Crystal Apple

The Bad Apple

BoA walked up to Yunho's clinic. She frowned and pouted in dismay when she saw the 'closed' sign on the door. Before she could walk away, the nurse at the clinic spotted her and ran up to her. 

"Hey BoA! Looking for Yunho ssi?" 

"Ara," she smiled. "I was guessing if I could...?"

"Sure, come in," Ara invited her in, and got her to wait in the office. "Yunho ssi has been very busy these days, travelling from the hospital to here."

BoA nodded her head. "I see." So the timing is really not right?

"What's wrong?" Ara asked, noticing that BoA has zoned off. BoA smiled and shook her head.

"Alright then, I'll be going off for my lunch break. Yunho ssi will be back anytime soon, so you can sit here to wait for him," they exchanged more smiles before Ara went off. BoA sat down on the chair in front of Yunho's table, and her glance was automatically directed to the crystal apple lying on the table. She picked it up and smiled, thinking of her memories with Yunho. It was their crystal apple.

BoA was startled by the opening of the door. She stood up and stiffened herself up unknowingly, still holding the crystal apple.

"What are you doing here?" Yunho asked bluntly without giving BoA any eye contact.

"Well I was just dropping by on the way home and I thought you could join me for-"

"Dropping by?" Yunho stated and raised an eyebrow, cutting BoA off. "This clinic is in the opposite direction from your house," he paused, "and I'm too busy to join you for lunch. You know that, BoA."

BoA was taken aback by this sudden coldness. "Yunho, I just wanted to have some time with you, can't you understand?" BoA bravely spoke up, "You put this crystal apple here. It means something right? I still mean something to you right?"

"Give that back," Yunho said before glancing at his watch, "I'm busy and I have to go."

"Why, are you trying to avoid me?" BoA asked with slight hurt in her voice.

"No," Yunho said, "I already told you, the timing isn't right."

Yunho reached out to get the crystal apple from within BoA's hands, but a small tackle caused the apple to be dropped. Both of them stared at the apple in shock after seeing the broken stalk. 

BoA was first to reach for it. She took it up, sniffed a bit, and stated, "I'll fix it."

"No, what's broken cannot be fixed. Just give that back."

"I'll fix it," BoA stated before giving Yunho a last glance. She then picked up her bag and wanted to leave. As she went out of the office, she noticed Ara still in the clinic.

"Oh?" Ara said and turned around to face BoA. "I figured that I left my wallet here so I came back for it."