Chapter 2

I Think I'll Never Love You

The sun peeked throw the silky curtain, and shined brightly around the room. It didnt leave any corner to the darkness. As if the sun wanted to say "Good Morning", its light landed on Jieun's eyes. The light seeped through her eyelids making her realize it was already morning. "I shouldve closed the window..." she muttered. Downstairs Jieun's ears picked up the noise of rustling around the room. "Shhhh Jieun is asleep" she could hear her mother squeak. "Im trying, but we should really wake up Jieun." her father said. Jieun muttered under her breathe, and began to lightly yell "Im awake!!". Her parents immediately stopped what they were doing and footsteps ran up the stairs. They were in a hurry, but why? Jieun was still in bed with the blanket wrapped tightly around her curvy body. Just then her mom peeked in to see a sleepy Jieun rubbing her eyes. 

"Hey whats with all of the noise?" Jieun asked. Her mom only smiled. "Get ready, we have to tell you something." her father's strict words ran through her mind. "Alright" she hesitantly agree. 2 heads vanished from peeking out into her room. She tossed and her bed, then got up. didnt really want to get up.. Jieun protested. Her body didnt want to agree to her thoughts though. It took her exactly 40 minutes to get herself cleaned up. Jieun trotted down the stairs, and her parents rushed to the couch. "Come sit by us, we have to talk to you about something." her mother's sweet voice spoke. "Did i do something wrong?" Jieun stopped in her movements. "No no, come sit. We'll tell you." Jieun rushed to the couch, and sat across from them. The air became strange, and the voices were dead silent. "You're getting married." her father broke the silence. W-What? Did i hear right!? Jieun mentally yelled. "WHAT. i'm too young!!" she protested. "Jieun please? we have a reason for this... we always wanted you to be happy but right now we're struggling." Jieun's mom pleaded. Her father handed her and envelope, and Jieun tore it up trying to open it. "D-debt?" she questioned. "Yes...i lost my job a couple days ago and now we have alot of debt to pay. The person you will marry can help us with that." her father said. "But thats not love! its using someone! i cant do that, i wont!" Jieun yelled. One thing i wont do is marry someone i dont love! "Please Jieun. You cant turn this down. You love your parents right? do this for us. We have always provided you the best, and now when we need something you turn your back on us?" Jieun's mother said. This was the first time she ever talked like that. 
"B-but im not ready.." she hesitantly muttered. They were right. What kind of daughter would she be if she didnt do this for them. They never asked anything from her, and this was their first time pleading. "Fine... i'll do it" she sighed. Her father rushed to her side. "Thank you Jieun" he wrapped his arms around her body. "No problem.." Jieun muttered under your breath. Its not like you wanted to do it, but for your family's sake you had to do it. "We'll be visiting them later on in the day, so before then you're free. By 4 pm we want you getting ready though. 6 pm we should be there." her mother said. The soft voice was gone, where did it go? It was almost like Jieun's mother had multiple personalities, and the crazy/rude type was comming out. Jieun's mouth made an o, then left. "I cant believe i did that to Jieun..." her father said. 
 
A couple hours later, the sky was blue. The clouds were shaped into different kinds of shapes that anyone could guess what it was. There was a slight breeze, just enough for her to feel. The sun was shining, but not like it was blinding anyone. Jieun stayed inside her room processing the whole morning. im getting married huh? its not like its a bad thing right? what if i will falling in love with him? maybe he's prince charming? Jieun didnt even let anything else invade her mind. She could careless about her surroundings at the moment. Just then a clock went off and shut her train of thought. "4 pm..." she muttered. A knock was heard on the door. "Jieun sweety, im going to leave something by the door that you should wear." her mom spoke. she completely changed from his morning.. Jieun huffed. Immediately she stood up and shuffled her feet to the door. There she saw a small pink box tied around with a black ribbon. She bent down, and slowly picked it up. The lid fell to the ground with a thud, and Jieun's eyes popped open. "Wahhhh~ so pretty!" she pulled a dress out of the box, letting the rest of the box fall to the ground. She examined it more, and it was a a simple cream colored dress. It wasnt too showy, but it was strapless. The dress had a slightly darker color of cream on the ribbon that wrapped around the waist. The beading on it was on the top half, but it still looked beautiful. Slowly Jieun undressed and then slipped on the dress. The dress didnt look all perfect on her, but the dress did compliment her. It hugged her waist, and stopped around mid-thigh. She looked around in her closet and found white platforms she could match it with. Jieun really wasnt a fan of heels, nor was she a fan of makeup. She hated the idea of caking on layers and layers of makeup, but she already knew her mother would ask if she had put on makeup. So, she put on a thin layer of it. Mostly all she used was bb cream, eyeliner, lip tint, and mascara.

"Jieun are you done!" her father hollered. "Almost!!" she yelled back. She grabbed her purse and walked out of her room. "Tsk how i wish i had an older sister now... although i wouldnt want her to suffer. Jieun... lets make the best of this okay?" she talked to herself. If anyone was in the room with her, they wouldve thought she was crazy. Her mother gawked at her when Jieun had made it to the front door. "My daughter is beautiful indeed. Just like her mother" Jieun's father spoke. Her mother had hit her father slightly, and he grinned. "Sorry" he spoke. "What? Mom he just complimented you." Jieun tilted her head. "Nevermind that" she muttered under her breath. Jieun held her breath as she passed by the door. It was time to meet her new fiance soon. Good thing it was the weekend, or she wouldve been freaking out about finishing her homework for class instead.

The ride there was long and quiet. Jieun didnt know why it was awkward with them anymore. Usually her and her parents wouldve been laughing and smiling the whole way there. Soon they arrived at a fancy resturaunt. It was only fancy because of Jieun fiance's family would pay and they only accept the best. Jieun dragged her feet inside, and her dad glanced around the room. "Reservation under Mr and Miss Kim?" he asked. "Ah you must mean the parents of Kim Jongin?" the waiter asked. They nodded in agreement, and the waiter lead Jieun and her parents to an isolated table near the corner. "They arent here yet, so please take a seat. If you want any drinks, ill be happy to take your order" he smiled. Jieun could only smile back and look around. Indeed it was fancy, too fancy for her liking. "Ah no its ok, we shall wait for the Kims." Jieun's mom spoke. The waiter only bowed respectfully, then left. "They're late" Jieun mumbled. "Shush its only 5:30" her mom spoke. It was kind of a harsh tone, and she pressed her lips into a fine line. 30 minutes passed, and they still werent there. Soon after, Jieun's dad got a called. "Ah ok, we shall wait then. No need to hurry in a rush" he smiled. Jieun loved her dad. He was sincere in everything he did, and he thinks of the best for her. The only thing she didnt get was, why he planned for her to get married to a rich guy. Of course the debt was there, but he also couldve taken out some of the saving money to pay it off. He had set out alot of savings money, and it wouldve been enough to pay for all of the debt. Jieun had seen the amount that was in there, and she knew it would be more than enough to pay for the debt.

"Ahh sorry we're late. Business matters, and we had a hard time dragging our son here" the middle-aged man smiled. "Wahh~ Jieun you look gorgeous!" the middle-aged woman said. There was another man standing by them. wow hes handsome...wait-- "You!" Jieun and the boy both pointed at each other. He flared his nose. "Tsk im getting married to this kid!?" he yelled.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
okok this is a late update but yeah- im sorry it should be easy to edit this story but ive been caught up with alot of stuff so yeah-- sorry.