–3.

Catch the Rebound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin needed Chanyeol’s help. What for, it was easy. Though, in all honesty, Hyera getting married to Chanyeol was a surprise. He initially thought of Hyera persuading Taehee into telling her Park Chanyeol’s address. Figures things worked out just fine for him. Jongin was able to tell Chanyeol why he needed his help.

And the ashy brown eyed man also heard from the newly promoted detective that his wristwatch was found on Jongin’s supposed seat, next to a burned body. And after a series of examinations, that body ended up taking his place. Now, all Jongin had to do was prove everyone that he was alive.

With Chanyeol’s help, it would soon be done. Chanyeol promised to open an investigation related to his disappearance, but for that, Jongin had to take some blood tests and whatnot.

So, the man is currently at the hospital, ready to take some tests. His identity won’t be revealed to the press, as it had been detective Park Chanyeol’s order. That guy had become quite influential in the past few years.

Jongin, after the blood tests being taken, he walks in the hallways of the hospital, thinking about Hyera’s offer for the upcoming Saturday.

“Inhye’s birthday is coming up. Why won’t you come as well?”

Going there would mean being able to see Jongmin. Inevitably, he’d also face Taehee’s wrath, though he wouldn’t be the only one. Taehee might also lash at Hyera, and Jongin doesn’t want to cause trouble. Even though his heart begs him to go…

A familiar figure, wearing a white coat, hurries by him, and Jongin feels as if awoken from a trance. He stops and leans into his walking cane, looking at the back of the hurrying doctor.

“Zhang Yixing.” He spits out the name and his whole complexion darkens.

The man remembers Chanyeol’s words, how a certain Zhang Yixing handled his oh-so called body, proving to everyone that the corpse was indeed Kim Jongin. He has no idea what drove the Chinese man to such deeds, but Jongin figures he could still find out. So he heads to where his cabinet is.

“Yes?” His voice echoes from inside, and after knocking on his door, Jongin opens it and steps inside.

He takes in the features of the man, who looks older and more tired than he ever was. Jongin can also pinpoint lone strands of white in his black hair, and the glasses he wears make him look even older than his actual age.

“Are you here for an appointment or a consultation?” He asks, without lifting his head from the papers.

The olive skinned man limps towards his desk, and takes a seat. That’s when the doctor looks at him for the first time, and his eyes widen twice their size. Shock overwhelms him and only after a few moments of processing that the dead Kim Jongin sits in front of him, is Yixing able to speak.

“J-Jongin?” He asks frantically, still unable to believe his eyes.

“Hello, doctor.” The called one greets curtly.

A moment or two slip by, and Yixing narrows his eyes at his old friend.

“What brings you here?” He asks, while trying to sound neutral, but fails at it immediately.

Because Jongin won’t tolerate betrayal anymore. “I’m here to prove that I’m alive. I believe you were the doctor in charge of the tests in proving the corpse was me or not.”

Yixing’s mouth drops and he leans backwards on his seat, looking at the younger man in awe and confusion.

“Jongin, I–” He tries to go on with his excuses, perhaps, but Jongin cuts him off in midsentence.

“I know the truth, Yixing. I know about you, about Han, and about Yi Fan. And because I’m not an outsider whatsoever, allow me to say how disappointed I am in you.” Jongin’s voice is icy cold, while Yixing narrows his eyes at him. “He’s your brother, who always took care of the three of you. And yet, you don’t even pay your respects to his ash? Is this how you show your gratitude?”

The doctor’s face has paled considerably and he cannot utter any petty excuse. The main reason is because Jongin is telling the truth. He’s heard about Yi Fan, and his trading company inherited by the youngest, but for someone to throw it into his face, it stings.

“Why should I? I mean, he didn’t even show up at Han’s. In the end, nobody from that prestigious and hateful family did. I had to bury my brother with my own two hands. And did someone care? Of course not. They were busy to play ‘pretend’.” Yixing’s voice shakes ever so lightly, as he tries to keep his rage under control. Nobody would understand.

Nobody.

Jongin scoffs at his words. “I think you forgot to include the fact that it was your dearest fraternal twin who caused Yi Fan and his own downfall. And the truth about me being alive was also kept hidden because of the two of you. I know you plotted against Yi Fan, Sehun, and I, but…” At that, Jongin rises from his seat. “I will put an end to this façade. With Yi Fan’s ash scattered all over Chinese soil, Sehun forever scarred and me missing out on ten precious years from watching my son, I will make sure to catch you.”

It’s not a threat, although his voice is menacing. Jongin knows that most of the deed is irreversible, for nothing will bring Yi Fan back to life, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter