Twelve.

Soulmate

Kris turned to his side and his hand stretched out to where you were lying in his bed. He wanted to feel your presence but instead, he felt the pillows that you placed in replace of yourself. He pushed himself up slightly, trying to see if you were lying near the edge but you weren't there. His room was in complete silence so he figured that you weren't in his room. He walked over to your room and opened the door quietly. The lights were off and just like his room, it was in complete silence. "Chaekyung?" He called, but there was no answer. The digital clock on your night stand showed 2am, and Kris found it strange that you weren't in your room at this time. He headed downstairs, thinking that you might be in the living room or kitchen.

"What are you looking for?" Chanyeol asked. The few of them were still watching TV in the living room when Kris went down. He ignored Chanyeol's question and walked to the kitchen, hoping to see you there but you weren't. He walked passed the living room and out to the garden but there was no one there.

"Have you guys seen Chaekyung?" Kris asked as he walked back to the living room.

"Isn't she with you?" Chanyeol replied.

"She was, but I can't seem to find her anywhere." Kris said.

"Maybe she's in the woods or something. It's full moon isn't it?" Baekhyun said. Kris hummed and sat down on the empty seat next to Yixing. He had a bad feeling about your absence but he hoped that it was all because of him thinking too much. Watching TV with the boys helped him to get distracted for a while until Kai came down from his room.

"I..I think you need to see this." Kai said, looking a little distraught from his usual cool and composed self. He handed over a piece of paper to Kris and he read it slowly.

 

'I figured someone would find this sooner or later since you can't find me anywhere in the house. Sorry for leaving without saying anything, but I don't want to get anyone of you in trouble anymore. You guys have done enough to protect me from Aska and the rest of the assassin pack and it's time I end this by myself. 

Maybe this is my fate afterall. Maybe I'm meant to be like my parents, maybe I shouldn't be even living for this long. I'm going to get Sehun out from there like I promised. At least that's the most I can do to repay what all of you did. I will try my best to stay alive but if I don't, know that I'm forever grateful to every one of you. 

And to Kris, please don't blame anyone because I decided to do this on my own. I know you'll come and find me even if I say no. If I don't make it back alive, remember that I'll always love you. They say when one's soulmate dies, they'll become the other's guardian angel right? So baby don't cry, I'll always be by your side even if you don't see me.

I guess this is goodbye.

-Chaekyung. '

Kris' hands were trembling as he read the letter. Everyone could see the change in expression on his face. It was a mixture of anger and distress and his eyes were watery. No one has seen him like this before. Xiumin snatched the letter from Kris and read it.

"Where did you find this?" Kris growled, staring straightly into Kai's eyes. His stare was so intense that it could actually kill someone.

"I.. In her room, on the dresser..." Kai replied

"What were you doing in her room?" 

"I wanted to apologise for what I've said earlier but no one was there so I went in and it was place on the dresser. I'm sorry... I didn't mean it and I didn't know she would actually go by herself..." Kai said.

Kris took a deep breathe trying to surpress his emotions. He knew the younger one didn't mean what he said earlier but he all that was going through his mind was you. He needed to make sure you were safe and most importantly, alive. Kris excused himself from the boys and went up to your room. He pulled open and took out the maroon box where you kept the crystal in. He opened the lid and there was nothing inside. He took the box and headed back down to the living room. Xiumin gathered the rest of the boys, thinking of a plan to get you and Sehun out of the area safely.

"She took it with her." Kris threw the empty box onto the table. He sunk himself onto the couch, throwing his head back and sighed.

"We need a plan." Suho said.

"Plan? What plan? By the time we're done with planning she'll be dead!" Kris exclaimed.

"Still, we can't just go there recklessly." Suho said. "I know you're worried about Chaekyung but in times like this, you need to stay focused. It'll make things worse if you keep acting like this." Kris sighed and nodded his head, trying to keep calm. 

"We'll split into three groups. Kyungsoo and Suho, the two of you will stay here. We'll keep you informed of the current situation and if it gets too serious, we will need you to contact Kai's father." Xiumin said. Kai's father was a high ranking officer in the police force and he had a group of men, or wolves to be exact, who specially handle cases pertaining to their own kind and it has to be done in secret because no one knows about the existance of their kind.

"Shouldn't we tell him about the current situation first since they technically have two hostages in hand?" Kai asked. 

"They'll act on it once they know about it and I don't want to make it a big commotion. Afterall, you all know what Aska is like. He'll kill whoever when he needs to." Xiumin said. Kris' expression became more serious when he heard what Xiumin said. "Kris, Luhan, Tao and Kai. The four of you will be in one group and the rest of us will be the other group. Basically, the five of us will be clearing the paths for the four of you and we will be keeping a look out from outside the dungeon. Kris, Luhan, Tao and Kai, the four of you will go in to locate where Sehun and Chaekyung are." Xiumin added. He pulled out a floor plan and placed it in the middle of the table. It was the floor plan of the assassin pack's dungeon and Xiumin briefed everyone on the route they should enter from. They needed to act fast because no one knew how long you left. The boys went to prepare themself while Kyungsoo and Suho set up the tracking device in the living room. The device would give the two of them a better idea of where everyone is, making sure all 9 of them are safe.

"I need you and the rest to watch out for Kris." Xiumin said as he pulled Luhan to a corner. "You know how crazy he can be especially when Chaekyung is in their hands."

"No worries. We will watch out for him." Luhan assured.

"Here, put theses on." Suho opened a box with 12 earrings placed in them. Those were the tracking devices that Suho made, making it easier to track the boys and not that suspicious looking.

"How come there's only 11?" Kai pointed out. Suho keyed in the serial number of the missing earring, hoping to track where it is.

"Could it be Chaekyung?" Chanyeol asked.

"But she never knew about the tracking device." Kris answered although he wished you were the one that was wearing it.

"I got it!" Suho exclaimed when the location showed up on the screen. "The current location is just a few hundred metres away from the assassin dungeon and it's moving."

"It has to be her." Kris said, slightly relieved that you were still alive. Suho keyed in the number of the other earrings, matching them to the person wearing it.

"Alright guys, take care. If you guys don't return by noon, I will call Kai's father for back up." Suho said.

---

'Let's hope this works.' You thought as you paced the tracking earring on. You found the box hidden in the library while you were looking up information related to Aska and the rest of the pack. You took one of them, hoping that someone would notice it and track where you were. Making sure that no one spotted you, you ran across the garden and into the forest, making your way to the assassin dungeon. You had the necklace hung around your neck, and it made your senses more alert, just like the previous time. You didn't know if it was just you but the forest felt creepier than anytime before.

You didn't know how long you took but you found yourself nearing their territory. The surroundings looked different from the rest of the forest. The trees had no leaves, just the bark and the branches and plants looked withered. It was basically an aura of death. You knew you were on the right track when you spotted the house through the fog. You could see the house clearer as you approached it. It was larger than you expected. The exterior was cement grey with a huge door in the middle. It had three floors, just like those typical dark mansion in fairy tales. 

Growls could be heard from the bushes and you could feel that you were being watched. Just as you were about to walk through the already opened gate, you saw two pairs of amber eyes staring right at you. The two wolf walked out of the dark slowly and circled around you. "I'm here to see Aska." You said. "He knows I'm coming." One of them stopped in front of you and growled, staring straight into your blue orbs. It turned around and walked, the other nudged you at the back, signalling you to follow the one in front. 

As though there was a censor, the huge metal door opened the moment you stood in front of it, slowly revealing it's interior to you. It was a long hallway, only lit with the wall torches. There were various door along the hallway. Some were opened and some closed. You could clearly hear noises coming from them but as you walk pass them, the noises died down and you were greeted with curious and unwelcoming stares from the people in the rooms. The wolf in front stopped and shifted into it's human form. "Wait here." He said as he walked up the staircase. 

"So you're the chosen one..." Someone said, making you turn around. There were two people staring at you, one male with shoulder length black hair and another male with red hair. They took a fews steps closer to you, examining you from head to toe. "She's quite a beauty..." You cringed at his words and looked away, avoiding eye contact with the two.

"You know, we could show you around the place if you don't mind." The other said with a smirk. "Aska is going to take forever anyways. He likes keeping people in suspense, especially pretty girls like you." You shifted your eyes back to the two, actually considering their offer. You wanted to free Sehun and you needed to know where they held him.

"That sounds like a great plan but..." You paused, wanting to see what reaction you will get from the two. You looked up the staircase, trying to see if the previous guy has returned.

"It won't take long. Besides, it's not like Aska don't know where you are." The one with the long hair said and placed his arm around your neck, leading you away from where you were standing. He brought you into this room where most of the people gathered. It was a huge room with many couches and tables and most of the people were doing their own things, having their own conversations until you came in. They could sense you because your smell was different and it was obvious when you're the only outsider among them.

"Hey guys looks who we have here." The red head guy yelled, getting everyone's attention in the room. "It's the half blood."

"Half blooded white wolf, to be exact." The long hair guy added. More heads turned towards you when they heard that. You were the one everyone was looking for. You heard a the dragging sound of the chair again the floor and saw a tall guy walk towards you. He was about Kris' height and with strong features. His short brown hair was neatly combed with his fringe slightly above his eyes. He stopped in front of you smiled, stretching out his hand towards you.

"I'm Zhoumi, Henry's closest friend." He said with his smile still on. 'He's too nice to be part of them...' You thought. You stretched your hand out and shook his hand, nodding slightly to acknowledge him. Your heart sank a little at the mention of Henry's name. "If the two of you don't mind, I can take her around on your behalf." Zhoumi said to the two.

"But-"

"I'll treat you guys dinner in exchange, how about that?" Zhoumi suggested. The two agreed after much hesitation and Zhoumi lead you out of the room. He lead you up another staircase and into a room. You stopped at the door and looked at him while he entered. He walked to the study table and trailed his hand along the table. "This was Henry's room." He said. "I thought you needed to know." You walked in to the room, slowly looking at it's surroundings. It was no different from any other boys' room. There were pictures of him with Zhoumi and his other friends, smiling so brightly in everyone of them. You felt heat rushing to your face and your eyes started becoming watery. 

"It's all my fault..." You said softly.

"It's not your fault." Zhoumi said as he walked over to you and put both his palm on your arms, trying to comfort you. "If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have died..." You looked up at the tall boy, his expression was different from the smiley guy you first saw just now. "We knew each other since high school and we were very close ever since. We were both lone wolves because our parents were not around since we were really young so we basically looked after each other. I pursuaded Henry to join the assassin pack because I thought we would lead a better life since there was shelter and food for us once we joined but who knew everything would turn out like that." He sighed. "Henry was a good kid, he never killed anyone. He didn't have the heart to." You could hear Zhoumi's voice breaking. You placed your hand on his shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

"You can't blame yourself for all these that happened. You wanted things to get better for the both of you." You said. "No one knew this would happen." Zhoumi took a deep breath in, calming himself from the overwhelm of emotions he had just now. "Urm... Are you the one that has been tipping off Henry?" You asked.

"I wasn't expecting that question, but yes." Zhoumi replied.

"But why?"

"Let's just say I had the obligation to keep you and him safe." You frowned, not understanding what he meant. "Now, let's get to business. I know what you are here for and I know where they kept Sehun." Zhoumi said.

"You do?!" You exclaimed.

"This is how it's gonna work. I'm going to help get you to the basement since there are people watching there but you only have this much time to get Sehun out. I don't know what state he is in so you've got to do your best." Zhoumi said. You were a little doubtful of Zhoumi's words since you only met him a few minutes ago, but since he offered, you decided to give it a shot.

You followed closely behind Zhoumi as he lead you down to the basement, it was a long was down and there were only wall torches lighting up the stone-cold stairway. Zhoumi signalled you to stop as you guys reach the last flight of stairs. "There are two guys on the watch tonight. You follow closely behind me. Once they are down, go straight to the second room on your right. Sehun's inside there."

"What about you?"

"I will need to go back up before anyone suspects anything." Zhoumi said. "Be careful on your own okay? Take this." Zhoumi said, handing you a pair of dagger.

"What's this?"

"The is liquid mercury in the blades. Once you press the knob on top of the handle, the liquid mercury will flow out from the blade." He said. You crooked your head to the side, trying to understand what he was trying to say.

"So you are saying..."

"Aska is allegic to mercury and the amount in one of these daggers is enough to kill him." Zhoumi added. With that said, Zhoumi went down and slowly opened the door to the basement. You hide behind the wall, peeking out from behind waiting for him to clear the way for you. He walked up to the two guys seated by the door and started chatting. He slowly placed his hands on both their neck area and pressed the spot, making the two of them fall unconcious onto the ground. Quickly, Zhoumi carried the two men to the side and tied them up. Zhoumi threw the keys to you and you took this as a signal to get to Sehun's room. "Remember, be quick." Zhoumi reminded you before leaving.

"Sehun!" You called as you opened the door. The boy was being tied up and his mouth gagged with a cloth. You quickly ran over and removed the cloth in his mouth, followed by untying his hands.

"How did you find me?" Sehun asked.

"Long story. Let's get you out of here first." You said. You moved on to untying the rope around his legs after. "Can you walk?" You asked, slowly holding him up.

"I'm good." Sehun answered while wiping the dust off him. "Let's get out of here."

Making sure there was no one around, the both of you quickly make your way out to the stairs. As you climbed up, you heard footsteps of people coming down. You threw a knife to Sehun since he didn't have any weapons with him. As quietly as you both could, you continued climbing up slowly. The footsteps were getting closer and both of you stopped at a turn, waiting for the other party to come by. 

"Are you sure?" You heard the other party said and you could hear them pretty clearly even though they were whispering. As they turned to the corner Sehun and you were hiding, you darted your hand out, pointing the knife at the person's throat but his hand grabbed yours just in time.

"Kris?" You said. You took a closer look and it was your boyfriend, along with Luhan, Tao and Kai at the back. Kris removed the knife from your hand and pulled you towards him, holding you tightly in his arms.

"You crazy girl. Don't ever do this again." He said. His grip was so tight that you could hardly breathe.

"I'm sorry. But I got Sehun out safely so I guess my work here is almost done." You said.

"Sehun ah, are you okay? They didn't do anything to you right?" Tao asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a few punches won't kill me yet." Sehun replied. Seeing that both you and Sehun are safe, they needed to get everyone out of the place. You made it out of the stairways and now, you all needed to get to the main door. The hallway was empty, too empty that it felt strange. It was dead silent, there weren't any noise coming from the rooms either.

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked as he saw you were in deep thoughts.

"Something's not right..." You said. 

"Let's just be careful. We need to get out of here quickly." Luhan said. He checked the surroundings for any suspicious people before heading out. "Clear." He said, signalling you all to move.

Luhan and Kris were leading the way infront while Tao and Kai covered the back. You took a right turn, leading you to another stairways that lead you up to the ground floor. Tao, Sehun and Kai were the first group to leave while the other three of you waited. They didn't want to move in a large group in case it alerted the people in the house unnecessarily. Seeing that it was clear, the three of you started moving forward. Out of no where, four people darted out from the sides, blocking the way. "We'll take care of this. You find a way out." Kris said to you. The two boys went up to the four and started fighting the four. You turned behind hoping to find another way out but three more people darted out, blocking your way. The guy in the middle nodded his head and the other two started walking towards you. In defence, you drew out a dagger you hid by your waist, holding it in your right arm. You tried to fight the two men as they approached you. You tried your best to fight them off but you ended up being pushed against the wall. You felt a sharp pain on your right shoulder where your previous wound was. Seeing that you were in pain, the two men took the chance and carried you off the ground, taking you to another place.

"Let me go!" You yelled and tried to struggle free but they were stronger than the other assassin wolves you fought with.

"Chaekyung!" He called as he heard you. He ran towards you, wanting to free you but he was attacked by the other men. You were practically dragged up three flight of stairs until you reach a long hallway which lead up to a concrete door. You heard the unclicking of the locks from inside and the door opened slowly. The two men, still holding on to you, brought you into the room. It was huge with a black italian chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. There was a royal blue throne chair just below a forest painting. While you were still examining the room, you were being pushed to the ground by the two men holding you, making you fall to your knees.

