CHAPTER 4: My Best Guy FRIEND and Me

[ONE-SHOT] Operation: Fall In Love

"What's with the face, Soo?" A very familiar voice from behind her. 

She don't need to look who it is because with only his voice and scent she knows who it is.  The thought made her smile.

"Nothing." She simply answered to Kai, her best guy friend since diaper days who is now standing in front of him. Before she even met YoonA and HyoYeon in their elementary days. He just lives beside their house and their parents are also close friends with each other.

"Is that nothing?" He curiously asked lifting her chin that made her eyes meet his. 

She took a deep breath and look at her friend. Deep inside she knows that without saying anything, Kai already knows what's running in her mind.

His smile suddenly faltered. Frustration showing on his face then after a split second, his face become blank.

"What's wrong on not being in a relationship? Having a romantic relationship should not be forced. It should be nurtured in it's natural way." He said with a serious tone.

"What's wrong on looking for someone who will love me?" She asked back with the same tone of voice.

"You're doing it the wrong way."

"No, I didn't! And you don't know what I'm feeling! I get lonely at times when I don't have someone." 

Kai just look at her. Then he got this frustrated expression combined with helplessness.

"I do." He simply said. "You don't have any idea?" Then he starts to walk away from her.

Why does it feels like she did something wrong? 

Kai turn back to her and said, "YOU don't know what I feel, Soo. After all these years, I'm just this best guy friend for you. Nothing more, nothing less." He took a deep breath. Like trying to be calm. Too calm. Dread comes to her senses. 

Then he said, "One thing I wanted you to know. You're never alone. You had me. Goodbye, Soo."

Then he really walks away from her. For real. 

 

Looking at his back from her, she feels like she just lose her only one guy best friend. For good.

She felt so drained. Emotionally drained. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"You really don't have ANY idea what Kai feels for you is not platonic, right?" YoonA commented after she told her and HyoYeon what happened to her and Kai this afternoon. 

She nodded.

"He's been in love with you since forever and you're too blind to see it." HyoYeon said with sympathy in her eyes.

"I... I really don't know." She felt more confused knowing about it. "And he always have a girlfriend or even dating someone. How can I know what he feels about me?"

"How can he tell you about what he feels if you always tell him about the guys you met and dated?" HyoYeon asked. "He doesn't even have to tell us about it. It's freaking obvious by the way he looks and worship the ground you walk on."

"What should I do? I don't want to lose my only guy best friend." 

"I really don't have any idea, Soo." YoonA said.

"Maybe.. It's better to let him be, at least for now. And also think more about your plans on finding your Mr. Right." HyoYeon suggested.

"Hyo is right. I think you're overdoing it already." YoonA added.

 

That made her stop and think.

About her life.

About her trying to find her Mr. Right.

Are her friends right about her overdoing it?

Now, that made her more confused.