Breakdown

100 Degrees Celcius

 

 

 

[A/N The font for the text messages will be different than the rest of the font.]

 

‘Yo Sungmin! It’s Kibum! I’m at a love hotel with Seohyun and I think she is ready to have . I mean, I read Mir’s magazines and I have the condoms Kyu gave me, but I don’t know what to do. Please help me! I am so desperate!’

 

Ryeowook frowned as he stared at his phone screen. This stupid boy thinks he is texting my innocent Sungmin. Why the would he ask Minnie for advice? Just what I ing needed. First, Yesung cheats on me, now this kid wants advice. I will not take this anymore!

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Kibum sighed with relief when his cell phone buzzed, alerting him he got a message. Oh, yes! Thank you so much Minnie! He then opened the message and started to read.

 

‘You got the wrong number. But be a man and don’t ask your friends for advice. Follow your gut.’

 

Kibum stared at his phone in confusion. Wait...that wasn’t Sungmin? ! Who is this?

 

“Kibum, is everything ok?” Seohyun knocked on the bathroom door.

 

! ! Ok. Think Kibum, think. Be a man like ‘mysterious text guy’ said. Ok. What would Mir do?

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

“Yah! I said I just bumped my head lightly when I slipped at the pool!” Kyuhyun growled as Leeteuk took out the first aid kit.

 

“Kangin hurry! Our baby boy is hurt!” Leeteuk shouted. A stomping sound was heard as Kangin rushed in the living room, where Leeteuk had Kyuhyun sitting on the sofa.

 

“What happened?!” Kangin placed his arm on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Leeteuk removed the bandage from Kyuhyun’s forehead and gasped.

 

“Omo! My baby! How did this happen?”

 

“Umma. I’m alright. For the gazillionth time, I slipped and hit my head.” Kyuhyun mumbled while staring at the ground.

 

“So you are saying that after 14 years of swimming and no single accident, you suddenly slipped and hit your head?” Kangin asked suspiciously.

 

Leeteuk stared at Kyuhyun intensely, “You know that you can never lie to me.”

! I can’t let them know that it was that stupid Professor Kim who accidentally did this! Wait...why am I even worried about that? But...I did defend him earlier. . What do I do?

 

“Fine. I did not slip. But what happened was an accident, arasso? No need to fuss any more over this. I am ok.” Kyuhyun smiled softly and hugged his parents.

 

“Aigoo! My precious baby boy! Fine. Umma will not pester you with who hurt you, but please promise me you will tell us if you are hurt again, arasso?”

 

“Arasso”

 

“Good baby” Leeteuk kissed Kyuhyun’s freshly bandaged forehead and walked to the kitchen. Kangin sat there next to Kyuhyun.

 

“Kyu, I am letting this one slide, because you keep assuring you are fine. But if anyone ever hurts you, I will kill them”

 

“Appa. There is no need for such extreme measures, I am fine!” Kyuhyun giggle nervously and hugged Kangin.

 

Next Day

 

“Sungminnie, are you ready?” Kyuhyun waited for Sungmin’s nod and slowly let go of him and watched him float.

 

“Kyu! I’m floating!”

 

“Deh! Great job Sungminnie!”

 

Kyuhyun slowly approached Sungmin and placed his hand on his back, “Remember, keep your back straight and relax”

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Ryeowook smiled as he saw his little brother floating. This is incredible. For years Umma, Appa, and I have tried to help Sunmin with swimming and this punk Kyu got him floating in a matter of days.

 

“Yah Sungmin!” Kyuhyun shouted as Sungmin splashed water at him and giggled.

 

His giggling laugh is so cute. It is deeper sounding than YeYe. Ryeowook felt his chest tighten. No! I can’t think of that cheater! He stared at his phone. He had 87 missed calls from Yesung.

 

“Wookie! What the happened? Why has Yesung called me a billion times crying?” Heechul startled him.

