So Close, Yet So Far

The Bad Apple

BoA garnered all the strength left in her to run away, but bumped into someone who was in front of her. 

"Ow!"

"I'm sorry!" she quickly apologised, but when she turned around she saw her brother and Yunho looking at her.

She had failed to escape: they had seen her. She started to run, but Yunho immediately went after her. 

"BoA! Wait," Yunho panted, tired from chasing after BoA for the long stretch. At the same time, he released sobs and tears were running down from his eyes to his cheeks. BoA stopped, realizing that Yunho was crying too. Turning around, she revealed her tear-stained face and looked at Yunho sorrowfully. Wiping off her tears, she slowly calmed herself down.

"Yunho," she started, "we can't be together. I don't want to hurt you again, I don't trust myself. I've hurt you enough," BoA cried, "go find a better girl; I'm not good enough for you," she said painstakingly. It was true she loved Yunho, but right now, she couldn't let their relationship be hurt again. Maybe, staying as friends would be best for us... 

"Look BoA, I'll never love anyone but you. Even though you've hurt me three times, the pain doesn't beat that when I'm alone without you. I need you; come back to me," Yunho pleaded.

"Yunho, I can't," BoA said, on the verge of crying again. "Maybe it's just the timing, Yunho; the timing is wrong," BoA finally said before turning around. They were so close, yet so far. She paused to ask herself if that's what she wanted.

Maybe the timing will never be correct. Maybe we're never meant to be. Maybe we're just to cross each other's path for some time and maybe we'll move on...

Because time hasn't healed their wounds yet.

~~~

Yunho slumped onto the chair at his clinic wearily after the sleepless night he had yesterday. BoA was still on his mind, as usual. He could not think of anything else but BoA and the conversation they shared the previous day. After seeing some patients, it was lunch time so he decided to have a break. He was not doing very well and often zoned out once in a while due to the fact that he didn't sleep well the night before and hence was pretty much not feeling well. 

He went out for some lunch and happened to pass by the park on the way back to the clinic. Noticing a familiar back figure sitting on a bench, he halted. After some hesitation, he walked up to the bench. One more step and he would reach her; but he stopped. 

Why is our relationship so tragic? 

Yunho stood at the back of the bench, his gaze not leaving BoA's back. On the other hand, there was BoA, sobbing after being reminded of their memories since the day before.

So close, yet so far...