Chapter 1

I Think I'll Never Love You

La la la la la. Humming inside her brain, Jieun skipped along the crowded streets of Seoul. Her arms burning with the heavyness of the 5 shopping bags in her arms. Earlier, she was shopping with the money she had earn proudly at her job in a small cafe that is pretty popular. Jieun would earn good tips despite the low wages she earned as a waitress. i should probably head home now. Barely lifting her arms up, it was covered with red lines made from the cheap handles. Prying her way through the crowd of people, she tried to find the best way through. should i find a cab? Jieun was tired of sliding past the bodies of taller people. Without processing what was happening, Jieun was shoved against a slim figure. The heel of her foot stomped right over another person's foot. Eep. Jieun internally shrieked, hoping the person was some what a forgiving person. "Ah! I'm-" Jieun was completely cut off by a semi-deep voice.

"Clean it."

Jieun turned her head to see a taller male, tan in skin color. It wasnt the kind of skin tone she was used to seeing, but she couldnt deny it looked right on him. Shoving the thought away, she was taken aback by his statement. Excuse him? "What-" she was cut off again by the male.

"You scuffed my shoe. Clean it."

The male stated the obvious, making Jieun roll her eyes. this- stopping her thought, she breathed in and out, calming her nerves. "Look i know i made a mistake of being shoved onto you, but it doesnt mean that i should puppy down and be your slave." her smart-mouth tongue fired back at him, glaring him dead in the eyes. She had no intention of being nice towards this male, as he already had gotten on her nerves. take back what i said earlier. he doesnt look good at all. bastard. Jieun cursed him in her head, shoving herself off of him to dust herself off.

"Tch. I have no time to play with kids."

That statement had ticked Jieun off more as she glanced at him. The tanned male gazed down at his wrist-watch in a panicked manner. hes in a hurry? "If you need to go, find your way out now." Jieun snarked as turned her body around to walk away from him. The male gawked at her in disbelief before walking away in a rushed manner. "Stupid tall tanned bastard. My life would've been better not running into him." murmuring to herself, she was caught off-guard as the front door swung open; almost knocking her right in the face. "See you later! Have a nice day." Jieun heard her mom yell from the inside. Visitors? Jieun hesitated whether to meet them, or turn off to the side and allow them to walk past her. Before making a decision, two unfamiliar faces greeted her at the front steps. "Ah, you must be Jieun. Indeed you're beautiful." an older male spoke, and the woman next to him nodded. "Thank you." Jieun managed to speak out as she bowed towards them. Do i know them? Her head still bowed towards them. "No need to bow, raise your head." the woman spoke as she tenderly smiled at her. "We'll be seeing each other often." the male spoke again, before bowing and proceeding to leave. Jieun gazed as the two figures disappeared in their fancy car with their fancy chaffeuer. Making sure they were gone, Jieun headed inside to find her mom cleaning up the dinner table and her father loosening his tie.

"I'm back." Jieun meekly smiled at her parents, as she set her bags down by the front door. She slipped her shoes off as she walked towards her mom. "Need any help?" Carefully picking up the plates, she helped her mom set the dishes in the sink. The dishes piled up on top of each other, almost overflowing. What did they mean that they'll see me more often? Jieun sighed as she was still trying to figure out his hidden riddle. Walking over to her father, she sat down next to him; laying her head onto his shoulder. "Dad, what did you guys talk about?" Jieun was planning on prying the answer out one way or another. She knew her mom wouldnt tell her.

"Its nothing." her father smiled gently at her, patting Jieun's head. So no answer? Pursing her lip out in a fine line, she exhaled. Proceeding to grab her bags from earlier, she headed upstairs into her room. Jieun threw herself ontop of her bed, nuzzling her face on her soft blanket. It gave her a sense of security, like she was safe from anything.

"i still wonder"

Jieun fluttered her eyes closed as she clutched onto her blanket. Softly breathing, her breaths became even. She fell into a quick slumber as she was all tired out from her earlier experience. Soft creaking came closer as her door opened softly. "She's sleeping." a semi-high voice spoke. "I feel bad,we've never done anything like this to her before." a husky voice spoke. "I hope she'll forgive us." the semi-high voice meekly let out as the door silently shut. Outside the door, the two people sighed and headed down the stairs. "I just hope this is the best for Jieun."


ive decided to rewrite this story, a some parts of the story will be taken out completely or re-arranged. i feel like i have drabbled on this story alot, and i havent been focusing on the story at all. i hope this story will turn out the best, and thank you all for sticking with me. <3