–8.

Catch the Rebound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s ashy brown eyes settle over Taehee’s shaken up figure, as she has her arms around the thin of her body, the woman currently fighting the tears. His heart breaks. He wants to march over to her and throw his arms around her and shush away the pain. Deep inside, he would, but… Just like earlier that day, he could not find the strength to do so. Taehee no longer belongs to him, he’s lost his righteous place to stand beside her.

The man looks back to the desktop where the clip of Taemin taking Jongmin somewhere is frozen. Had that guy truly kidnapped his son? If he did, indeed, then Jongin will make sure they get the little Jong-Jong back safe and sound.

“I’ll have to ask for the copies of this recording.” Chanyeol tells the guard, looking at him spitefully. Truthfully, it was his duty to make sure nothing bad happens. But then again, who would’ve thought that he favorite son-in-law of the year would go on an abduction rampage? “I’ll also check other CCTVs from the area to see where he’s headed.” He then adds, looking towards Jongin and Taehee.

Only Jongin reacts by a nod because Taehee feels alienated to all. Her original worry is for Jongmin not to be hurt. Could Taemin be that evil? He never showed signs of planning to hurt them… And why, why would he take her Minnie away? Wasn’t he supposed to be infatuated with the little one?

Was everything a lie?

“Come on, let’s get you upstairs.” Jongin tells her and, with the most of the courage he can gather, secures an arm around her shoulders.

She’s so out of it, that Taehee doesn’t even notice, and she simply allows the man to lead her to the apartment. Chanyeol, walking up after them, he notices a rather interesting thing.

Upstairs, the detective waits in front of the main door until Jongin settles her on the couch and then walks back to Chanyeol. “Aren’t you coming in?” He then asks.

The older shakes his head curtly. “I’ve got a kidnapper to find. And besides, she doesn’t need me, since she’s got you.”

A frown settles upon his face. Taehee needs him? Of course not…

“By the way, where’s your walking cane?” Chanyeol speaks again, with slight interest in his flat voice.

Jongin’s eyes widen and he looks down at his feet, visually trying to find his cane. He’s totally forgotten about it!

“It was an aftereffect of the trauma?”

At that, the ashy brown eyed man nods. How did Chanyeol know?

“Then, my friend, I think you’re cured. You see, you’re not traumatized by adrenaline. You yearn for it.”

And he then allows his sentence to sink. Jongin is more confused than ever. Could his trauma be psychological? Is that why he was limping so?

“I’m off. Take care of Taehee.” Chanyeol speaks and pats his shoulder, before walking away.

Jongin follows his retreating back until the elevator’s doors him in. Then, he shuts the door and returns to Taehee, who’s frantically trying to call someone. Probably Taemin.

“Why isn’t the call connected?!” She screams in her rage and throws her phone against the parquet, the device still intact (miraculously).

“Hey, calm down. Chanyeol will find him.” Jongin hurries to her and kneels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter