Secrets of the night

When I'm With You

 

He woke to a muffled cry, which he assumed was coming from the next room. The clock read 3:45 am, and he wondered who had recieved terrible news at this hour. Since Jiyong was already awake, he decided to take a walk around and maybe get himself something to eat since he hadn't had dinner yet. After slowly stepping out of his sister's room and gently closing the sliding door Jiyong noticed a person crouched down on the floor, 3 rooms away. The person had their face in their palms and was quietly sobbing.

S-should I say something...? Jiyong thought to himself. He took one more step, and as the heel of his shoe clicked with the ground, the person, who appeared to be male, stood up and began walking down the hall with his back facing Jiyong. His legs felt as if they had been nailed straight down onto the floor and he couldn't move. The boy had such a handsome figure, he was tall and had dark hair. He wore black pants, a white shirt and a long black jacket. He didn't appear real, well in Jiyong's eyes, he was the type of person you only dreamt about, but in the dream, their faces are never revealed. Ughh, he'd completley forgotten about getting food or water or taking a walk. He took a look at the clock in Chaerin's room one last time, and it read 4.00 am. He then decided he'd follow the man, after all, he didn't think he was going back to sleep anytime soon, and he could ignore his growling stomach for now.

After grabbing his jacket Jiyong took off down the hall, wondering where the man could've gone at this hour. He searched the cafeteria and the other halls, the coffee shop and around the florist, until he noticed his tall silhouette standing outside the garden. In his hand appeared to be a bottle of orange juice and a cigarette. Hmm, he must be older than Jiyong, maybe this wasn't such a good idea. 

Completely ignoring his mind and just going with his gut, Jiyong walked to the door and quietly pushed it open. He kind of had no idea what to do next. Was he just supposed to go up to him and say hey or was he meant to pretend he never saw him crying and just start a friendly conversation. He decided he'd just pretend to walk around the garden, until he found the right time to say something. The boy walked away from where he was standing and sat on one of the chairs, placing his orange juice on the table and throwig his cigarette on the floor. He glanced at Jiyong, who was still strolling around the garden looking awkward as ever.

"Hey..what are you doing?" The strong, alluring, deep voice sent a chill down Jiyong's spine. Woah. He thought. "Oh..uhh I was just taking a walk"

"You've been walking in a circle for 5 minutes" The boy said.

"Ahaha....I uhh didn't notice."

Jiyong took a look at his face.

It was him. It was the boy from the art class. The same boy which had made his heart feel as if it would jump out of his chest. He looked even more beautiful than the first time he saw him, with his strong dark features and swollen eyes. He looked very tired, like he hadn't slept at all, his eye bags drawing light purple rings under his piercing gaze. "Wait, I've seen you before right?" He said, stopping Jiyongs heart. "Yeah, I was in your art class this morning, I-I saw your sketch..it was really beautiful, you're talented" Jiyong replied with half a smile.

"Oh...thanks" 

Jiyong took another look at the boys unfinished and still burning cigarette on the floor. The other seemed to notice because he chuckled and said "Oh yeah, I forgot, we're in a hospital and thats pollution and stuff." he bent down to pick up the smoke and threw it in his almost gone bottle of orange juice. "So, you smoke?" Jiyong asked. "I do. Hey isn't the first question people usually ask eachother 'what's your name'?"he replied with an unreadable face expression. Before Jiyong could think about answering, "I'm Seunghyun, and you're.. ugh Jiyong right?" Wow this guy payed attention to his introduction. At least someone other than Youngbae was listening to him. "Yeah that's right aha. Nice to mee-" "Ok Ok whatever I'll see you later" Seunghyun interrupted. Ok this guy was kinda rude and weird and beautiful at the same time. Usually, Ji would've probably said something for being interupted, but he just stood there and watched the boy get up. Before leaving Seunghyun placed his orange juice in the hands of Jiyong. He was able to see Seunghyun's face a little closer now. His skin was soft but still rugged. His tanned complexion was beautiful and his eyes... his eyes were deep, and they had soul. The boy had the eyes of a wolf, but with that half a second eye contact they had, Ji saw that there was a lot more.

 

 

 

 

You can tell a lot about a person from their eyes...