CHAPTER 6: THE One

[ONE-SHOT] Operation: Fall In Love

SooYoung is walking in the mall when she bump into her boss, Siwon. She was surprised to see him because the last time they spoke, he is on his way to a business trip. With their busy schedules, they don't have time to talk anymore or even go out. 

"Hey, Sooyoung! Nice seeing you here." He smiled charmingly to her. She wanted to swoon but for some reason she felt like it's not right. Weird.

"Hello, Siwon. How's your business trip?" She asked with a smile. She really can't help but really look at her boss. He's so charming and handsome.

They are talking about work when..

"Sooyoung?" Someone called behind her. The voice is so familiar. 

"Kai." 

"It's been awhile." Kai said while staring at her face. She can see the longing in his eyes. She wanted to hug him but at the same time she don't want him to look for something she's not sure if she can give to him. With all the confusion and not being sure what she really feel anymore. The irony of ironies is that before she wanted to have someone who wants her but now she have the attention of not only one but...

"Yeah." She answered and noticed Siwon looking at them curiously.

"Oh," She feel embarrassed. "Uhm.. Kai, this is my boss, Siwon. Sir, this is my best friend, Kai." She awkwardly introduces the two.

The two men greeted each other politely with a shake hands. It feels like they're both measuring each other. Who's man enough for her. The suffocating tension between the two. She wanted badly to run but she can't even move her feet. Just standing there like a deer caught in the headlights.

And the unexpected happen.

"Well... well.. well.. What have we got here?" The annoying familiar voice from behind her said. 

She can't help herself but roll her eyes with the new arrival. The situation got more awkward with this person witnessing the pissing game between Siwon and Kai. Her heart starts to beat faster than normal when she look at the new arrival. She tried to be nonchalant especially in front of him. 

"Did I interrupt something here?" Kyuhyun asked while looking at Kai and Siwon glaring at each other. It's obvious that he can feel the tension. 

"Don't." She said to him. Giving him a stink-eye. Warning him not to do anything stupid or say something ridiculous.

What surprised her is Kyuhyun only didn't say something nonsense. Thank God for small graces. Tension gets more obvious having these three hot guys looking at each like they want to kill  one another. 

"Uhh.. Guys.." She honestly don 't know what to say to these three. It's like she's in the middle of a bad episode of Twilight  zone. Something she wanted to be anywhere but here at this moment. 

"SooYoungie.." Siwon and Kai said at the same time then glare again at each other.

That  made Kyuhyun cracked himself up. Then stopped when she gave him a "You 're dead if you don't stop" kind of look. KyuHyun stopped laughing but the way his eyes look at her seems like there's something naughty he got in mind.

Then heart starts beating faster than normal again. She feels like hyperventilating. 

Oh.My.God.

A revelation happens. 

It's been there. She's just so busy looking elsewhere but the one that she's been looking for has been there for her. For years. She keep on denying but it's there.  Without saying anything she walked out. Away from them. Trying to escape what she's feeling at the moment. She wanted to think. Wanted to really make sure that she's not just confusing herself. 

Or she just needs to accept it to herself that her heart has chosen who to fall in love. Hopelessly in love. She needed to go to a place where she can think of what to do about her heart revelations. And she knows where. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at the sunset in front of her, helps her realized that there are some things that you can't control or predict. Like falling in love to someone she didn't dream of falling in love to. Or she just didn't realized that she's already falling in love with him. She took a deep breath. She needs to be strong. She don't know what to do or how to act in front of him. Can she still act like nothing happens? Or that nothing changes? Especially, what she really feels for him. 

"What I'm going to do now?" She asked herself.

Things are going to be more awkward now. She knows that she can't look straight at him anymore. Her feelings for him clouded everything. She turn around and was surprised who she sees standing in front of her. Looking at him, she noticed that he's not wearing his usual mischievous smile and naughty eyes. He looks like he's trying to look casual but she can read him like a book now. Behind the indifference he's trying to show to her, is uncertainty and nervousness. 

"What are you doing here? How did you know that I'm here?" She asked with obvious panic on her voice.

"Uhm..." He looks like he don't know what to answer. "I.. I asked your friends." He answered. 

It's the first time to see him not being his usual confident self.

"Huh? YoonA? Hyoyeon?" 

He simply nodded as an answer. She sigh. What are her friends thinking? Letting him know where she is. 

"What do you want?"

He just stared at her. She don't know if she's imagining it but she can see the longing in his eyes. He took a deep breath then closed his eyes. Like trying to get courage.

"You."

"What about me?"

He smiled then answered. "You asked me, what do I want? And my answer is you."

"D-Don't." She don't want to believe what's happening and what's she's hearing. 

"I... I love you, Soo." He said with full of emotion. He's baring his soul in front of her. Wearing his heart on his sleeves. "Since the time you kick my shin back in third grade."

She chuckled on the memory. "It's because you pulled my hair, you jerk."

"I like getting your attention then. But now, I want to have your love. Just like you got mine."

"W-Why? I mean, you're always so annoying. Getting on my nerves in every chance you get." 

"I know. It may looks childish but that's the only way I can talk to you or have a reason to be near you. You see.. When it comes to you I'm tongue-tied. Don't really know how to talk to you." He said with a reddened face. He really looks embarrassed.

"Oh.." Now, she's the one who's tongue-tied. She just stared at him. Can't really believe that he's standing in front of her. Pouring his heart out. 

"So... Can you give my heart a chance to be love by you? Please."

Without saying anything, she grabbed his face with both of her hands and kissed him. She told him what she feels for him through that kiss. All the feelings she have for him, she poured it to him.

"I love you too, my Kyu." Then she hugged him. And he hugged her back.

Mission accomplished!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this short fanfic. I know, it has taken me forever to finished this but finally it's done! I hope you liked this story. I know some of you has expected their own bias or otp in the finale of this story. But I hope you still liked the ending. Hope to see you on my last Soshi fanfic. It's Hyo's time! Please do look forward to it! Thanks in advance!