Four.

Soulmate

"Chaekyung ah, time to wake up."

"Don't scare me.."

"The weather's really good today, c'mon, get up and I'll bring you out for a walk."

 

 

You slowly opened your eyes, examining your surrounding. 'How long have I passed out...' You turned your head and saw the tall blonde sleeping by your bed. Your lips unknowingly curved up into a smile and stretched out your hand to gently run it through his hair. You saw him move sightly and closed your eyes to pretend to be sleeping again.

Kris was woken up by your slight touch but he was disappointed to see you still 'sleeping'. He sat by your bed and gently pushed away the strands of hair that was covering your face. He walked over to the balcony and slide the glass panel open for the fresh air and sunlight shine into the room.

"The weather's awesome today. Don't you want to wake up and see it?" Kris said as he stood by the glass panel.

You opened your eyes and looked at the tall guy's silhouette, still as stunning as the first time you met him. He's messy blonde hair glistened under the sunlight and his shadow casted on the floor. You could hear the sound of birds chripping and the smell of the morning air was fresh, making you feel more awake.

"If you help me out of this bed, I will." You answered, slowly lifting the sheets off you and sat up.

Kris turned around almost instantly when he heard you and his eyes widen. He rushed over to you, making sure that you don't fall when you get off the bed. You felt stinging pain coming from your limbs and you saw that there were bandages around it. This is when you finally realise how badly injuried you were that night.

"How long have I been sleeping?" 

"Two days." 

"That long?" 

"Mmhmm." Kris nodded.

"So... Have you been taking care of me all these while?" You turned to look at him. His eyes darted around and he started fidgeting with his fingers.

"Of course he did." Xiumin said as he walked into the room. Kris shot him a glare as Xiumin patted him on the back. "Feeling better?"

"Mmm." You nodded. "Much better. But it's still hurting though..." 

"You'll be fine soon." Xiumin assured. "Go wash up and head down for breakfast. I think the boys will be happy to see you woken up."

---

"Oh! Chaekyunggie!" Sehun exclaimed as he saw you walking towards the dining area. The boys were happy to see you finally back up. You sat down and had breakfast with them but you kept quiet. You knew they were going to ask you about that night and you didn't know how to break it to them that you're a half-blood. 'What if they look down on me?'  What Tao said previously kept repeating in your mind. 

'Basically, we try not to associate ourselves with one.'

 

"Why didn't you tell us you were a wolf?" Sehun asked. "It's not like you don't already know who we are."

"I thought there wasn't a need to..." You replied, playing with your fingers at the same time. "But now you all know, right?"

"Of course you should have told us. Then Kris wouldn't have to wor-" Chanyeol's sentence got cut off by a smack from Kris to his head before he could finish.

"Don't have to what?" You were curious about what Chanyeol intended to say. Chanyeol glanced at Kris, who was glaring at him with his piercing stare, and then back to you.

"Oh nothing." He replied. Obviously hiding something from you.

"Then why did you ask us all those questions regarding wolves? Shouldn't you know about it?" Suho asked.

You paused for a moment, realising that they will eventually know about your identity as the conversation goes on. "I didn't really know much about myself." You stopped and looked at everyone. "My dad was killed when I was five, by wolves. That was what my mum told me. I never knew anything about my own breed, what are the laws and anything regarding myself. In fact, I hated my own kind. They killed both my parents and left me with nothing."

The room was quite. The boys were shocked to know your background but they were also confused.

"What about your mum? Didn't she tell you anything? And shouldn't the other members of your parent's pack take care of you?" 

"I don't belong to any pack, neither does my dad." You answered, trying to avoid any questions related ot your mum but you already saw the next question coming.

"Your mum? Doesn't she have her own pack as well?" Baekhyun asked.

