Oath of Silence

The Witch and Me

This is what The Covenant did to me.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

The ear-piercing sound of the school bell rang throughout the hallways indicating that class hours have ended. The students noisily got off their seats while dunking their notes and books in their bags in a lightning speed. The room 3-A was almost empty except for four other people; the taller one was looking at the sleeping girl beside her, the other was contemplating on her seat while other one was ‘patiently’ waiting.

 

“Kwon…….” One girl hissed.

“Hold up a second Kim, I’m figuring out how to wake up this sleeping beauty.” The taller girl replied.

“What about if you give her your ‘kiss of death’?” Taeyeon suggested in a raspy tone.

“What about if I give you a ‘knuckle sandwich’?” Yuri retorted.

“What about if you give it a try?” The annoyed blonde girl kept her face calm and her voice low yet deadly.

The jet black-haired girl laughed softly in her seat; of course she wouldn’t do that nor give a try. Challenging Kim Taeyeon is like accepting death, Kwon Yuri knows her limits.

“We can’t leave her like this, what if something bad will happen to her. My conscience won’t take it.” Yuri pleaded.

“There is no ‘we’.”

The two new comers were oblivious of the red haired who was looking at their direction, specifically the taller of the two. Tiffany Hwang never felt hesitation when getting what she wants and right now Kwon Yuri is number one on her ‘to do list’.

The red haired girl mustered up all her courage and memorized the basics of Flirting 101 at the back of her head. She got up from her seat and ily strode her way to the taller girl’s chair and sat shamelessly at her arm chair.

Yuri looked up, a little bit surprise while Taeyeon took a side glance, both girls showed no interest. Tiffany got annoyed and insulted by the lack of attention coming from the tanned girl and also from her companion. Usually, in a scene like this, Tiffany Hwang has everyone’s attention; boys treat her like a goddess.

Her pride wouldn’t take this. Not giving up, she tried step number two, a step she’d never used before.

Her eyes diverted to Taeyeon’s direction before putting her plan in action.

“Hey se—“ her seductive plan got cut off when Taeyeon stood up and kicked hard on the sleeping girl’s chair that surprised Yuri and even Tiffany.

“Why the hell did you do that KIM? That was disrespectable of you!” Yuri stood up, she was furious but the moment the tanned girl left her chair, Tiffany’s arse hit the cold floor hard.

“Awwwww.” Tiffany’s eyes started to tear up as she massaged her aching . Feeling bad for the red haired girl, Yuri tend to her and assisted Tiffany to stand which included the tanned girl’s arm wrapped on her waist.

“Thank you.” Tiffany showed her eyesmile.

Kind of a win-win situation minus the aching . Tiffany almost celebrated, thinking she won touchdown. Yuri being a kind-hearted person flashed a small smile.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything in the entire commotion and stayed still on her seat.

“Who kicked my chair?”

The sleeping beauty suddenly rose up; her blonde locks covered her reddening face, her fingers were all curled up as this black aura engulfed the whole room.

Tiffany shivered while Yuri gulped.

Nobody messes up with Jessica Jung’s sleeping time, even Taeyeon’s poker face faltered.

“I said WHO KICKED MY GODDAMN CHAIR!?”

And Jessica loses it.

 

 

 

.....................

 

 

“I told you she’s feisty.”

“Shut up Kwon.”

“Nice handprint though, Kim.” Yuri teased, pointing the evident red hand mark that printed the shorter girl’s baby white skin.

“Whatever. Connect Im and Liu to meet up at the Secret Courtyard.”

 

Taeyeon walked ahead, slightly pissed on what happened back at room 3-A. She held her redden check, still hot and sting a bit.

 

 

“That Jung girl.”

 

 

.....................

 

 

 

In a damp candle lit room with deep crevices running the brick walls, along of dusts and cobwebs in every corner. Tattered century old books and writings were arranged in one line.

Three silhouettes could be drawn from the poor lighted dank room.

“How’s the first day of class?” Yuri asked the two figures who were leaning on the wall.

“Interesting.”

“Nothing much worth telling.”

Yuri laughed thinking about her and Taeyeon’s first day.

“Is there a pun?” Amber asked confusingly, wondering why the older tanned girl was laughing by herself.

“Ah, nothing much worth telling.” Yuri mimicked Yoona’s answer then laughed more.

Yuri’s hysterical laugh was replaced by grunts as she was pushed hardly against the wall by a fuming Im Yoona.

“Woah! Chill hotshot.”

“Never make fun of me, Kwon.” Yoona warned, tightening her grip around the tanned girl’s neck.

“Quit it Yoona.” Taeyeon ordered.

 Yuri grasped for air when Yoona released her hands on her neck. The older girl knows how anger easily seeps to her system and how mad Yoona can be when provoked. Even though, Yuri is much stronger than Yoona, she will never fight back nor hurt the younger. It’s like a friend’s code and the younger has anger management problems.

This is the real Im Yoona, far away from the Im Yoona who helped the nerdy girl she accidentally bumped with at the hallway. That side of Yoona, could rarely be seen and whatever this Seo Joohyun girl had that made the hot-headed girl different, is a mystery.

 

 

Four girls sat around a stone table. The youngest of the four, Liu Yi Yun or Amber has no interest to whatever will be tackled. She had enough and she has no business anymore to whatever Kim Taeyeon will say. Her mind right now is slowly drifting to that particular girl, she smiled thinking about her.

 

“Gather around, the descendents of the survivors of the Bloody Witch Hunt. It’s been a century that the hunting had been stop and laws had been made. The Hundred Years of War of burning and execution, our ancestors was put into silence, our Gifts.”

Kim Taeyeon, the oldest spearheaded the short notice gathering.

“What is this all about Kim?” Yoona asked in annoyed expression.

“What do you think IM?” The blonde haired girl asked, challenge in her voice.

“You tell me.” The younger girl barked.

“Don’t make me Im. You know what you did. We are in hiding; the Council of Elders has their eyes on us. And look what you did.”

Every words coming from the oldest mouth, were like venom.

“Don’t tell me that weird feeling of someone using The Gift---.”

“Yes Kwon, that time in class. It’s her.”

 

Amber didn’t know what to say, truth to be told she is angry at what Yoona did. It’s exposing their selves, the reason they flew from England to South Korea was to hide and be in peace. Living in England for how many decades like normal teenagers was put in a stop when Witch Hunting started once again, even in modern day like this. One by one, their people were slowly found dead or missing.

 

“Something happened okay? It’s not my intention to expose where we are. And I did it on a good purpose.” The accused sternly defended her part.

 

“There is only way to put things in order once again, to make things clear and to avoid this mistake. We can’t afford to be known, we had enough. A century of pain, cruelty and hiding like a vermin, the injustice of the society to the descendents of the Bloody Witch Hunt.  We should make an oath, an oath to forbid the using of The Gift in any means.

 

 

 

 

The Oath of Silence.” Yuri stated.

 

 

 

 ----------------------

 

 

This story is short. Forgive me :(

 

but comments are highly appreciated.