Interview Part 1

Shadow

Chapter 3

 

“Are you done, Sungmin-hyung?” Sungmin turned behind to see Kyuhyun standing not far from him, holding a camera.

 

“Kyu? What’s with the camera?” he asked confusedly.

 

“I was ordered to make an interview to you.” Kyuhyun casually answered, adjusting the camera on the table.

 

“Interview? What was that supposed to mean?” Sungmin continue asking while serving the food on the table for both of them since only them that are left at the dorm that day.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, didn’t understand the actual meaning behind the interview himself. What he knows, one night, while he was busy killing monsters on the internet, Heechul out of sudden came barging in his room.

 

Flashback.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Heechul called but was ignored by Kyuhyun as he was really ‘busy’ at that time plus with a headphone on his head.

 

“This brat…” Heechul came marching towards the maknae and without a warning, he close down Kyuhyun’s laptop, crushing down his game.

 

“What the hell, Heechul!? I was about to win!” he yelled angrily and instantly, he got a hard smack on his head for acting rude.

 

“Ouch! That’s hurt hyung!” he groaned, rubbing his head gently to ease the pain.

 

“You deserve that.” Heechul ignore the anger from him and just sat at the edge of the bed.

 

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun asked, eyes burrowed in a deep from.

 

Though he wants to retort back, he knew fighting with Heechul is one of the warnings that anyone should take note of. So, he tried his best to control his anger.

 

“Have you talked to Sungmin?”

 

“About what?”

 

“Anything.” Kyuhyun was sure puzzled with the question.

 

But, he still answered it nonetheless, “Well, he come for my shooting once. Then we had dinner together and drink wine session from time to time. Also, we talked sometimes about other things that happened. Pretty normal things I guess. Why? Why do ask that?” he questioned back.

 

After hearing the answer, Heechul sighed faintly, “So, he kept it for himself again.” He said softly, too soft that it was inaudible to Kyuhyun’s ears.

 

“What? What did you just say?”

 

“Nothing is your concern.” Heechul said mockingly, and Kyuhyun’s eyes twitched controlling himself from his hyung laid back answer.

 

After that, without even give him any chance to ask anything, Heechul shoved him a camera and ordered him to do an interview with Sungmin.  No matter what he ask, the elder still refuse to give him a decent answer.

 

Flashback end.

 

So, back on the present day, Kyuhyun was still setting the camera as what Heechul ordered him to. He decided to do the interview while eating because it is the only time where he and Sungmin spend time together. It is also the time where Sungmin will honestly answer any questions (according to some resources aka Sungmin’s mom).

 

“Ok set.” He finished up, pushes the start button and sat down on the chair.

 

“Do you really need to do this now, Kyuhyun?”

 

“Someone will kill me if I don’t.” he replied, which is the truth actually.

 

Sungmin just sighed. He sits down, after he put a bowl of rice in front Kyuhyun and another bowl for himself. Kyuhyun excitedly grabbed a chopsticks and start taking a taste of the food.

 

With that also, he started asking, “First, who do you think is the most handsome?”

 

“Siwon.”

 

“Most ugly?”

 

“No one.” Sungmin replied fast.

 

“What? It must be someone, right?”

 

“No one is ugly, Kyuhyun. Everyone has their own charms and human has no right to call other people ugly because no one is actually ugly in this world.”

 

“But…”

 

“No one.” Sungmin strictly said, “No further comment.” He said more before Kyuhyun ask further for the reason.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, knowing that the older is determined with the answer, “Best dancer?” he turned to ask the next question.

 

“Hyukkie and Shindong.”

 

“Only one person per question, hyung.”

 

“Fine, fine. Euhyukkie.” Both munching the food while talking.

 

“Worst dancer?”

 

“Worst?” Sungmin’s head tilted, with his hand on his chin thinking, “Ye…sung-hyung?”

 

“Admitted.” Kyuhyun agreed to the answer immediately and they both chuckled remembering Yesung’s dance.

 

“Best MC?”

 

“Leeteuk-hyung.”

 

“Why it isn’t me?” Kyuhyun asked again, isn’t fully satisfied with the answer.

 

“Because Leeteuk-hyung is better. And also, you’re the best only for sharp comments which is normal for you. Whereas, Leeteuk hyung was from experienced, so he is better than you.” Sungmin explained and Kyuhun sulked really hard.

 

“Next question.” Sungmin demanded.

 

“Okay, fine.” He answered dejectedly, “Who’s the prettiest?”

 

“Pretty? Wait? Is this question only for the members’ only or general idol?”

 

“Group members only. Including you.” Kyuhyun replied back, putting another spoonful of rice inside his mouth.

 

“Then, it’s Heechul hyung.”

 

“Best DJ?”

 

“Shindong.”

 

“Tallest?”

 

“Zhou mi.”

 

“Zhou mi? I’m the tallest too!” Kyuhyun retorted back.

 

“You’re the third or maybe the forth out of the members. Zhou mi is still a lot taller than you, Kyu. Accept the fact.”

 

“Forth?! Well, at least I’m a lot taller than Hyukjae! And I’ll grow again.”

 

Sungmin giggled, “In your dream maknae.” Sungmin teased and Kyuhyun groaned, really unsatisfied.

 

His mood really started to decrease with every question. It seems that every one of the questions was a lot annoying and backfired to him.

 

“Shortest? Wait, I don’t think you need to answer that. It’s Wookie.” Kyuhyun answered the question himself, ignoring the unsatisfied groan from Sungmin.

 

“You should not that, Kyuhyun.”

 

“What? It is the truth anyway.” He nonchalantly said, “Then, this question. Main vocal?”

 

“Yesung-hyung.” Sungmin answered almost immediately.

 

“Lead singer?”

 

“Wookie.”

 

“Supporting singer?”

 

Sungmin stopped to think for a moment before he answers, “Donghae?”

 

“Donghae? He’s the rapper hyung!” Kyuhyun snapped with the answer, “What about me? Where’s my place in the vocal line?”

 

“Where? You’re both.” Sungmin answered again leisurely, didn’t feel affected at all by Kyuhyun’s sudden rage.

 

“And what’s the difference between main vocal and lead singer?”

 

Sungmin turned to look at Kyuhyun with an unreadable expression, he sighed, “I can’t believe I actually said that.” And Sungmin get up to get water.

 

“What? What is it? You can’t leave it hanging like that.”

 

“What I mean is…” Sungmin came back, “Lead singer is where the most chorus will be sung by that person. And you have to admit it, Kyu that Wookie is the first lead singer because he fills the void of missing member perfectly.” Sungmin explained.

 

“Then? What about main singer? Why is it Yesung-hyung?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? Yesung-hyung sang in most of the song and does adlib in each one of it. Furthermore, between the KRY members, Yesung hyung always gets the highest note. Isn’t that the role of main vocal?” Sungmin explained long.

 

“Do you understand now?” Sungmin asked the younger who has been listening and staring at him.

 

“What about me, then?” he asked more, still isn’t satisfied while sulking.

 

Sungmin chuckled, “You’re the special one.”

 

“Special?”

 

“Yes. For me, though you are not the main vocal or the first lead vocal, your voice is special that it could enchant anyone to wanting to hear more. That’s why you’re the special one, because you could perfectly be both main vocal and lead vocal. Right?” Kyuhyun was touched by what Sungmin said.

 

“You really think so?” he was still disbelieved.

 

“Of course.” Sungmin nodded eagerly with a bright smile.

 

Seeing that smile, all Kyuhyun’s jealousy about the vocalist of the group vanished just like that. His lips unconsciously formed a smile.

 

“Next, who is the best actor? Among the actor line.”

 

“Kibum.” Sungmin answered without any hesitation.

 

“Kibum? I thought that you’re going to say Siwon-hyung.”

 

“Well, to each one of the kind, Kyu. Maybe Siwon is the best actor for other people’s eyes but I think that Kibum is equally good. If you really ask me, I actually might say that all of the actors in actor line are best actors, right?” Sungmin reasoned.

 

“Maybe.” Kyuhyun shortly replied but deep inside, he was actually amazed by Sungmin’s interpretation about the other members.

 

 Every word he said, he means it sincerely. I guess he really does love every member. Kyuhyun said to himself.

 

“How about most hardworking?” Kyuhyun asked the next question.

 

“Can I actually say this name?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Hangkyung hyung.”

 

“What?” Kyuhyun was stunned for a moment to hear that name.

 

“What? Is it weird to say it is him?”

 

“No, it’s weird because the name came out so suddenly after a long time. I thought…”

 

“You thought that I will forget about him?” Sungmin finished off Kyuhyun’s sentence.

 

“Well, not really. I’ve known you so long, of course you will not forget about him. I’m just surprised that’s all.”

 

Sungmin smiled sadly, “I don’t know if other people agree with me or not. But seriously, for me Hangkyung hyung is the most hardworking. He has been working very hard to achieve his dream. He was the first foreigner that debut in Korea and has done a lot to gain people trust about his talent. If he’s not hardworking, I don’t think he was able to be what he wants to be now.” His expression change into a gentle one, “If only we were able to change the time and destiny, I really hope that we could perform on the same stage again.” Sungmin said his dearest wish.

 

“All of us hope for the same thing, hyung.” They both smile to each other.

 

“Okay next.” Kyuhyun eats another spoon of rice before he continuing asking, “Most lazy.”

 

“Everyone.” Sungmin answered instantly, and makes Kyuhyun frowned again.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it is the truth.” The bunny replied back casually.

 

“There must be some sort of reason right?”

 

“Well…let’s see. If you want a reason so much, think about what will we do when there is no schedule at all for the day?”

 

“Sleeping.”

 

“The reason?”

 

“Duh…because we are all tired and need so much rest when there is no schedule.”

 

“So, that’s the answer.”

 

Kyuhyun thinks for a moment, but then he understands, “Fine. I admit that.” he could never win against Sungmin after all.

 

TBC

 

 

~~Just wants to post it..been stuck inside my thumbdrive so long~~cheeky