I want to know

When I'm With You

Seunghyun walked back up the hall and Jiyong followed him. Before he went into the room, Seunghyun spun around and saw Jiyong on his trail. He scratched his neck with his long arms and said "Well, goodnight, or good morning or whatever." and shut the door behind him. Ji wanted more. He wanted to have a conversation with him. Why was he here? Who was he here for? Is he okay? He didn't understand why he had all of a sudden taken such an interest to this person, and why was he frustrated at the fact that he couldn't speak to him for longer. Well, come on, to be fair it was 4 am and he was probably tired, they've both got to get up for school tomorrow. Ji wondered if the person Seunghyun was visiting was a short term or long term patient. He wondered if he could have something to relate to with him. Did he know the struggle of having the only person who loves you being terminally ill? Those were the questions that circled around Ji's mind until the alarm rang for 7am. 

He made his way down to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast. Damn hospital food was expensive, and for no good reason too. Even so, Ji grabbed himself a slice of banana bread and a cup of warm tea. He sat down on the rounded tables in front of the cafeteria and began munching on his bread. Suddenly, someone threw a bunch of snacks on the table and rudely sat down. "You don't mind right?" said  a tired voice. Seunghyun looked even more beautiful in the light of day. He was visibly worn out, yet he still managed to glow. His ruffled hair fell forward, covering his eyes until he decided to run his fingers through and brush the hair back. "I won't take long, I probably won't eat all of this" "Then why'd you buy it all?" asked Jiyong. "I dunno... it looked good."

After Seunghyun only managed to eat two packets of the snacks, he stood up, grabbed his bag, and walked out of the hospital. He'd left all the food on the table and hadn't cleaned a thing. With a sigh Jiyong took the untouched snacks and placed them back in the plastic bag and took them to Chaerin's room. Who knows, he may be back tonight and he could start up a light conversation with him. "Why do I even want to speak to him so badly?”


The first class of the day was mathematics, and that was something Jiyong really hated. He made his way to the second row where YB and Seungri had a saved a spot for him right in the middle. Seunghyun wasn't sitting in the back though; he was right next to Youngbae. 

"Hey Ji, me and Seungri said that we should go somewhere after school today, you know, as like the first time us friends go out. I think we should go to eat. What do you say?" asked YB.


"Well I do-" 

"It'll be fun come on we'll eat all the stuff you want and then we can go play games and and and then we can go t-" 

"Slow down Seungri, we can't do everything in one day." said Youngbae

"Well yeah, YB is right, how about we go somewhere to eat noodles? I could really go for a warm bowl of noodles.” replied Jiyong.

"That'd be awesome, Hey Seunghyun Hyung, why don't you come with us?" asked Seungri.

Jiyong swallowed hard. 

"Me? Hmm I don't know, how long will you be? I've got somewhere I need to go.” he asked.

"It won't be too long, I mean, we all eat pretty fast."

"Alright, I'll come."


Now Jiyong was excited. He was going to eat noodles with Seunghyun. Seunghyun was coming. Wait wait wait. Jiyong scolded himself again for getting so worked up at this fact. WHY DOES HE CARE SO MUCH? Jiyong shook of his strange feeling and started to pay attention to the teacher, who was explaining how to solve a linear equation on the board.
 


 

So when the clock struck four, the last bell of the day rung and all the students rushed down the halls and to their lockers. The friends packed their bags and went on their way to a local restaurant, where most students came for a meal after a tiring day at school. Today was especially cold and the restaurant seemed to be busy.

"Come on guys, there's a table over there!" yelled Seungri, as he ran towards the table to claim it as his own. It was actually more of a bench, with stools. It was facing the window and allowed the person seated to have the view of the crowded street.

The group shuffled around the many students lining up to get a bowl of these famous noodles, and sat down at the bench. Jiyong sat on the edge of the window because he hated being in the middle of things, but of course, of course Seunghyun had to say something. 

"Hey Ji let me sit there I don't like the middle" Jiyong suddenly gathered a bit of confidence and said "No" Seunghyun looked baffled. He didn't understand why Jiyong was speaking that way. "Just come on get up I always sit there anyway!" Seunghyun explained, as he started to get annoyed by Jiyongs new stubbornness. "I don't care I'm not moving I came here first and I don't like the middle either - deal with it" Jiyong snapped. Seungri sat back and watched the show as the two kept fighting over the seat, until YB came back and settled things. "Hey hey hey what are you guys doing calm down look, go over there, there's two window seats none of you are in the middle just go!" Youngbae pointed to a table right next to the bench they were originally sitting on. It was a table for two. Jiyong and Seunghyun complied and went to sit. They were face to face and the table wasn't very big. Jiyong began to think about what had just happened and blushed as he saw how stupid this whole thing was. It was as if he had done this all on purpose to see how Seunghyun would react. He wasn't too happy, but as soon as they got their noodles, he seemed to forget the whole ordeal. They happily munched on their noodles and enjoyed the view of the falling rain on the streets outside. It was beautiful. Jiyong had an amazing view. A beautifully sculpted human, the beautiful pouring rain. He took notice each time Seunghyun took a bite of the noodles, how his jaw moved. So gracefully and elegantly, yet it was so sharp and structured it looked like he could slice an apple with it. Even the way he blinked, his eyebrows his nose his lips, each part of his face gave Jiyong a different feeling, emotion, thought. This boy was mesmerising. He could study him all day if he could. 

He was too busy staring at him that he noodles became cold. Seunghyun noticed that he hadn't eaten but a bite. He called for someone to come and take his bowl and heat it up so he could properly enjoy it. "Thanks, you didn't have to do that, I would've eaten it cold, but I guess that it'd be nicer hotter because noodles are supposed to be eaten warm, well actually not all noodles but you get the idea" there he went again. Awkward Jiyong. Seunghyun didn't even reply to him and everyone waited for him to finish his noodles so they could leave. 

Youngbae and Seungri left together as they both took the same bus and that left the others together.  "So uhh, are you gonna go to the same place?" Asked Jiyong, hoping to get an explanation as to why he was there. "Uhh, I-I am, are you?" He replied, strangely with a shaky voice. "Yeah, I go everyday, my sister is sick, she stays there." "Oh okay". Was Jiyong being nosey? He was angry that he didn't find out why he was going there. So he actually asked. "So w-why d-do you go there?" Seunghyun let out a huge sigh. "My mother is dying" Jiyong felt his stomach drop. He shouldn't have asked that way. He felt his cheeks begin to burn from the regret. "I uhh, I'm sorry to hear that, a-and sorry for asking." "Yeah, I know" Seunghyun replied. Now he was visibly agitated and he looked like he wanted to run away and hide. "Then uhh lets get going, I have to get to her before it gets dark" explained Seunghyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N 

I'm so sorry for not updating ;__; I was planning on updating this story frequently but things happened and i started having no time. Now that I have everything somewhat under control, I will do my best! Thank You to anyone who is still reading and/or even enjoys this story <3