“Aigoo Hee-ah! That bastard cheated on me!” Ryeowook choked out as tears began to flood down his eyes

 

“Wait. Wookie calm down.” Heechul pulled Ryeowook to his office and closed the door

“Tell me what happened”

 

“He…” Ryeowook sniffed, “He cheated on me!”

 

“He did what?!”

 

“I...I went to see YeYe. No! I mean, that bastard after Minnie’s practice…” *sniff* “and he...he...had someone else in the apartment...calling him baby! Yesung told me to leave immediately” Ryeowook broke down.

 

Heechul hugged his friend tightly. That ! No wonder he kept telling me to tell Ryeowook sorry!

 

“Hee-ah, Yesung replaced me..was I...was I not good enough?” Ryeowook sobbed

 

“You are more than good enough Wookie! That piece of just doesn’t know what he has! Or...had.Wookie you are so special! Do not forget that! You are too valuable to cry over that er!”

 

Wookie stared at his hands. I thought I finally I had someone who cared about me and understood me like no one else. Why did this happen? Why did my YeYe do this to me?

 

Ryeowook gently removed Heechul’s arms from around him. “Classes will start soon. I need to wash my face”

 

Heechul worriedly stared at his friend as he walked out of the office. Aigoo. Wookie is already perceived as cold. I hope this doesn’t make it worse.

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

 

Kyuhyun sat down on his desk and stretched his arms and slowly touched the bandage on his forehead. That bastard Professor Kim better be grateful for all the times I covered his .

 

His thoughts were then distracted when Ryeowook slammed the door shut and sharply walked towards the front of the class. His eyes were a little puffy and his face was stern.

 

Kyuhyun stared at him. I wonder if something happened between him and that Yesung guy. Sungmin was crying out of worry about that the other day.

 

“Everyone put everything away with the exception of paper and a pencil! I hope everyone has been reading the chapters like you are supposed to, we have a pop quiz!” The class groaned at their teacher’s orders.

 

Kyuhyun frowned. What the ?! Why do we have a pop quiz all of a sudden? I didn’t finish reading the chapter last night because Umma wouldn’t stop fussing over my forehead.

 

Ryeowook glanced across the class to make sure everyone was ready with their paper and pencil, “Very well. I want you all to draw, label and explain the function of the different organs of the respiratory system.

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

In English class that day. [A/N There is a change in font when they “speak English”]

 

Kyuhyun sat on his desk in a defeated slump. . I definitely bombed that exam...I only remembered the organs, their name and location. And well I know what lungs are for..duh. If I fail this test...Umma is gonna kill me.

 

“Kyuhyun!” “Kyuhyun!” Kibum shouted until he finally got his attention.

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“Yo! You were lost in space! I've been calling you!”

 

“Sorry Kibum. But . I failed that Kim’s quiz today”

 

“What?! Cho Kyuhyun fail? What happened to the Real Kyu? Is this my friend? “

 

“Yah! It's all his fault! Umma would not let me study since he kept on pestering me about my forehead”

 

Kibum leaned close and whispered, “But wasn't that Professor Kim’s fault?”

 

Kyuhyun looked around to make sure no one was listening, “Deh. And that is why I will demand for a retake”

 

“Aigoo. Professor Kim has a reputation around the school though! He will never let you retake it!”

 

Kyuhyun smirked, “We'll see about that. Anyways...what were you saying earlier?”

 

Kibum’s face turned red and he gasped, “I took Seohyun to a love hotel”

 

“Bwoh?! What happened? Did you do it?!”

 

“English please Mr. Cho! And what did Kibum do?” Mr. Stawsky came inside the classroom.

 

Kibum turned brighter red than a tomato and sat stiff.

 

Kyuhyun stood up, “My chingu Kibum was talking about how he finally figured out how to learn English more efficiently”

 

“Oh? How are you doing that Mr. Kim?”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Kibum who only shook his head in panic.

 

“Ummm. He is watching ‘Gossip Girl’ with Korean subtitles!”

 

Mr. Stawsky stared at Kibum, “Well that certainly is clever. Ok class! I want everyone to talk write an English paragraph about your favorite animated movie!”

 

Kyuhyun sat down and extended his hand to Kibum for a high-five. But Kibum punched his arm.

 

“Yah! What's that about? I saved your ert from being exposed” Kyuhyun hissed

 

“Gossip Girl! Really? Out of all American TV Shows, you chose Gossip Girl?!” Kibum hissed back

 

“What. Chuck Bass is hot” Kyuhyun grinned

 

“Aigoo! Now everyone thinks I watch girly melodramas!”

 

“At least they don't know you had !”

 

Kibum stared blankly at Kyuhyun.

“Ummm”

 

“Wait...did you do it?”

 

“Umm…”

 

“Please don't tell me you did not take Seohyun to a love hotel and did nothing!”

 

“We did do something!”

 

“What did you do?”

 

“Umm. We played bingo.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed in defeat. “You are gonna end up single”

 

“No I'm not”

 

“Yes. You're gonna be like: annyeong, I'm Kibum and I'm y, free, and single and ready to bingo!”

 

“What the Kyuhyun!”

 

“What? It's true. Only you would take your girlfriend to a love hotel to play bingo”

 

“Shut up. How do you say The Little Mermaid in English?

 

“Why?”

 

“Because your English is flawless and that is one of the best movies of all time!”

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

After swimming practice Kyuhyun walked to Coach Heechul’s office.

 

“What's up kid?”

 

“I'm not a kid I'm an adult”

 

“You are barely 18, calm down. What's up?”

 

“I need to leave early to see Professor Kim”

 

Heechul squinted his eyes, “why?”

 

“Because...I needed to ask him for help with my studying…”

 

“Oh. Ok. Go ahead. But watch your language kid! Show some respect to superiors!”

 

In the anatomy classroom

 

Ryeowook stared in disbelief at Kyuhyun’s paper. This kid failed! Ha! He isn't as perfect as he pretends!

 

Kyuhyun knocked on the door and bowed.

 

“Mr. Cho, what a surprise. Your quiz grade was even more surprising!”

 

“About that...I was not able to study much since my Umma kept pestering me on the injury you gave me”

 

Ryeowook froze. . If his parents know I'm definitely fired.

 

“Don't worry. I didn't say you did it. But because I did not have time to study and obviously did bad on the quiz, I wanted to know if I could retake the quiz”

 

“I have a policy. You cannot retake the quiz”

 

“But I couldn't study!”

 

“That's not my problem”

 

“Yes it is!”

 

“No. Talk to your Umma about not pestering you.”

 

“That wouldn't have happened if you hadn't caused this!” Kyuhyun pointed at his forehead.

 

“You should have been more careful and not let Sungmin drown!”

 

“Sungmin told me to leave him alone! I was about to help, but you came screaming frantically!”

 

“Because he is my little brother”

 

“Well you should have been calmer! I'm in charge of teaching him how to swim, not you!”

 

Ryeowook slapped Kyuhyun, “Shut the up you entitled brat! You don't know anything!”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook in shock. His left cheek felt like it was on fire.

“I don't know what your ing problem is, but you can't just ing hit me whenever you are mad at me!”

 

Ryeowook broke down crying, “Everyone hurts everyone anyways! Why bother acting nice huh? You are nice to each other, then you start to like each other. You finally open yourself up after many years of keeping to yourself, and then they hurt you in the most cruel way possible! Tell me, why should we even be nice to each other!”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, “Does this have anything to do with Yesung”

 

Ryeowook froze and looked at Kyuhyun with bloodshot eyes.

 

“How do you ing know?!” he hissed

 

“I…I don't reall.”

 

“Tell me! Are you the one that was in his apartment, huh!? Is that how you know!?You ing bastard! Did you know that he was cheating on me with you!?” Ryeowook pushed Kyuhyun against the wall with a tight grip on his throat.

 

Kyuhyun panicked and started to cry. Ryeowook then realized what he was doing and let go. Kyuhyun fell down gasping for air.

 

“Omo! I'm so sorry, are you ok?” Ryeowook touched Kyuhyun’s arm

 

Kyuhyun flinched and backed away.

 

Oh no. He is scared of me now.

 

Kyuhyun remained on the ground and started sobbing.

 

“Kyuhyun. I am so sorry. I acted completely out of character and lost my composure. I never meant to hurt you. Please forgive me.”

 

Kyuhyun kept his face turned away and continued to cry.

 

Ryeowook’s chest felt heavy. The ice in his heart melted at a speed faster than light. This poor kid. He just wanted an opportunity to retake an exam, because of my reckless actions. And now I completely terrified him.

 

Ryeowook kneeled down next to Kyuhyun and hugged him from the side. Kyuhyun tried to squirm away, but Ryeowook held him tighter and patted his head.

 

“I am very sorry for what happened. I know I have no excuse for choking you, but I just want you to hear me out. Yesung, my boyfriend, and I have been together for a year now. Just a couple days ago I found out he has been cheating on me. I have not been myself since.”

 

Kyuhyun stopped crying and turned to face Ryeowook, “I'm sorry to hear that Professor Kim”

 

“You don't need to say sorry. You did not do anything”

 

Kyuhyun looked at the ground, “No, but I understand how you feel”

 

“Yah kid, someone cheated on you?”

 

“No, but I know what it feels like to be betrayed by those you love the most”

 

I wonder of this kid has a history like me… No. Stop remembering them. You have Umma and Appa now. They won’t hurt you.

 

Ryeowook turned towards Kyuhyun and stared at him. His neck was visibly red and turning purple. Ryeowook frowned and traced the marks on Kyuhyun’s neck with his fingers.

Just what did I do to him? How could I do this to him. My heart feels so heavy seeing those marks on his neck.

 

Kyuhyun held his breath. What the hell. This guy almost killed me right now, and now I feel sorry for him. And every time he touches my neck...it feels hot! What is going on?!

 

“You need to see the nurse. You need to get yourself checked out”

 

“I’m fine”

 

“No. You have to go. Want me to take you?” Ryeowook helped Kyuhyun up.

 

If he takes me to the nurse and people are gonna start talking again.

 

“No! Ummm...thank you. I can go myself” Kyuhyun started walking out of the classroom.

 

“Come in tomorrow at 6 am after practice to retake the quiz. This is a one time deal and you better not tell anyone” Ryeowook shouted

 

Kyuhyun turned around and smiled brightly.

 

“And don’t be late! If you’re late, you won’t retake the quiz!”

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Ryeowook stared at his new room. He decided to rent an apartment near the school to isolate himself from his family and their overwhelming concerns. Now I don’t have to worry about Yesung possibly coming to find me.

 

He stared at the pink bunny on top of his bed. Sungmin would only stop crying as long as he took his favorite stuffed animal. He picked it up and hugged it. You won’t hurt me will you?

 

His phone vibrated. It was another message from Yesung. Ryeowook sighed. I guess I can read what it says.

 

‘My sweet Wookie bear. I am so so so sorry for everything! What I did was just so stupid! It was a moment of weakness! Miahne! I never meant to hurt you! Please forgive me! I do not want to live a life without you! You mean everything to me. What happened between me and that person is dead now. I will never hurt you! I promise that I will always love you and protect you. Please give me another chance. Jaebal. Wookie, saranghae!’

 

Forgive you? Never meant to hurt me? Give you another chance? off ! Ryeowook turned his phone off and went to sleep.

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Kyuhyun stared at the clock while Sungmin practiced holding his breath underwater. Five more minutes and then I’ll go change to make it to Professor Kim’s class on time.

 

“Kyuuu! I held my breath for 30 seconds this time! Sungmin smiled sheepishly.

 

“Daebak Sungminnie! Keep it up and you will soon graduate to the 5 feet deep part of the pool!”

 

“Yay!” Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun.

 

“Aigoo Sungminnie you are too clingy!”

