Prologue

Gotta Be Somebody
 
 
 
Prologue
 

  "Well, well, look what we have here."
  She didn't bother to even glance at him, her eyes still fixed on her phone. Her curly hair falling like a curtain, providing him a preview of her alluring beauty. Her red dress hugging her curves perfectly, though she cursed mentally realizing the dress was sleeveless. A smirk playing on his lips as he leaned in closer.
  "What's a beauty like you doing here, all alone?"
  She merely muttered in reply, "Careful, you might burn yourself."
  "Aww, come on n-Ow!" He pulled his burnt fingers back, a bit bewildered.
  "Told you," she said, just as a black car pulled up. She gave him a grin before getting in.
  A dark haired girl was busy fixing the rear mirrors when she slid in. Her eyes glanced around the car, making sure everything was still in one piece. Her eyes caught sight of the bewildered guy standing outside. He looked so confused as he one of his fingers, that she almost pitied him. Almost. The poor er must've done something to end up like that.
  She put the car into gear and drove off. Emily noticed how the speed seemed to increased as time passed by. Luckily, her friend was smart enough to drive down a road less travelled. She would've told her to stop, or slow down at least. But there was no point, not when the older felt like it.
  They reached in front of some kind of fancy office. Emily wrinkled her nose, when she noticed the water fountain was shooting higher than usual. They could see a girl standing there with a hand held out underneath the spray of water fountain. Rachel let out a horn, startling the girl and the water fountain seemed to stop working for a while. The water droplets splashing around the girl didn't seem to bother any of them the least. She picked up her bag, which was left dry near a bush, and jogged towards the car. Behind her, the water fountain seemed to return it's original state and pace.
  Getting in the car seat behind, she took out a towel from her bag and began drying her light brown hair, "You scared me."
  "You should stop doing things like that," Emily said, trying to avoid the little splashes of water.
  "Aww, are you afraid of a little water?" She teased.
  "Guys," Rachel began, restarting the car. She didn't want any unnecessary fight or argument to happen. She rolled down the car window and drove. At some point, she waved a hand out the car window. She had always loved the feel of the rush, the wind breezing through her parted fingers.

 
 
Note :