Five.

Soulmate

'Henry?' You crooked your head a little. You hesitatedly shoke his hand and he sat down opposite you. You studied him again, slowly. Blonde hair, fair skin, appropriately dressed. Not what you imagined the person you were meeting would be like.

"So... How did you know my name?" You asked.

"I'm in the same elective class as you." He answered.

"Really? How come I never see you around." You replied.

"You were always by yourself in a corner and you would rush off to meet Kris and Luhan after that, of course you wouldn't notice most of the people."

He was right. Since you took a different elective from Kris and Luhan, you were like a loner in class, listening to the lecture, sometimes making small talks to the classmates beside you. 'Am I really that anti-social...'

"Now that you know me, you can attend classes with me!" He added. There was something about this boy that was somehow very captivating. He looked like a small boy, not someone that was your age or older than you. You broke into a smile and nodded. You spent a little more time getting to know this Canadian who came all the way here to study. 'Just like Kris...' you thought. Surprisingly, he was older than you but based on his looks, he could easily pass off as your younger brother. The meeting went better than what you expected and you ended up making a new friend.

"What exactly do you know about me?" You asked, taking a sip of coffee from the straw. "Isn't this the main reason you asked to meet me for?"

"Looks like you are really curious." He smirked. He looked at his watch and then looking out the window. He turned back and looked at you straight in the eye. "Do you see it?"

"See what?" You looked out of the window but you don't seem to see anything. You turned back to him and see him still looking at you. You took a closer look and saw something different yet familiar at the same time. "Your eyes..."

Henry smiled. His eyes turned into a dark shade of blue. "So you're.."

"A half-blood." 

You wasn't expecting that to come from him. You didn't know you could actually find someone that was in the same situation as you. You were shocked yet egar at the same time to know about your own kind.

"Are you a white wolf too?" You asked and he nodded. "Really?" You leaned closer to the table. "So you can tell me about our own kind? What do you know about them?"

"I know. but only a little bit." He started. "White wolves are a rare breed, a minority comopared to the other wolves. We used to be the ones ruling over the wolf population, kind of making us the superior over the others. We were a powerful and ruthless breed and will not hesitate to kill off anyone that don't go by the rules and orders."

"Used to be? So what happened?"

"I'm getting there, be patient!" He chuckled. "Because of the way we did things, it caused lots of unhappiness among the other wolves so they decided to over throw us. From what I heard, it was initiated by a stray wolf pack because they were always getting into trouble with us. Since many of the other wolves didn't like the way we did things, they allied together and over thrown us, killing as many of our kind they see which is why we are kind of the hated ones. But the incident was hundreds of years ago so I don't think the younger generation will hate us that much."

"Oh.... How did you know all of these?"

"My mum told me. She fell in love with my dad and she left her pack after that. Both of them was killed in an accident when they were on their way back from work. I'm not sure if it was a pure accident or someone is just out to kill them."

'Someone from another pack?" You asked. 

"Maybe."

"Looks like we're in the same situation." You said. "How did you know that I'm a half-blood as well?"

"Not many people have the same hair colour as us you know. Plus, I realise that your eyes would change colour as well."

"You know, you sound a lot like a stalker." You laughed, making the atmosphere lighter from the serious talk you have moments ago. "But looks like I've found someone from my own family."

"I'm just observant." He replied. "Well, looks like I've got a little sister to take care of now."

You were so glad you found someone that you could relate to. This meeting was indeed not what you have expected. The both of you have been there long enough that you could feel your stomach growling. "Dinner?" You suggested.

 

"Hello?" You answered the incoming call halfway through your dinner.

"Where are you?"

"Apujeong. Having dinner with a friend."

"Friend? What friend?"

"Someone from my elective class. What's wrong?"

"We're around the corner so uhm.. do you want us to pick you up?"

"It's okay. I can go by on my own. See you back home then!"

 

"Boyfriend?" Henry asked.

"What? Nonono. Just a friend." You replied.

"Kris?"

"Yeah.." You gave a shy smile.

"I always thought you two were a couple cause you both seem to be around each other."

"We're just... close friends. I've known him since the first day of school so maybe that's why most people misunderstood. Plus, he can't like me..."

"Why not? You're a wolf aren't you?"

"But not a full one." You said. "I don't know. It just doesn't feel right."

"But you like him don't you." He asked. You kept quite and started playing with your food. "Follow your heart. Our parents are the best example."

"What about you?" You asked.

