iv

Ambivalence

“We all want to break our orbits, float like a satellite gone wild in space, run the risk of disintegration. We all want to take our lives in our own hands and hurl them out among the stars.” 

 


The police called, they said my dad broke out of jail.
I somehow see this day coming, but it's just too soon.
When he finds out that I'm not at home anymore, he'll most probably freak out.
After receiving the call, my legs weakened. 
I was afraid.
Afraid that he might come hunt for me.
What will happen if he does find me?
I was too scared to even think that far, but I know my dad. He won't let go of this so easily.
I bet the police are currently searching for him, but my dad is good at running away. He won't get caught that fast.
 
My first class was Chemistry. I sat beside Namjoon since he's the only one I know in class. I didn't really make any friends besides the boys and Yuwon. Cause they're already enough for me, I don't wanna risk anything. Moving to Seoul is already the biggest risk I took.
He nudged me as I was swimming in my own thoughts, "Hey you okay?"
I nodded, "I'm good."
"I actually wanted to talk to you about what happened the other day"
You glanced at him, "Oh, what about it?"
He furrowed his eyebrows, " I'm still thinking, how do I explain this." and then he continued " Erm, you see me and Yuwon broke up 2 weeks ago. And I know it's all because of my stupid attitude. But I just want to let you know that I'm not one of those bad guys out there that just want girls for their body or whatever”
I scratched the back of my neck and nodded, "Yeah I know. You have your own reasons, so I understand, don't worry." I patted his shoulders.
He laughed softly, "Thanks Seyeon-ah"
"But, don't you want her back?" you asked carefully.
He looked at me and sighed, " I don't know, she probably doesn't want me anymore"
"You should ask her. I mean, if you still like her, you shouldn't let go of her."
He nodded, "You're right, maybe I'll talk to her.Thanks again"

The both of us smiled and carry on with our work.

 


 
After class, I was planning to stop by at the science lab to hand in my assignment before meeting up with the boys . I also remembered that Taehyung might be in there since he has science class before break.
As I was about to enter the lab, I heard someome talking on the phone. 
"Dad I said I don't want to! How many times must I even tell you I'm never going to leave this place! You can't control my life  forgod sake!" 
I can hear chairs being kicked and the loud noises of several things being thrown on the floor. The guy stopped yelling and everything went silent.
I opened the door to see a guy sitting on the floor hugging his knees. 
 
 
And that guy was no other than my friend, Kim Taehyung.
 
I knocked on the door although it’s already open. He looked up, smiled and quickly got up. “Oh hey, hold on I’ll go get my things.” He was about to turn away but I held his wrist and made him look at me. “Stop”
He froze, “What are you talking about?” 
“Stop acting as if you’re so happy with everything.” I stared into his eyes.
They were not as bright as before, his gaze was somehow dull and tired...
 
He sighed, “I’ll go get my things in class. Catch up with you later.” 
He lightly shrugged my hand away and walked out.
 

Not edited; excuse my mistakes heh

Author's Note :

So sorry :( I didn't update for like 4 weeks? Well, I can't really say I was busy but yeah alot of stuff happened. But anyway I hope you guys like this chapter? Probably the shortest chapter ever lmao. I promise the next chapter is gonna be wayyyyyy longer. I'll update when I can okay :)