Packing and Phone Calls

Because I'm Stupid

Chapter 2

 

“Shut up. Seriously. If you don’t shut up, like, right now, I’ll – Jongin!” Sehun sighed, exasperated as his so-called best friend continued to laugh hysterically on the other end of the phone. “I’ll hang up if you don’t –“

“Fine – fine,” Jongin panted, between breathes. “God, that was hilarious!”

“You’re impossible,” Sehun grunted and clicked the phone off. He flopped on his bed and sighed. He rolled over so that he faced the front of his room, which was covered with stray pieces of clothing all over the floor.

I guess I should get this over with, Sehun thought. Leaning over, he reached under his bed and pulled out his red travel bag. He swatted at it to clear the dust, coughing as a white puff appeared in front of his face. Packing time.

School started tomorrow, and it was time to pack for his boarding school. He wasn’t nervous. After all, he had attended that school for five years now – he started in sixth grade, the first year the school starts in, and he was going to be a junior. Frankly, he wasn’t looking forward to it at all though. He thought it was going to be his worst school year yet.

Over the summer, a talent agent had spotted Sehun hanging out with his friends and as a result he had landed a small role in a drama. He wasn’t very famous yet, of course. The drama wasn’t very popular and he wasn’t even one of the lead roles (he was just supposed to be the main character’s friend’s brother, and he only had about three scenes, none of them very significant), but that was enough to skyrocket his already fairly high social status at school. Girls who had never given him a second glance before gave him double takes and occasionally random females asking if he was, “that one cute guy from that one drama”, approached him.

It wasn’t like he hated the attention, but he had other priorities and it got a little annoying sometimes. He had always hated insincere people, and this was distracting him from what was important to him. Even though Sehun had been told that he was very handsome, when he wasn’t around his friends he was actually quite shy. Except when he was annoyed or angry, that is.

He was just telling Jongin a story about a group of girls approaching him to ask him if he was “that one guy” and he was so started when she suddenly tapped his shoulder that he tripped and spilled a slushy all over the girl’s skirt.

The girl had said it was “no biggie” but the look on her face said otherwise.

Sehun opened the door to his closet and started tossing random pieces of clothing into his bag. The agent said he had potential for bigger roles, but frankly he didn’t want anything more to do with the media. He told his family that he didn’t want any more dramas, but his parents were reluctant to accept this. They had never really been super rich, and they liked this new attention. They were constantly looking for roles that Sehun might give in to.

He sighed. Why won’t anyone take what I want into account?

His phone buzzed from his bed, and he picked up. “Hello?”

“Shut up, Yeol! Yah, Sehun-ah! Did you get your schedule yet?”

“Yeah.” Sehun picked up a slightly crumpled paper from his desk. “Yeah, I did.”

“When do you have dance? Jongin has it last, but that means I’ll be by myself for Literature and –“

“You have me!”

“Oh, shut up you don’t count, Yeol.”

“You don’t really need to know anyone for Lit class anyway,” Jongin interrupted. “All you do is sit there and –“

Chanyeol cut in with, “Yah, Baek, don’t pressure Sehun-ah to change his schedule when he’s busy with dramas and stuff.”

Baekhyun gasped. “That’s right. God, Sehun, I’m sorry-“

“Don’t apologize. I’m done with dramas,” Sehun said flatly.

“Well, don’t rush into decisions. I mean, you never know what could happen-“

With that Sehun hung up. He had had enough of people assuming they knew what was best for him better than he did.

He looked at the calendar and sighed once again. This is going to be a long year. But he had one positive thought before resuming his packing.

I hope I meet someone who will understand me