"Me? I'm still waiting for my destined one." He replied. The both of you continued on with your dinner but you were disrupted by a knock on the glass next to you. You turned and see Sehun happily waving at you and the rest of the boys. You waved back and noticed Kris standing at the back. His brows were furrowed together, looking a little unhappy. Since the both of you were almost done with dinner, Henry suggested the both of you to leave since the boys were waiting for you.

"Here." You grabbed his phone and started typing. "My number. Call or text me so we can go for class together next time. It's great knowing you."

"Me too." He said and ruffled your hair. "See you around then. And remember, follow your heart." He placed a light pat on your shoulder. He greeted the boys before leaving. You turned around to the boys are saw Kris glaring a little at Henry as he walked off but quickly looked away when he noticed that you were looking at him. Since the night was still young, the boys suggested going for some drinks. You didn't really like to drink much but you tagged along since you didn't want to ruin the mood.

You all arrived at the bar the Exo usually frequent. You were brought to a table which seemed to be only for VIPs but you all could just sit there. Along the way, there were groups of people coming over to say hi and make small chats. Just like in school, the boys were popular with girls at the bar. There would be groups of girls, who are working there, coming over to greet the boys and also random girls coming up to talk to the boys. Even though you were seated next to Kris, the girls treated you as transparent, making their way in between the both of you to talk to him which made you a little upset.You felt a little out of place and uneasy since you were the only girl there and the boys were mostly occupied with entertaining their friends, you took the chance to slip out of the bar. You dropped a few of them a text and walked down the streets.

---

"Have you guys seen Chaekyung?" Kris asked.

"Wasn't she seated next to you?" Luhan replied. Kris scanned the premises of the bar but you were no where to be seen.

"She left." Sehun said, putting down his drink.

"Left?"

"Yeah. Didn't you see her message?" Sehun replied, waving the phone in his hand.

Kris then took out his phone and read the message you sent. "I'll see you guys at home." Kris said and left.

"This guy..." Tao said. "What are we going to do about him."

"It's not that bad, right?" Sehun said, looking at Xiumin who kept quiet.

---

It was getting late and you felt tired. You decided to walk back to the house and have some time alone to think about what Henry said. 'Follow your heart...' It's true that there are no rules against dating half-bloods but you were still self conscious. What would his parents think if they knew? What would the other members of their family think? Sometimes, you really hated the fact that you are not normal.

You passed by a swing while walking through the park and decided to sit on it. You slowly swing and you felt rocks being thrown at you from the back. You turned around but there was no one there. You ignored it and continued sitting there, minding your own business. After a while, you felt it again. Not bothering to look back, you grabbed your bag and walked off.

"Where do you think you are going?" A tall male appeared infront of you, stopping you in your tracks. He wans a young man, probably your age or older.

"Get lost." You said and pushed him aside. 

"Trying to play hard to get?" He scoffed and grabbed you by your arm. You tried your best to swing your hand free but his grip was too tight. "No wonder they said the white wolf was fierce." He smirked.

"What do you want?" You paniced because he knew about you. You tried to struggled free again but he ended up gripping onto both your hands. He leaned in closer, taking in your scent. "You smell really nice." You could feel his breath against your neck. Without hesitation, you used your strength to push him away and kicked him in the stomach. 

He fell onto the ground. It looks like it actually hurt because it took him a while before he could get up. You turned around and wanted to run away but you were stopped by another guy infront of you. You backed up from him and before you knew, someone turned you around and grabbed you by your neck. "You know what I like about half-bloods?" He said, sending shivers down your spine. "Their eyes. Especially yours." He ran a finger down your jawline and smirked.

"What do you want?" You asked again.

"Me?" He smirked. "I just wanted to see a half-blooded white wolf for myself. There's a myth saying that half-blooded white wolves are even more powerful than the pure white wolves."

You were stunned. You never knew about that and you don't know if it's true. Who was he to tell you all these and what did he want from you. "You know, I really like your eyes..." He growled. You could sense his inner wolf taking over him as he leaned close to you again. His hand was still on you neck, the other hand slowing making it's way around your waist. You tried to pry his hands away, freeing yourself from him. Before his lips touched yours, you felt him being pulled off you.

"Kris?"

"Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" He asked.

" No, I'm fi- WATCH OUT!" You yelled. Luckily, Kris' reflexes were quickly enough to prevent the guy from hitting him. It was two against one. You were flustered and didn't know what to do. Even though Kris was a good fighter, the other two were good too. Just when Kris was struggling with one of them. The other guy picked up a broken glass bottle and walk towards Kris. He slowly held the glass bottle up high, preparing to smash it down on his head. You didn't know what got over you, you ran infront of Kris and blocked the incoming bottle with your arm. The guy was shocked. You felt like someone else was controlling your body. Just after he smashed you with the bottle, you charged towards him, kicking him in the stomach making him fall. You grabbed him up by the collar and threw a punch in his face and he was left squ in pain. 

"Chaekyung!"

"CHAEKYUNG!" Kris called out for you and you snapped back to your sense. You stared at the guy in pain one the ground and you were shocked at the amount of strength you actually could deliver. "Let's get out of here." Kris grabbed your arm and your bag that was on the floor and ran.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked.

"Yeah..." You answered softly, still shocked at what you did just now.

"Goodness you're bleeding chaekyung!" He exclaimed. You didn't even notice if he didn't mention. The hand that you blocked the bottle with was bleeding non-stop. Kris took off his jacket to wrap around your wound temporarily and drove off quickly back home.

---

"What happened to the both of you?!" Chanyeol exclaimed as the both of you walked in. You felt apologectic because you were the one that caused Kris to get hurt. Kris settled you down on the chair and took off the jacket covering your hand. The blood stopped flowing but the cut was still raw and there were glass pieces stuck to your wound. Yixing (A/N: I'm using Lay's real name as well cause Lay just sounds... yeah, yknow.) came back with the first aid kit and frowned when he saw your wound.

"It's gonna hurt just a little..." He said as he poured some water to clean your wound. It stung a little but it didn't hurt as much a you thought it did. "Does it hurt?" Yixing asked.

"Just a little." You replied.

"I'm gonna remove the broken glass pieces from your cuts.It's gonna hurt quite a fair bit." He warned.

Kris held on to your other hand, letting you grab onto it when Yixing picks out the glass pieces.

"I'm sorry if it's gonna hurt a lot." He apologised before hand. "Ready?"

"Just do it." You replied. You sounded so calm that the boys were shocked.

Yixing was more nervous compared to you. He tried his best to take them out as painlessly as he could. Since your cuts were still raw, it was painful when the glass came into contact with the raw skin. You flinched a little, grabbing onto Kris' hand but that's all you did. No screaming, no crying not even a single sound. You acted as thought you only got a slight cut. It was down to the last piece, which was also the biggest. Yixing took a deep breath and looked at you. You nodded, asking him to remove it. He placed the tweezer on the protruding area and gently pulled it but it was stuck.

"Just pull it. It won't kill me. Just do what you need to do to get it out." You assured him, making the boys shocked at your comment. 

"Sorry." Yixing apologised, again and pulled the piece of glass. He started twisting it, making it loose before he pulled it out. You felt the rough edges of the glass against your raw flesh and it's started to hurt more since that glass was so deep. You grabbed tighter onto Kris' and bit your lips together. Kris gently rubbed his hand against your back, soothing your from the pain. After a few minutes, Yixing finally managed to get it out. He cleaned your wound once again and applied some dressing over them to make them heal faster. 

"Thanks Yixing." You said. 

"No problem." He replied. "I'm quite shocked at your tolerance of pain. This kid here can't even handle a small cut." He said, looking at the maknae. You too, were quite surprised that you could tolerate so much pain.

"Hey! That's not true!" Sehun rebutted. "Don't listen to him. He's talking rubbish." He pouted.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up." Kris said.

"Keep your wound away from water!" Yixing reminded.

 

You came out from your shower and see Kris seated on your bed.

"That's fast." You said, walking over and sat down next to him.

"What happened just now?" He asked.

"I wanted to leave when I felt someone throwing rocks at me but that guy appeared out of no where. It seems like he knew about me. He knew who I was and what which family I belonged to. He told me things I never knew. It's just... It feels like people are out to get me." You sighed.

Kris placed his hand over yours. "Don't worry, I'm here. Besides, you were really impressive just now. I never knew you were so strong."

"I didn't too. The guy told me that white wolves are fierce." You paused. " And he said there's a myth saying that half-blooded white wolves are even stronger than the pure ones... I don't know.. Maybe he's right?"

"We'll find out soon." Kris said.

"I'm sorry." You said, placing your hands on his cheek and gently rubbing the bruise he has by the side of his lips. "You're injuried because of me, again."

"You got injuried because of me too." He replied. "Besides..." He took your hand that was on his face and slowly pulling it away. He looked at you straight in the eye, closing the distant between the two of you. You felt a weird sensation going through your body. You can't explain what it was but somehow, it made you feel calm and secure. You could feel Kris' breath on your lips and his lips met yours, leaving a soft kiss.

 

"I don't want anyone else touching those, and you."

 


Update! :D Sorry to keep you guys waiting for SOOOOOO long. Hope you all enjoy this chapter~! ^^