Part V: The News

Persephone's Granddaughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

{Underworld, Time Unknown}

“Y-You’re leaving?”

Hades turns around to see Persephone, who is biting her lip nervously.  

“Just to the entrance, where the four rivers bend.  There seems to a dispute of the souls coming in and I need to sort it out.”  He nods and clasps the cloak tighter around his pale throat. 

Her eyes brighten when she learns of his departure, but then dims when he said he is not going far. 

The goddess is confused; her heart still yearns to be with her mother, but her growing attachments to the underground palace have also stolen a spot as well.  She got used to the dark halls and silent atmospheres of her surroundings.  She is no longer scared of Cerberus and the dog proves to be a wonderful companion in the long afternoons.  Charon is always delighted to see her waiting at the docks, as he is more than happy to fill her hungry mind with more heroic stories of the past. 

As for the dark god himself, Persephone’s heart is in turmoil. 

Her feelings towards Hades has also changed; she no longer feels repulsed or scared of the god, but rather an increasing affection to his kind and gentle personality.  Needless to say, she has begun to fall in love with Hades, whether she is aware of this or not.

Hades notices the dimming light in her green eyes, and he fights the guilty stab to his heart.  From the moment he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter