Part III: Cerberus

Persephone's Granddaughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

{Underworld, Time Unknown}

He leads her down a winding passageway, stopping only once they are at the entrance arc.  Persephone’s eyes grow wide.  

Giant towering pillars run parallel against the walls to support the main frames, engravings skillfully carved onto its sides.  A gleaming statue of a snarling creature faces her right, its fangs appearing sharp as knives under the torch lights.  Every little speck of the place feels like it's been bathed in a shower of gold, most particularly the double doors that are twenty times bigger than the size of her old cottage. 

Whoever, or whatever is beyond these doors, is very big, she gulps with a nervous shudder. 

Her eyes then notice the claw scratches on the bark.  And very dangerous, she adds.

Hades swings the contraption open, and Persephone lets out a horrified gasp. 

Looming 20 feet above her is a great black dog.  It has three adjoined heads, all connecting to one neckline, and its body curled up on the floor, fast asleep. 

“Cerberus.”  

He wakes the beast up with a soft call, and one of the heads rouses up drowsily.  Then it springs wide awake and barks at the sight of his beloved master.  Hades pats his head fondly, then gestures to the goddess, “Lady Persephone, please come in.”

Three pairs of sleepy red eyes watch the trembling maiden as she comes forth, her exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter