa! I might get to leave sooner than expected, I want Chaerin unnie to settle in my room"
"Ani~ there's no need for that! You can stay as long as you want, you make a good pillow" Chaerin then said and ruffled Amber's hair. "You can sleep in my room if you want, I can sleep on the couch" Henry offered but the two declined. Their day was a little okay, they helped Amber with laundry and then they helped her pack her room and get all her clothes folded. They took a picture to commemorate their cleaning day, it was bittersweet for all of them. Amber wants to stay but she cant just pass up on the NYC opportune. She gave one of her caps to Henry and Chaerin as a little remembrance and she promised to visit Korea when she has time. 
The day has come, Amber said her sappy goodbye's to Chaerin, Eunhyuk and Jinnie but just gave Henry fist pump. They gave Adam a pat on the shoulder, Henry told him to take care of Amber and Chaerin just ignored the fact that he was there. The four watched as Amber and Adam walk to the airport and leave to fulfil their dreams.

They went their separate ways and Chaerin and Henry head back to the flat. They didn't talk on the way there and still didn't talk when they reached the flat and their rooms. Henry was on his phone all day, monitoring Amber's flight and when he saw that they were halfway there, he decided to play with some notes on his piano. Chaerin heard what he was playing and sent him a text message "You okay?"
"Good, you?"
"Not really"
"Want to go eat?" he texted, then he heard a knock on his door. He opened it and smiled to her and said "Sorry, I'm such a useless host"
"Used to it" Chaerin scoffed, and then laughed. The two put their coats on and went on their way. They bought dinner at the nearest sidewalk cart; they bought sundae, ddeokbokki, sausages and lastly they stopped my the mart to get tubs of ice cream. They arrived home, put the ice cream in the freezer and put their food in bowls and they ate. They were talking about taking French 2 next semester, also they wanted to fix their schedule so their breaks fall at the same time. They were laughing and smiling and making fun of each other that night. It lasted about a week, then Chaerin started to lock herself in her room and was talking to someone late at night. Henry then decided to check up on Amber and found out that it was Adam she was talking to. 

Henry dropped the call after telling Amber that he has to go sleep. He stared at his ceiling that night, hoping that he would fall asleep but he stayed awake till the sun came in his room. He decided to make breakfast for Chaerin, cover it up and toast up a piece of bread for him to eat in his room.
~~~~~~~~~~
Chaerin woke up and saw the breakfast on the table, she knocked on Henry's door but he wasn't answering. "Guess I'm gonna have to eat alone" and she did. Lunch came by and it was the same scenario. "Hyung! Aren't you going to join me for lunch?" she asked but all she got was a "not hungry" from him. Henry thought about what he really wanted to do and that is to settle his feelings. "I should just stop it, she's taken and I dont want to interfere with her thing with Adam" he said to himself as he stared at the ceiling still.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaerin was happy with her being with Henry, she didn't have this much fun as a flat mate when she was still living under Adam's roof. She admits being with Adam is great because I mean Adam is a great guy but sometimes Adam can be a little over the top. She enjoyed having breakfast with Henry because she gets to talk with her friend. She considers him one of her closest friends, she gets relationship advice from him, she gets a free meal out of him, and she even has a buddy who can talk to in French without even stuttering. Henry was the ultimate package for her. Everything was going smooth when one morning, she saw a breakfast tray out, she wondered if Henry did even eat something "Hyung?" she knocked on his door but no one was answering her. She knew she was there but he isn't even speaking, "Wonder what's wrong with him..." she mumbled as she ate in peace and washed the dishes and go back to her room and cuddle with her rilakkuma stuffed toy "Kkuma, do you know what's wrong with Henry hyung?" she asked. The whole week was like that; Chaerin eating alone and doing nothing but talk to kkuma, one night one of her friends from voice class invited her for a sleep over. She cant say no so she packed her pajamas and knocked on Henry's door and said "Hyung, I'm spending the night at my friends house. She invited me for a sleep over.. I'll call you when I get there okay? I made food in case you get hungry." she said and left.

She arrived at her unnie's and she called Henry a couple of times but there was no answer from him at all. She sighed and just settled at a bench outside, she was looking at the stars and admired them. She decided to take a picture of it and send it to Henry. She got a reply saying "It's beautiful", Chaerin smiled and decided to reply back "I wish you can see it with me" then she got a call
"Hello?"
"I can see it from here too you know." he said with a groggy voice
"I know" she said as she smiled "go back to sleep then.. Good night hyung" she said and dropped the call. She kept on staring at the stars and taking pictures of the view. 

She went back in and saw her friends already sleeping, she sighed and called her hyung but he isn't answering. She called again and she got the same result, she then got her back pack and went back to their flat. Just as she was about to enter, the door opened revealing a half Henry "Hyung~ How many times have I told you... You can't walk around half " she said as she walked in and put her jacket over him
"Why not? This is my flat too you know."
"Just because... promise me you wont do it again?"
"I promise" Henry said, locking the door and getting a tub of ice cream from the freezer. He settled on one of the chairs and Chaerin sat on the empty chair in front of him. He started to eat and Chaerin stared at him. He offered her some and they shared the spoon, she was eating he ice cream happily when "Chaerin-ah" he said
"Hmmm?" she replied
"You have a... something there" he said, pointing to her face
"Where?" she said, trying to look for it using her hand. Henry then gave up and wiped the ice cream off the side of her lip with his thumb, and it away from his finger. Chaerin froze at his gesture and Henry can only smile and take another spoonful of ice cream. "You okay?" he asked as he took another spoonful and stuck the spoon in the ice cream tub. Chaerin nodded and he stood up, ruffled her hair, returned her jacket, said "good night" and walk back to his room.

Chaerin then looked at the tub of ice cream and took the spoon out and ate. She blinked a couple of times before gulping and then breathing. She took her jacket, wore it and turned red as her mind replayed and absorbed what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~
Morning came and Chaerin was still snuggling with her kkuma when she felt her phone vibrate, It was Adam calling. She stared at her phone for a while before answering the call, when she did
"Are you still asleep?" he said
"I was a few seconds ago..." she replied, her eyes still closed
"Sorry, I wanted to tell you something about NYC" Adam said
"Can't you just email it to me? I'll be able to read it when I wake up..." she mumbled and Adam continued to tell his story. Chaerin listened to him as he told her his whole day, she was okay with Adam calling him but she hasn't really told him anything because if she starts something, she cant finish the whole story without Adam butting in. He was almost to the end when "Babe, I'm sorry... I wasn't able to get any of what you just said. Sorry, my brain is still alseep" she started, before she can continue what she's saying "Go back to sleep then. Bye" he said and hung up. "Thanks, you just runied my day" she then said to the phone before turning it off.

Chaerin decided to go and get breakfast, she opened her door and saw Henry coming out from the shower "HYUNG! what did I tell you about being " she said
"Cmon Chaerin-ah! I JUST got out of the shower, you expect me to be fully clothed?"
"Yeah!"
"Seriously? Come on... I  JUST got out of the shower!!"
"Ugh! go get dressed!" she then said and Henry marched to his room. She then saw the left over food on the table and helped herself. She shook her head at the subborness of her hyung and laughed at how he's bullied easily by her. 

~~~~~~~~~~

The two were closer that last time, they shop together and share a tub of ice cream after every meal. "You got me addicted to this stuff" she once said to him. Chaerin forgot about Adam and was having fun with the company of Henry. The second term came and they basically had almost the whole week together, 2 classes each day they had that they're classmates was what they planned and now working. Theyre relationship as friends was a little deeper than usual. They walk closer to each other now, and shinship isn't even an issue. She wraps her arm around his and he can wrap his arm around her shoulder and they wouldn't mind.

One night, Chaerin was talking to kkuma when "Kkuma, are you taking care of my star?" he started "You better look out for her or else I wont buy a playmate for you!" he then added. Chaerin could only stare and ask "Your star?"
"Yes, my star... the brightest that outshines every star in the galaxy" he said and ruffled her hair before going to the kitchen to wash the dishes
"He has a star?" she asked



A/N : Okay, second part done! Hope I can get my shiz straight and remember how I would end this fic... -sighs- I actually am a little fcked up with life so yeah... If I have some errors... I'd go proof read this later or soon or something... -still nervous for my life-