Interview Part 2

Shadow

 

CHAPTER 4 – INTERVIEW PART 2

 

Continue from the previous.

 

Kyuhyun has to force himself to continue with their dinner with no more questions after that. Sungmin reasoned out that the questions make him hungry and because he is on diet, he doesn’t want to eat much.

 

“Some fans write that I have become a lot chubby this year. Some sort of like Shindong.” Sungmin said, sulking every time he remembers that.

 

“So, what? You are cute that way.” A hard smack arrives on his head as soon as he finishes saying that.

 

“Ouch, hyung!”

 

“I. Am. Not. CUTE!” Sungmin glares at him but his face shown is so cute instead of angry one.

 

Kyuhyun laughs and he got another smack at the same place.

 

“Okay, okay! You’re not cute!” Kyuhyun surrenders right away, rubbing the pain on his head.

 

Sungmin scoffed, “Just eat your dinner.” He orders.

 

“But, I still have questions.”

 

“After the dinner, Kyu.”

 

“But I…”

 

“After, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun gulps his saliva bitterly hearing the tone used in Sungmin’s voice.

 

He nods obediently and continues eating. Everyone knows that messing with Sungmin’s seriousness will affect to something bad, because Sungmin is a lot dangerous than how he looks like. And being Kyuhyun, he really didn’t want to be Sungmin’s victim. He turns off the camera and obeys Sungmin’s order to not ask any more questions for the interview, only for that moment. Sungmin smiles inwardly, seeing the nervous look on Kyuhyun’s face. He just intends to scare the boy a little, that’s all. He will never have the heart to be serious to anyone special for him, especially Kyuhyun.

 

~~

 

After the dinner, they settle down at the living room. While Kyuhyun gets ready with his camera, Sungmin prepares some dessert that was bought by him. Kyuhyun can just smile when Sungmin said, a dessert is a must after dinner. He knew, Sungmin is just using that excuse to eat.

 

So much with dieting. Kyuhyun said inside his mind.

 

“How about we use this concept for the last question.” Kyuhyun suddenly suggest.

 

Sungmin’s head tilted in a cute way confuse and wondering what is Kyuhyun going to say next.

 

“Say one word that you think perfectly represents the members.” Kyuhyun suggested, “And reasons if necessary.” He added more.

 

Sungmin thought for a while, and then he nodded “Okay.”

 

“Let’s start from the eldest.” Sungmin nodded again.

 

“Leeteuk-hyung?”

 

“Hm…Possessive person.”

 

“Eh? What do you mean by that?” Kyuhyun was confused.

 

“You know, if you squint deep into Leeteuk hyung’s action, you can see clearly that he is super possessive in protecting what he has.”

 

“Example?”

 

Sungmin stays silent. He is thinking and arranging the right words to clearly describe Leeteuk to make the maknae understand what he means by ‘possessive’. Then, he remembered, there’s one thing that Leeteuk is really fond of which is…the group.

 

“You know that Leeteuk hyung loves the group and us the members so much, right?” Kyuhyun nods, “He has also been protecting us ever since, right?” Kyuhyun nods again, “And that is the perfect example to it.” He ends his explanation.

 

“Hah? I don’t understand.” Of course Kyuhyun would not understand, who could anyway.

 

Sungmin sighs, “Leeteuk hyung has been so overprotective of us so much since the first day we were told that we’re going to debut together. Everyone condemn us when we were first debut by saying that the group will never last or succeed with so many people. Who would have thought that different people and mind like us will be united in one group and become what we are now. But, he proves to the other people that they are wrong. Slowly, secretly, he helps us, create a path for us to become successful. He didn’t force us to be someone else except that he supports us all the way. It’s true that there are obstacles and challenges that happened and we can’t just stop it but, at the same time, Leeteuk hyung never abandons us. He may be greedy for variety shows, still we all know that he just want to make people see what Super Junior is capable of. He is your role model too, right Kyuhyun?”

 

Kyuhyun’s lips slowly form a smile after that long explanation. He couldn’t do anything but agrees because everything that Sungmin said is the truth.

 

“Yes, he is.” He said.

 

“But, I have to say that I admit at the greedy part more than possessive.” Sungmin just laughs hearing that comment.

 

“Whatever you say maknae. I’m just saying my opinion.”

 

A true and sincere opinion, that is you, Sungmin. Kyuhyun adds to Sungmin’s sentence inside.

 

“Okay…since the name has come out. What about Hangkyung-hyung?”

 

“I did tell you before that Hangkyung hyung is hardworking right?” Kyuhyun nods.

 

“But for me, a legend is the perfect word to describe him.”

 

“Legend? Hyung, you do know that Hangkyung hyung is still alive right?”

 

“Idiot, I’m not saying that he’s dead.”

 

“Isn’t legend is used for something or someone that is already dead?”

 

“I thought that you are the genius one here.”Sungmin mocks.

 

“What? I am genius.”

 

“Legend doesn’t necessarily mean that you are dead, Kyuhyun. The reason why I said that is because Hangkyung hyung plays a big part in the existence of Super Junior.”Kyuhyun stares as he starts to explain again.

 

“He has left the group, that is a fact but his existence is still remain inside our heart. He is still the same Hangkyung hyung that we know before debut, after debut and even after the separation. Even the fans never forget about him and always support us as the 13 members. Still being remembered and talk about. I think that is what legend is all about. Don’t you agree with me?” Sungmin ends up with a question to the maknae.

 

“Yes, may be.”

 

“Furthermore, he didn’t ask to be separated like that. None of us wish for that to happen. He is still remaining inside our heart because he has been working really hard to show everyone that he is talented. Working hard, I think that is a true legend criteria that even anyone will agree on. That’s why it is perfect for Hangkyung hyung.” Sungmin proudly exclaimed.

 

Kyuhyun smiles back at him.

 

“You really love him, so much.”And his words make Sungmin smiles too.

 

Kyuhyun focuses back on the question.

 

“How about Heechul-hyung? For me, it’s diva.” Kyuhyun said his opinion.

 

“No, no.” Sungmin shook his head few times, “You made a wrong impression of Heechul hyung.” Sungmin denied.

 

Kyuhyun frowned, “Then what?”

 

“Water.”

 

“Water? What’s that supposed to mean?” Kyuhyun asks confusedly.

 

“Water is a very delicate thing that we need in our life and it can take many forms in whatever kind of situation. It will changes shape based on what kind of containers we used. Heechul hyung is so unpredictable, and so is with water. We can never predict something out of water cause, sometimes it can be so dangerous but also, some other times, it can be used to be the weapon or a savior to us. For me, Heechul hyung is like that.” Kyuhyun just puts his ears, continue listening.

 

“After so long knowing Heechul hyung, I realized that he was more than just many things. He is a friend, a great hyung, an enemy, an idol and many more. Still, what no one ever know, Heechul hyung is just a human, a man that can adapt himself in so many things. A man who has so many hidden talents and a very good friend to others.That’s why I admire him so much.”

 

“Because of your admiration, you become Heenim favorite dongsaeng right?”

 

Sungmin laughs, “I didn’t say that but you did, you know.” He admits to that.

 

Kyuhyun chuckles together with him, “Ok, next.” He turns to look at the name on the list, “Yesung hyung a.k.a Kim Jongwoon. Super Junior main vocal, what do you think about him?”

 

“Yesung hyung is…” Sungmin thinks again, he smiles suspiciously, “You who came from the star.” He giggles by his own answer.

 

Kyuhyun frown again, “Isn’t that the drama title?” Sungmin nods, still smiling.

 

“Alien?”

 

“Ding dong daeng! You got that right!” Sungmin cheerfully congratulate him, and clapped like a little boy.

 

Kyuhyun was shock for a moment before he let out a big laugh when he thinks it again.

 

“Hahaha! Seriously, hyung? Alien?” Sungmin nods, laughing with him too.

 

“Hahahaha…you really are funny hyung! How did these conversation turns into a weird one suddenly. And though I admit that Yesung hyung is weird, I never thought that you would use alien to describe him.” Kyuhyun holds his stomach, still feels amused by Sungmin’s sudden and weird description.

 

Sungmin smiles, happy that Kyuhyun is laughing but he explain the reason why next, “We have all agree that Yesung hyung is strange and really is full of mystery.” He starts and Kyuhyun pays more attention to listen.

 

“He is an alien in his own and good way. His baby-face that never aged. His soothing voice while singing ballad that could touch any heart. His strange habits of keeping strange pets and in everything that he did, I’m sure you will agree that he is strange.” Kyuhyun nods to every one of it.

 

“And yet, not all those strange things that he did stop him from being himself.”Sungmin sincerely said, “I respects Yesung hyung so much. Despite the critics and people’s talk about his behavior, he never stops being himself.  He is the first to think of opening a shop in our group. He is the first to make the challenge to discover new things on his own. He is the first person to help us whenever we have problems and he is also the first person to notice any sadness from all. He is indeed an alien that is forward thinking and creative but caring too. A good hyung. He being himself makes him strange yet special simultaneously.” Sungmin proudly said.

 

Kyuhyun laughs by the last statement.

 

“Okay, even though I don’t want to admit it, but I seriously think it is true about Yesung-hyung. I think that it is the best to describe him anyway.”

 

“Good. I know you will understand it.” Sungmin nods his head approvingly.

“Next is…” Sungmin waits patiently for him to continues, “Kangin hyung?”

 

Sungmin’s face changes a bit when he hears the name. He smiles sadly. Kyuhyun looks at him and just wait for him to say the word to describe Kangin as Sungmin seems so affected by him.

 

“For me…Kangin-hyung is a lonely wolf.”

 

Another frown appears again on Kyuhyun’s face.

 

“I understand when you mean wolf because he is scary and very unpredictable, but I don’t understand why it must be lonely?” Kyuhyun stated his confusion.

 

“Because he is lonely, Kyuhyun. I don’t know if anyone ever realizes anything about him strange, but for me, that is what I saw in him. Especially since the incident that create an uproar to us. He has changed, but for the better. He becomes more mature, more understanding, and maybe even closer than before.”

 

“Is this because he is very awkward with you?”

 

“Hm…maybe. But, seriously, I never really notice anything weird with our relationship. True, we are awkward with each other. And yet, aren’t I awkward with everybody? It doesn’t even make any sense. The other people said that me and Kangin hyung were so much different, and will never be close. Well, of course we’re different because he is the opposite of me. So, what’s the problem with it? I still don’t get it with people perception about my relationship with him.”

 

“But, you are not awkward with him anymore, right?”

 

“No, I guess. People changes right? and seeing the mature Kangin-hyung that I know now, everything is just perfect. He sometimes, surprises me.”

 

“In what?” Kyuhyun ask, too fast to his liking.

 

“For example…there’s once I had a drink with him and told him my problem unconsciously. After that, we never talk about it again. But, soon after that, he comes to me and ask is my problem fixed or not. I was really touched. For the first time ever, that was the first where I starts consult my problems with him and somehow, I am satisfied with it.”

 

Kyuhyun unconsciously sighs after the explanation. A part of him is glad that Sungmin and Kangin’s relationship is getting better but a part of him also couldn’t help by feeling a bit jealous with it.

 

“So, he’s a wolf because he’s big, scary and unpredictable ‘animal’ that will be able to kill anyone that he wish but at the same time, he’s lonely because of the past and has mature to become more handsome, is that what you’re saying?” Sungmin agrees with a smile on his face.

 

“You really are my best maknae, after all.” He pats Kyuhyun’s head making the cutest face ever to the maknae.

 

Kyuhyun blushes a bit by that sudden acts, totally forgotten the jealousy he had just now.

 

“Okay, next.” He avoids from looking at Sungmin’s eyes to hide the shyness, “Shindong-hyung?”

 

“Brave.” Sungmin answers instantly.

 

“Brave? Why?”

 

Sungmin smiles, “Hey Kyu, tell me your opinion. When you see Shindong, what was your impression?”

 

“My opinion?” Sungmin nods.

 

Kyuhyun stops to think, “For me, Shindong-hyung is…a multi entertainer.” He said his truthful opinion.

 

“Shindong-hyung always has something to show us and full of ideas. He helps the team choreography also. I admire his talent and I am also thankful to him for giving me the chance to become one in the dance line. If not because of him, maybe I am just remains as Suju’s vocal. Furthermore, it is a fact that he is a special idol, right?” Kyuhyun explains more.

 

Sungmin nods, and continues smiling, “You’re right. But, did it ever cross your mind why and how Shindong become a multi-entertainer idol?” Kyuhyun shakes his head.

 

“Shindong makes a ‘bang’ in the celebrity world in his first day of his debut. Everyone keeps talking about him behind his back because of his appearance. He’s fat, didn’t even sing and wasn’t so funny at all when he debut and yet, he stays strong. To debut in a world where handsome face is a major factor, he really is brave to have the courage to do so. Many people said bad things about him, but he keeps strong and become what he is now.” Kyuhyun inwardly agrees with everything that Sungmin said which is really so convincing.

 

“Don’t you realize, Kyu? Shindong is the first idol that debut with a fat body and become successful using his own talent. He became the inspiration to other people by proving that everyone has the chance to be success. He is a good example to the quote, ‘never judge a book by its cover’.” Sungmin finishes his explanation cleanly.

 

Kyuhyun smiles proudly with that.

 

“That is also why you and him are so compatible to be call as best friend.”

 

“Eh, why?”

 

“You see him not just from the outside but everything inside and out. It proves that you are a true best friend.” Kyuhyun compliments.

 

Sungmin chuckles with that statement, “I’m gladly accepted that compliment then.” They smiles at each other.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Finally!! “ヽ(´▽`)ノ”I am able to update this! It’s really been so long…and there’s still a lot to finish. The members are just half of the way…Anyway, I would like to give thanks to the new subscribers and anyone commenting on this fic! I will try my best to finish this...though I still didn’t know when it will be…hehehehe ✖‿✖