"My mum..." You hesitated, you scanned through the room and everyone's eyes was on you, egar to know your answer. You were panicking. You were scared to know their reaction when they knew the answer. You looked over to Xiumin, who seemed to be deep in thoughts. He seemed like he already knew something. 'They'll know it sooner or later anyways...' You took in a deep breath to clear your mind. "My mum's a human. I'm a half-blood."

There. You finally said it. You felt a light weight being lifted off but at the same time, you were hoping that the boys were receptive of your true identity. The boys were in shock, as you expected. No one was talking, making the atmosphere tense and awkward.

"That's the reason why I didn't want to tell you guys. I know most of our kind don't treat us as one of them, I understand that. If you all mind that I'm here, I'll leave. I don't want to make it difficult for all of you." You said. There was still silence. The boys were exchanging looks, most probably waiting for the oldest to comment. Judging from the looks on their face, you decided to take your leave from the living and head back up to your room.

You made up your mind to leave their place. You pulled out your luggage and started putting your clothes into it.

"You're really gonna leave?" You turned your head and see Kris standing by the door.

"Mmm." 

"Why?"

You didn't reply but continued packing your things.

"Look, if it's because of who you are, there isn't a need for you to leave." He said. "And you are not fully recovered yet."

"I can take care of myself." You replied, " I don't want to make things difficult for you all."

"How difficult can things get."

"What if your parents know? What about your other friends? Even if you all are acceptive of who I am, doesn't necessary mean that they will too." You answered.

"It doesn't matter what they think I'm okay with you be-"

"I'm leaving, Kris. I've caused enough trouble for you all already." You said.

"You're not leaving until we find out who is after you." Xiumin said, suddenly appearing at the door. 

"But-"

"No buts. Plus you're not fully recovered. Don't worry about us, we're not going to treat you any differently just because you're a half-blood." He said.

"But Tao said-"

"Don't mind that kid. He's a little blunt at times but he mean no harm." Xiumin assured. "So all you need to do now is put all your things back, and don't run out of the house without us."

You nodded. Kris followed Xiumin out and you were left alone in your room. You reluctantly placed your things back and sat down on your bed, still worrying about how awkward it would be at dinner later.

---

"Are you sure it's safe to keep her with us?" Baekhyun asked.

"It's not like she's going to harm us. Plus, we need to protect her. She'll most probably be in danger if she's out there alone." Luhan replied. "She knows nothing about the danger she would face. I think we need to at least know who are the people after her and all."

"I agree." Kris said.

"Of course you do..." Tao said softly. Unfortunately Kris heard it and glared at him. "What? I was just saying the truth. It's not like we don't know that you like her."

"It's not the time to argue about this." Suho said. "I agree with Luhan as well. As her friend, we should at least protect her from the possible danger she might face. We should at least let her know more about herself before letting her decide if she wants to stay eventually."

"Any strong objections?" Luhan asked. Majority of the boys were alright with the decision of letting you stay. Only a few were uncertain but they agreed eventually. "So what do you say, Xiumin?"

"Let her stay." Xiumin took a while before he answered. "She'll be safer with us and before I find out more about her and the people after her, she will be staying with us."

Kris seemed relieved after hearing the news. 

"You haven't done anything to her, have you?" Xiumin asked, looking at Kris. Kris was taken aback by his sudden question and he looked at him confused. "Imprinting."

"You're not planning to are you?" Tao asked.

"Not yet." Kris answered.

"So you are going to." Tao retorted.

"Why are you acting like this?" Kris snapped. "It's not like she's human."

"Half human."

"There is nothing about being together with a half-blood. I don't see why are you so affected when I'm the one that is in the situation." Kris said.

"He's worried about your parents, Kris." Chanyeol said.

"I'll take care of that when the time comes." Kris replied.

"It's true that there's nothing wrong, but think about it carefully. You might like her now but she might not be your soulmate. Remember we all have that one destined person. Don't lead her in and then break her heart again." Xiumin said.

'I'm sure she's the one...'

---

You headed out to the garden after dinner for some fresh air. The boys acted normal during dinner but you could still sense that there was some awkwardness in the air. You sat down on a swing and slowly rocked back and forth, enjoying the light breeze against your face. 

"Here you are, I was looking around for you." Luhan said. "Follow me, I've got something to tell you."

You looked at him in confusion. "Come on!" He grabbed your wrist and got you to follow after him. He lead you into a huge room with shelves of books and various paintings of different wolves on the wall. 'Is this their library?' He settled you down at one of the table where Xiumin was already at and placed a file infront of you.

"What's this?" You flipped through the papers.

"Wolf laws. Since you didn't really know much, maybe these will help. You can read them during your free time and familiar yourself with them." Xiumin said. "Don't worry we're not gonna test you or anything. We're just trying to help since you don't really know much about yourself."

"Oh.. thanks." You said as your eyes wondered around the room.

"You can feel free to come here anytime. It's mainly books related to our kind that are passed down from the previous generations so if you're interested you can grab one and read." Xiumin added.

"Regarding the people that attacked you a few days ago, they are just stray wolves that thought you were a threat since they never saw you around. As for those that showed up at your place... It would take sometime for us to find out.' Luhan said

"It's okay.. You all don't have to go through so much trouble. I can do it by myself." You replied.

"How are you going to?"

"It obviously has something to do with my kind, my father's background and stuff..." You said as you slowy recalled the things the guy said that day. "I'm not sure but maybe.. they are trying to us me to get to the rest of my family..."

"What makes you so sure?" Xiumin questioned.

"Just a gut feeling..."

---

You headed to school with the boys the next day and you received many stares from the girls around when they saw you alighting from Kris' car. Being the most good looking boys in school, they are always girls running behind them trying to get their attention. You headed to your locker to grab the necessary books for your class and a note fell out. 

'I know your real identity and I can provide you with the answers that you are dying to know. The real reason behind why your parents were killed and everything you want to know about your own family. Meet me at the coffee place just outside school at 5pm. I will be waiting. -H'

'Who is H? And how does he know about me.' You studied the note even more and looked through your locker to see if he left anything else but there was only the paper.

"What are you reading?" Kris said from behind. You were too engrossed into the note that you didn't even hear him coming over.

"Oh.. N.. Nothing." You replied, slotting the note into your book. "Let's head to class."

 

You weren't concentrating in class. Kris and Luhan had to call your name a few time before you could respond and you weren't taking down and notes. Similarly at lunch. You were in deep thoughts and didn't talk to the boys much. 

'Everything thing about me and my family? How does he even know?' You thought as you walked down the corridoor. You met up with the rest of the boys at the school foyer which caused quite a commotion, yet again. You checked the time on your watch, 4:30pm. Don't know why, you were feeling nervous about the mysterious H. 

"Hey guys, I"ll be going first." You said.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked.

"I'm.. I'm meeting a friend. Don't worry I'll be fine." You replied and waved goodbye to the boys.

 

You arrived at the coffee house 10 minutes before the stated time. You looked around and there wasn't anyone that seemed to be the H person. 'Maybe I'm early...' You ordered a drink and sat down at a corner seat by the window. You took out the note and keep looking at it, trying to see if there is any hidden message of some sort.

"Looks like you are quite egar to meet me." A male voice said. You looked up and saw a young man, most probably around your age or a little older, wearing a casual t-shirt and jeans with a snapback. His hair was like yours, golden blonde with his fringe just a little over his brows. 

"You must be Chaekyung right?" You nodded, wondering how he knew your name. "I'm Henry, nice to meet you."

 


Update! (: Hope you guys are enjoying so far. Will be starting work tomorrow so I might not update that often compared to before but I will try! ^^ If you guys don't know yet, I have another fanfic called Dreams Do Come True which is a romance centric fic on Kris and my other OC. You guys can check that out too! ^^ Thanks for the subscription and keep the comments coming!