10

Twisted Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

Victoria Song

I lean over the balcony, scrunching up the note he left on the table. Why would he write me a note then scribble over it. Why did he just leave like that but then again why would he even come in the first place. I look at the note before throwing it in the bin. Why would he come around when he had broke me earlier. It's only hurt me more, confuse me more and tear me up even more with what he just did. It hurts a lot... and all I can ask myself is why...

I step back in the house and close the sliding door before turning on the TV. The 6 o'clock news came on and there he is again, talking about future plans for his company. He still haven't shave and it doesn't seem like he went home at all last night. I went to microwave some popcorn and watched the news like I was in the movies. I look at the fridge where Seohyun left a note reminding me to work for her tonight at the Long Room bar tonight as there is a social event held by those rich spoilt kids.

I got into my gym wear and head downstairs for a jog. I was jogging for a good ten minute before realizing that I was at the park. I slow down and walk through it, as I came closer to the bench from last night those eyes look up at me again. I didn't move, he didn't move...

In a distance there's a couple arguing and the girl nudge into me causing me to move in a falling motion as she ran pass but my eyes never moved from his. He got up quick and came up to me, grab my hand and look at me.

"Are you ok?" he ask me with the most sincere voice I've ever heard.

I quickly pull away, "I'm fine, thanks."

Then it was all quiet again. I try to avoid his eye contact now that he is so close where I can feel the warmth of his breath upon me. Those eyes that got me mesmerize in the first place. I'm falling for him, falling for someone I really shouldn't.

We are different from each other, he's filthy rich and a womanizer. And as for myself, I'm just plain old me, a tomboy and has no money. He fine dine, I eat street food. He sleep in a bedroom bigger than my apartment. He drives luxurious cars while I fix them.  We're from different class of life. But the world will always spin and we'll just have keep living... just separately...

"You feeling any better?" he ask.

"Yeah, thanks for the note" I reply him in a mockery tone.

He knew I was mocking him but yet he smiles at me. He pat my head like as if I am still a child and said, "Victoria, let's start over and be friends."

I didn't answer him, I didn't want to answer him because I have nothing to say to him. It hurts to even hear him say that. I didn't want to be friends, I admit I want him to woo me like back then. It made me smile, I was happy.

He seems to be waiting for an answer, looking at me intensely.

"No, I don't want to be." I manage to say.

"I don't see why not, like you said we weren't lovers to begin with..." He said but then he stop and look at me and didn't say anymore like it was hard for him to say more. I doubt it.

"I'm sorry I can't be your friend" I told him.

He stood there not accepting my answer.

"Look Kim Hyun Joong, let us be strangers. It's better for us, we're from different class. It's not fair for you to lower your persona to be friends with me and it's not fair for me when people call me a gold digger if we were friends."

"Why do you care so much about the media, about society. Why can't we be genuine friends." he said.

"You really want to know why?" I ask him.

He look around and nod at me, "yeah I do."

"Because being friends with you would hurt me here," I told him, holding my hand to my heart. "That is why it's better off to be strangers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter