Shadow's light

Shadow

A shadow needed light to stay stronger

Sungmin was alone in the dorm. He was resting his tired body after a long day of musical practice. He was lying on the couch with the TV on. Kyuhyun’s face appears on the TV as he was mcing for Radio Star program. Sungmin stared long at the screen, sighing from time to time. He missed the boy, that’s for sure. Ever since they were separated from being roommates, they rarely have time spent with each other. Furthermore, with the unmatch busy schedules, it makes even harder for them to even sit down and have a talk. It was a fact though that almost all the members know that he had a huge crush on the maknae. But, he was just afraid of the answer that he might get if he confesses. He is a coward. He admitted it himself.

He continues watching and thinking on how much Kyuhyun has shine ever since they debut, he felt so much proud of him. When the show was over, he walked into his room and lied on the bed.

“When will I be able to shine like him?” he thought to himself.

He heaved a deep sigh.

It’s okay, at least I could still become his support.

Sungmin assured himself. While listening to the music, he slowly falls into the dreamland. Dreaming of bunnies and eating ice cream until he’s full.

~~

It was almost 1 in the morning when Kyuhyun stepped inside the dorm. His body and mental were both tired by the pack schedules. Though he was grateful that he’s getting popular these days, but he really wished to have some rest too.

He dragged his feet lazily but not towards his room but to Sungmin’s instead. Didn’t even care to knock at all, he opened the door and saw Sungmin was still awake, on the bed.

“Ah, Kyuhyun. You’re home.” Sungmin greeted.

Kyuhyun just hummed and let his body fall on Sungmin’s bed next to the elder.

“I’m so…tired…” he whined like a little kid.

“I can see that.” Sungmin replied.

Kyuhyun turned his head to watch his hyung. Sungmin was practically in his night gown, a blue one since the members love to so much with pink. He was browsing the internet with laptop on his lap and only the bed lamp that was still on. Kyuhyun would not admit it but seeing the reflection of light on Sungmin’s face makes him look so much like an angel. Consciously, his lips formed into a smile.

“What are staring at, brat?”

“Just you.” Sungmin chuckled hearing the cheesy answer.

“Stop kidding Kyu. If you’re tired so much, go take a bath and sleep in your room.” Sungmin said, eyes still focused only on the screen,”You have to wake up early tomorrow, right?” Sungmin reminded but Kyuhyun just groaned.

“I’m hungry, hyung. Can you make me some ramen?”

“Ramen? Now?” the latter nodded.

“I want to eat. And you know how bad I am at making ramen, right?”

Sungmin snickered, “Bad? Isn’t it one of your excuses to never let the hyung ask you to cook one.” Sungmin remarked sarcastically.

“Hyung…” Kyuhyun pleaded.

“You wouldn’t let your favorite maknae to starve to death, right? Sungmin hyung…please…” Kyuhyun used his best aegyo that he had.

Sungmin eyes narrowed seeing it. He looked at the maknae with a disgusted look as Kyuhyun continue showing his puppy eyes. Sungmin heaved a deep sigh.

“Just because you are my favorite maknae.” Sungmin reasoned.

 He puts the laptop and a few papers (maybe scripts, Kyuhyun thought) on the side table. He slowly gets up from the bed and stretches out his body a bit before walking to the door. Kyuhyun was watching and grinning actually, because he has won the aegyo over Sungmin.  

“Want it extra spicy?”

“Yes! With egg please!” Kyuhyun chirped happily.

Sungmin just sighed again and shook his head from the maknae’s behavior. He went out from the room with no further question.

Kyuhyun continue grinning like an idiot as he buried himself more on Sungmin’s pillow and soft bed. He could still smell the sweet scent of Sungmin’s shampoo and the warmth of his body on the bed. He knew he was being a total jerk to ask hiss hyung to cook but he admitted that he really love Sungmin’s cooking. And being the kind hyung as Sungmin, he would always obliged by his wishes.

The feeling of being spoiled by Sungmin is really the best feeling that he loves the most. He closed his eyes, enjoy the moment of silence in the room. Also to ease some of the tiredness. He was about fall asleep almost immediately but he forced himself to stay awake. He doesn’t want to make Sungmin angry if he didn’t eat the ramen. He opened his eyes and saw Sungmin’s laptop which is still open. Curiosity creeps in as he slowly gets up and takes a look into the content.

“He was still practicing his musical.” He talked to himself.

As he was going through the laptop, he realized some webs were still on browsing. He maximizes it and saw a manga website.

“Manga? Since when did Sungmin hyung like to read manga? Let’s see…this story is about…basketball?” He frowned, “Okay, this is getting weirder.” He talked to himself and continues to scanning the manga.

Time seems to pass really quickly and he found himself immerse into the manga. He reads it chapter by chapter and started to feel strange with the reason why Sungmin reads it in the first place.

“Shadow?”

“Kyuhyunie! It’s done!” Sungmin’s shout interrupted him from continue reading.

He snapped out of it and started getting ready as fast as he could. Because his hunger is killing him, he decided to just shrug away his weird feeling.

“I’m coming!” he ran outside to the dining room and was greeted by someone which is not Sungmin.

“Yah, Hyukjae! That’s mine!” he yelled possessively as he saw Eunhyuk slurping a spoonful of ramen, didn’t even care to use honorific at all.

Eunhyuk on the other hand, didn’t feel threaten at all by the yell. He stuck out his tongue to the maknae, and even teasing him by continues eating. Showing him how delicious is the ramen. 

“You!” he was about to explode and of course Sungmin was there to stop it.

“I make for him too, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin cuts him off, “This is your share.” He puts another bowl of ramen on the table.

“Hmph!” Kyuhyun scoffed furiously, but he sat down on the chair still.

After making sure that the two dongsaeng are fully seated, Sungmin went to the kitchen to take his share. But, what he didn’t know, as soon as he left, the two starts bickering, kicking each other legs under the table. They have an intense stare battle but both still continue eating.

~~

At one of the SS5 in oversea, after their concert ended, everyone was sweating and happy. As they all walked to the car to go back to the hotel, they still kept on talking about the concert. About how happy they are and they really are grateful to all the fans that came.

“This concert is really the best!” Donghae exclaimed and agreed by all.

“Aahhh…I want to take a bath and just go to sleep!” Shindong said.

Soon, each one of them complained and said what they are going to do for the end of the day. Some of them ended up directly to the hotel and some of them went for a midnight snack. The group whom went for a snack is Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Sungmin and surprisingly, even Shindong who at first complained that he was dead tired also went. They eat and chatting until their body fully tired and went back to the hotel.

It was already morning, and Kyuhyun whom was soundly asleep in his room was awake by the sound of someone entering the room. He squinted his eyes and forces it to open and saw Sungmin walking to the bed.

“It’s just me, Kyu. Go back to sleep.” Sungmin ruffled the lad’s head soft and Kyuhyun fall back to dreamland without saying anything by the gentle touch.

On the next morning, he woke up from his sleep and realized Sungmin was still on the bed, sleeping. Something rare to see because the Sungmin that he knew is an early riser unlike him. Seeing the tired face of sleeping Sungmin, he decided to not wake him and just let him rest. He went to the bathroom to do his daily routine and to take a short bath. Before he left for breakfast, he slowly planted a kiss on Sungmin’s forehead and thanking God for Sungmin is a heavy sleepy. He smiled, feel contented to see the sleeping angel on the bed.

I should bring him his breakfast later. He reminded himself.

He left the room and met with the other members at the dining room. They were eating breakfast and started chatting with each other.

“What time did you get back last night, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked Siwon, shoving a sandwich into his hungry mouth.

“Last night?” Siwon stopped to think, “About 2, I guess.”

“Two?” Kyuhyun frowned.

I think I saw the time was 4 when Sungmin hyung came back. He told himself inwardly.

“Are you sure it’s 2, hyung?”

Siwon nodded, “Yeah. Why?”

“Sungmin hyung arrived at 4 last night.” He answered.

“Sungmin hyung?” Now, it’s Siwon who frowned, “Where did he go?” he asked.

“Hah? What do you mean where did he go? He went for midnight snack together with you.” Siwon seemed shocked by Kyuhyun’s answer.

“Did he?” he questioned and it make Kyuhyun more confused.

“Eunhyuk, did Sungmin come with us last night?” Siwon turned to the next table and asked Eunhyuk.

“Yes, he was with us but he disappeared after that.” Eunhyuk answered.

“Oh, really? There, you got an answer.”

“Answer? He disappeared, hyung. How can that be an answer?” Kyuhyun retorted, started to feel irritated.

“Hey, don’t be mad at me. I don’t know anything. I remember going with him but I don’t think that he went home together with us. Right, Hae?” Donghae nodded by Eunhyuk’s explanation.

“That was because you have forgotten about him! Don’t tell me that you actually left him and he went home alone!” the members fell into deep silence by the accusation which seems the truth.

“Arghh!!!” Kyuhyun exploded.

“How could you do that?! Sungmin hyung couldn’t sense his way back home, idiot!!” he yelled furiously and stormed away ignoring all the shocking stare that the viewers gave.

Kyuhyun went back to his room, stomping his feet all the way. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.

What they did is beyond unforgiveable. It’s not like he is invisible to be forgotten like that. How could they left him, in this foreign country! No wonder Sungmin went home late and look so tired last night. He must have been searching for way back home for hours. And he still give me that kind of smile!

‘It’s okay, Kyu.’

Stupid! All of them are stupid!

Kyuhyun continues nagging inside and was really breathing out fire of anger. He reached his room and saw Sungmin was still sleeping.

He sighed heavily. He stares at the latter long.

And here, I was so stupid for taking your phone last night with me. Only because I forgot mine.

He sighed again and lied slowly beside Sungmin on the bed. He circled his arms around Sungmin’s waist and pulled him into a tight embraced. Sungmin stirred by the action and he was greeted by Kyuhyun’s Adam’s apple when he opened his eyes.

“Kyu…hyun?” he called sleepily.

“I’m sorry, hyung. We’re so stupid.” The maknae apologized, tightened the hug even more.

Confused by the sudden action, Sungmin’s eyes blinked for a few times and processing what is happening. But then, he returned the younger’s hug. He rubbed a soothing pattern on Kyuhyun’s back to calm him down.

“It’s okay, Kyu. I’m fine.” Sungmin said, figuring out the reason behind the action.

They both stayed in the same position until Sungmin once more fall asleep. Kyuhyun watched him sleep, while still keeping his arms on the aegyo king. He saw on how much Sungmin has changed ever since they met many years ago. But for him, Sungmin is still the same Sungmin.

While watching, he saw that Sungmin looking tense somewhat like he has a bad dream. He slowly hummed a melody that he knew and unconsciously smiling to see Sungmin finally calming down. So, he continues staying and accompanies Sungmin till he also falls asleep next to each other.

Later on that day, they meet with the other members. Kyuhyun makes sure that each of them to apologize. Sungmin just said that he is fine but for as long as Kyuhyun knows the older, he was willing to fake every emotion to ensure that no one is worry.

In the end, the annoyed Kyuhyun was calmed down by Sungmin’s hug. The others were extremely relieved because they all know, an angry Kyuhyun is just as revengeful as an angry Heechul. And that is not a good sign ever. He is the ‘evil maknae’ after all.

 

 

So...this is the first chapter, the whole story is actually not yet finish but i will try my best to write it. thank you so much for all the subscribers!

and sorry if this story is not what you expected..