Not Worth

The Bad Apple

It was five years since BoA left for Canada. BoA and Yunho never saw each other. During these five years, Yunho left Korea for England and where got his master degree in medical. He returned to Korea as a doctor and set up a clinic in Seoul. It was the day that he shifted his clinic to Gyeonggi, BoA's hometown, in full hopes of being able to at least see her. 

He finally found a birthday gift from five years ago before BoA left- a crystal apple that BoA bought and kept one for herself too. He looked at it longingly and sighed as he thought of everything he had been through together with BoA. The most painful were the three times BoA broke up with him, when he thought that BoA loved him so much but her heart wanted more- more than him. 

It hurt him to think that he could not provide for BoA what she wanted, but at the same time he was confused and did not understand the reason why he was unable to satisfy BoA and why BoA focused on having a luxurious lifestyle instead of living happily yet simply with the one she loves.

Yunho was walking down along the streets of Gyeonggi when he heard a familiar voice calling out for him.

"Yunho, is that you?" a voice said timidly with a tinch of sorrow. He missed that voice so much. He just wanted to turn around, hug her and tell her how much he missed her, but he couldn't. It was as if someone had slapped him hard to realise that BoA would now be living a good life with her husband, maybe having kids already, so happy that she would not need him in her life anymore.

Slowly, he turned around and saw BoA standing behind him.

"BoA," he tried hard to keep a smile on his face, "you look... different," he said as he glanced at BoA.

BoA nodded slowly and tried to reciprocate the smile that he was giving, and replied, "Ah yes... I'm back here for a small trip to check on my parents and my brothers, and I'll be returning to Canada soon and... I never thought I'd bump into you here."

"BoA... How are you?" Yunho said, his lips quivering. "And your... husband?" Yunho was so afraid to say that word, but once he started his sentence he knew he could not stop.

"I'm fine... And so is my husband," BoA said, her eyes were twitching. Although it was painful, she knew she had to lie, because she knew she had hurt Yunho too many times to go back to him. She did not want to hurt Yunho once more, nor did she want to come into Yunho's life ever again lest she did something wrong. That part of her life was over.

However, deep inside she still loved Yunho. When she rejected her ex-fiancee on the day of the supposed marriage, she had made a decision to live a new life. To stop all her materialistic wants and start doing what is right without hurting anyone anymore. 

It was not worth the pain at all.