Changes

Shadow

How you change is up to you.

 

 

Kyuhyun was at the shooting location for ‘Mamma Mia’. He was on his break and suddenly a message beep in.

 

It was from Sungmin hyung.

 

‘Kyu, you’re at KBS building right? I’m nearby. Thinking of visiting you and Yeongja noona, can I?’

 

“Stupid hyung, why are asking for permission for?” he chuckled away but typed the reply to Sungmin almost immediately.

 

So, few minutes later, with a mask on, Sungmin went to where Kyuhyun is recording for his show for the day. He went there with his casual clothing, no longer care about being a fashion terrorist anymore. Eunhyuk has helped him a lot anyway. He waited until Kyuhyun was finish. Seeing Kyuhyun being himself in throwing witty comments really makes him smile. After the shooting was over, he walked towards the maknae but was stopped by one of the production team worker.

 

“Hey, you cannot be here.” He said, almost sounding irritating.

 

“No, I’m…”

 

“You are not in the production team right? Leave now!” the man ordered rudely and slightly pushed Sungmin away.

 

“No, you have to understand. I’m here to see Kyuhyun.” Sungmin tried to explain.

 

“Well, guess again. This is not a fan meeting. So, scam away!” he pushed Sungmin again and before Sungmin fall backward, losing his balance, a hand catch him.

 

It was Lee Yeongja, whom was nearby at that time.

 

“What’s going on here?” she asked.

 

“Ah, Yeongja-ssi, this man…” his lips instantly shut upon realized who is the said person he just push.

 

“Sungmin?” Yeongja called and both were shocked when Sungmin take off the mask he was wearing.

 

“Err…hi noona.” Sungmin greeted awkwardly.

 

“What has you almost did to this idol?!” Yeongja scold the man instantly.

 

“Sorry! Sorry! I’m very sorry! I didn’t know it was him. I’m sorry!” the man apologized and bowed many times for his stupid mistake.

 

“Ah, no. It’s okay. You’re just doing your job, I know.” Sungmin said, stopping him from keep on bowing.

 

“You got lucky Sungmin is kind. Leave now.” Yeongja ordered, resist herself from getting angrier.

 

The man bowed again and apologized once before he hurriedly left in shame.

 

“Sorry about him, Sungmin.”

 

“No, noona. It’s okay. It’s my fault for suddenly appear without notice, anyway.” Sungmin replied, comforting the woman.

 

“Sungmin hyung!” Kyuhyun called while running towards them.

 

“What happened?” Kyuhyun asked, seeing Yeongja frowning hard when he arrived at them.

 

“A boy mistaken Sungmin for nobody and almost chased him out.” Yeongja explained.

 

“What?!”

 

“Noona!” Sungmin didn’t have the chance to stop it all.

 

“What? It is the truth. He even pushed you. You got lucky I was near just now.”

 

“He pushed you?!” Kyuhyun turned to look at Sungmin, red in anger.

 

“Enough! Calm down!” Sungmin ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair to stop him from getting angrier and of course, Kyuhyun didn’t like it at all.

 

Both Yeongja and Kyuhyun stare at him irritated by his kind personality. Sungmin let go a deep sigh.

 

“I’m okay.” He assure them, “Thank you for your help noona. But, I’m perfectly fine. It’s not the first time I’ve been in the same situation.”

 

Not the first time.

 

Kyuhun’s heart clenched to hear those words from Sungmin and yet the said person seems so calm with it.

 

“Now, stop frowning already. Both of you.” He demanded, “I brought some food for you.”

 

“Food?!” Yeongja’s face instantly brightened hearing the word.

 

They then, took a seat with other casting and started eating. Kyuhyun was still dissatisfied with the fact that Sungmin is so, no, too calm to even be angry at anyone, not even the one whom hurt him. He knew that Sungmin is just being himself which is mean, a kind and generous man. But, sometimes, being too kind to the extend hurting himself is not healthy at all.

 

Still, he has to accept the fact that Sungmin will never change and it would be a lie to say that he isn’t glad that Sungmin is like that. He just hopes that Sungmin knew just how much his existence means to him.

 

~~

 

“Sungmin.” Sungmin jerked by the call and turn to see Yesung standing in front of him.

 

“Hey, hyung.” Sungmin greeted back.

 

That day was one of the days where Sungmin went to WHYStyle to search for new sunglasses with a hidden agenda of getting away from the loneliness that he got. The other members were busy with their schedule, so, Yesung who was supposed to be doing ‘army training’ is the only person available for him to have a talk with.

 

“Didn’t have any schedule?” Yesung sat next to him.

 

“Nah, just finish one. My schedule is only musical, remember?” Sungmin answered.

 

Yesung stare at the latter long before he continues talking.

 

“Don’t use that kind of talk with me, Lee Sungmin. ” he strengthen, “We both know you are more than just a musical actor.” Sungmin remarked.

 

“Aren’t I just average for everything?” He said softly, but still heard by Yesung’s ear.

 

Yesung sighed dejectedly, understand that the boy doesn’t want to dig further into the matter. He silenced himself while looking at the younger, scanning him from head to toe. Yesung realized that Sungmin has been looking thinner than the last time he saw him. His face’s radiance has slowly lessened by the pass days. Knowing the latter so long, Yesung knew Sungmin was in deep thought about his existence, again.

 

“Calm down.” Yesung ruffled Sungmin’s hair, make a mess out of it.

 

“Wanna come down with me to Mouse Rabbit?” Yesung stand up, “Let’s create a new drink together.” He invited smiling towards the latter.

 

Sungmin smiled back, “Yes.” And he also stands up from his seat to follow Yesung.

 

In the end, both of them went together to Mouse rabbit without even exchanging any words to each other. A comfortable silence with Yesung is what Sungmin always look for whenever he felt troubled. He admitted that he did say that he and Yesung were awkward with each other on TV. But, the silent that they share is special than with the other members. Furthermore, Yesung understand some of his loneliness even if he didn’t say anything.

 

After spending the time with Yesung, Sungmin went back with a smile and Yesung is at least glad to see it though he knows Sungmin fake it. He continues watching the younger’s back until it disappear from his sight. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

 

“Hello.” The other side answered.

 

“Hey, can we meet? We need to talk about something.” Yesung informed.

 

“About what?”

 

“Your favorite dongsaeng.” And that word is all it took to make the other person understand.

 

They make an appointment and plan a suitable time to meet with each other. Meanwhile, Sungmin whom was supposed to go home, make a detour in his trip as he went to the Kona Beans instead. He was greeted by his ‘moms’ and few fans there. After entertaining and signing few autographs for the fans, he went ahead to change and help at the counter. Just after a few minutes he was helping, Kyuhyun appeared with a tired face.

 

The fans created uproar when he arrived. He had to force a smile and tried his best to entertain the fans. Sungmin chuckled softly seeing the flustered look on Kyuhyun’s face and just let him alone without helping the poor boy. (He’s haaving fun seeing Kyuhyun with so many fans). It’s a proof that Kyuhyun is a world star after all.

 

He was at the kitchen, making a special drink that he just experimented when that certain maknae step in.

 

“Why did they must suddenly attacked me like that?” he whined, slumped his body on a nearby chair.

 

“Well, you’re popular right? Here, drink this.” Sungmin put a glass of ice cocoa with extra cream just how Kyuhyun like it.

 

“Yay…Chocolate…” the lad immediately brightened and started sipping the drink cheerfully.

 

“You really are the best, hyung.” Kyuhyun complimented, sighing contently.

 

“Where did you come from?”

 

“A recording.” Kyuhyun sip the drink again, “It’s so tired and yet, I couldn’t even complain to anyone.”

 

“Don’t worry. It is worth it, right?” Sungmin smiled to assure him and he smiles back, totally feeling secure and trust in Sungmin.

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” He agreed.

 

“Just rest and finish the drink.” Sungmin washed the remaining dishes in the sink and rinse it on the rack.

 

Kyuhyun just reply him with a hum.

 

“And yes, mom told me to bring back some side dishes for the dorm. Remind me later.” Sungmin informed as he tightened the apron on his waist.

 

“Mom? Your mom or my mom?” Kyuhyun teased while smirking.

 

“Both.” Sungmin answered short and went outside, ignoring the maknae’s tease.

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t hold his giggle with Sungmin’s reaction. He just loves to see a blushed Sungmin and teasing is one of his hobbies anyway. He ended up lodging around the café instead of helping until it’s time for Sungmin to finish and they went home together. They had a long talk as he told the older about his new recording and what happened to him for the day. Sungmin listen to every one of it and gladly to give response from time to time. And that is one of the reasons why Kyuhyun loves him so much.

 

 

 

 

~~I've almost out of idea on how to end this now...huhu..inspiration, please come to me!!!~~