"You really like things the hard way." A voice said. A voice that you could recognise immediately. "You broke the rule." 

You pushed yourself up. Aska was circling around you slowly, and for some reason, you were scared that something might happen to the boys who came to get you out. "I thought I asked you to come alone?" He said. "But I see that you brought some friends. Wouldn't it be fun if your little friend joined us too?" He whispered by your ear, sending chills down your spine.

"I don't think we need extra company." You replied. "We can just finish this with the two of us."

Aska scoffed. "You think you call the shots here?" He placed a finger under your chin and lifted it up. "This is my place, you follow MY rules." As soon as he finished, you heard someone being brought into the room that you were in. There was a thud as he was being pushed onto the ground. 

"Kris!" You called and ran over to him. "Are you- AH!" Aska pulled you back before you could even reach Kris and you felt your wound ripping apart because of his strength.

"Now, we're not here to watch some melodrama between the two of you." Aska walked closer to you. He reached out his hand and trailed it along the necklace chain you had on. You flinched as his finger came into contact with you skin. He stopped right above your chest and pulled the part of the necklace you hid under your shirt, letting it fall infront of your chest. He smiled at the sight of the white crystal pendant. He stretched out both his hand to the back of your neck, slowly,  unhooking the necklace from you. Kris was fuming mad at how close he was to you and what Aska did after made made him lost it.

Aska held the white crystal necklace in his hand and smile victoriously. "Finally..." He said. He then shifted his back to you, using his finger to trace the outline of your jaw and leaned in closer, wanted to kiss you on the lips but you dodged it. Aska smirked. He leaned in again, attempting to plant another kiss on your neck but before he could, Kris ran over and threw a punch at him, making him fall a few steps backwards. Aska's men ran forward and held onto Kris.

"Don't you dare touch her again!" Kris yelled, his eyes turning amber. Aska scoffed and walked towards Kris and kicked him in the stomach. You ran to your injuried boyfriend and used your body to block him from Aska in case he attacked him again.

"You've gotten what you've wanted, can you let us go now... please?" You asked, looking Aska in the eye.

"Very well." Aska spoke. He placed the necklace on his neck and sat down on the royal blue throne chair. "Leave before I change my mind." You looked to Kris and back at Aska. Kris held on to your hand tightly and the both of you ran out of the room.

 

"Are you sure you're going to give that necklace to him?" Kris asked.

"At least he won't be finding trouble with us for the time being." You replied. "The necklace won't work on him. The white crystal only reacts to the white wolf's blood and besides, he doesn't have this." You raised your hand up, showing Kris the ring you had on your index finger.

"What's that?"

"It's a sapphire ring, my mom gave it to me when I was 18. It comes hand in hand with the necklace so without this, the necklace can't work on it's own." You said. "But like I've said, both of this won't work on anyone else except someone of the royal bloodline." Kris was a little amazed at the information that he heard but this meant that both of you needed to get out of the place even faster because if Aska realises it, it would be more difficult for you to leave the place. 

---

Aska relaxed himself and closed his eyes, hoping to feel the effect that the white crystal have on his body but there wasn't any. The held he crystal in his palm and examined it. It was just a white piece of rock, nothing similar to what he saw what it was on you. He called for Alfred, asking him to see if what you gave him was real.

"It's the real crystal, sir. However..." Alfred paused.

"However what?"

"There is another thing you need, the sapphire ring she has on her hand." Alfred said. "Both the necklace and the ring is needed and they only work when it is worn by someone of the royal bloodline."

"Why are you only telling me this now?!" Aska bellowed and slammed his hand angrily on the arm rest.

 

"Get me the girl, NOW!"


Hello everyone. Sorry i took over a month just to update this chapter... D: Please don't be mad at me and stop reading. I'll try to update faster since I'm quite free now, and not get distracted by every other thing whenever I go online... ;P I hope this chapter is exciting enough so far while I continue to keep in suspense of what is going to happen next. And yes, I've introduced Zhoumi, who is Henry's close friend in this chapter and he will, too, appear in the following few chapters as well. (:

Hope you all enjoyed it! Happy Chinese New Year to all my Chinese readers out there! Gong Xi Fa Cai~! ^^