 

“No, I am just too loveable! My Hyung always tells me that.. Omo! Kyu! What happened to your neck?”

 

Kyuhyun looked down. The bruises on his neck turned purple and despite the fact that he wore a waterproof concealer that he bought from the store before coming to practice.

“It’s nothing Sungmin”

 

“Aigoo! How is that nothing?! Is that why you decided to wear makeup today?”

 

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin intensely, “Sungmin. I am ok. Please stop with the questions”

 

“Arasso. Please be careful Kyu”

 

“Deh” Kyuhyun turned around to look at the clock. 5:51 AM. ! The quiz! I don’t have time to change!

Kyuhyun rushed out of the pool, got his sandals, threw a towel around his neck and ran to the Ryeowook’s classroom.

 

Ryeowook was resting his eyes when suddenly he heard panting and a loud thud. He opened his eyes to find a shirtless and soaked Kyuhyun sitting on the front desk.

 

“Mr. Cho! What is this? Where is your shirt?”

 

“I didn’t have any...” *gasp for air* “time! I didn’t want to be late.”

 

Ryeowook shook his head and walked toward the storage closet and took out a spare change of clothes he always kept for emergencies.

 

“Here. Change into this and then you can take your quiz”

Kyuhyun nodded, took the clothes and went to change.

 

Ryeowook chuckled. Aigoo this kid. He is too cute for his own good. Ryeowook then shook his head. Aish! What am I thinking? He is my student!

 

After a couple of minutes, Kyuhyun walked in. The shirt was a little tight on him, and the pants were also tight. His ankles were on full display since the pants only reached down to his mid-calf.

 

Ryeowook started laughing, “Omo! Miahne, I guess we definitely are not the same size!”

 

Kyuhyun blushed. “Deh...Ummm... gamsahamnida. I will wash and return these clothes later on”

 

“Ok. Here is a piece of paper and pencil. Now I want you to draw, label, and explain the functions of the respiratory system. You better do it right, because I won’t give you any more chances”

 

“Deh seosaengnim!”

Kyuhyun sat upright and worked on the quiz.

 

After half an hour

 

“Professor Kim! I’m all done!” Kyuhyun stood up and walked towards the desk, where Ryeowook was sitting.

 

“Very well. We’ll see if you did any bet..”

 

“Ryeowook!” Yesung yelled as he walked in the classroom.

 

Ryeowook froze and stared at him. What the hell is he doing here?

 

Yesung ran and grabbed Ryeowook’s arm. “Wookie! Please forgive me! I promise I will never hurt you again! Please come and give me another chance!”

 

Ryeowook’s eyes widened and filled with water. I can’t believe this bastard came all the way to the school I work at just to say sorry.

 

Kyuhyun scoffed. Yesung turned around, “Who are you?”

 

“More like who the hell are you? You have no permission of being on school grounds without the main office pass. And they don’t open until 8 AM.”

 

“Shut the up kid! Get out of here” Yesung growled as he held Ryeowook’s arm tighter. Ryeowook winced in pain when he did that.

 

“Let. Him. Go!” Kyuhyun hissed

 

“What?” Yesung stood defensively

 

“Let him go!” Kyuhyun yanked Yesung’s hand off of Ryeowook’s arm and pushed him away.

 

Yesung stood up and glared at Kyuhyun. “You will pay you son of a…!”

 

Ryeowook smoothly moved Kyuhyun behind him and punched Yesung on the gut. “Get the out before I call security!”


Yesung dragged his feet out of the classroom, “this is not over.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for your support! Again, I am deeply sorry for the hiatus and will make sure that does not happen again! Aigoo, I know a lot of you don't like our Wookie to be so mean, but I promise that he will change<3 It has been years since WookiesLongLostTwin and I worked on this fic and I am so excited continue it! Thank you for all your love and support! We are so honored to have you all. 

Love,

~Hellena

Hey guys! Hellena said it all, but we're super happy to be working on this fic again. Please stick with us! We promise Wookie will be better :) It's all part of his character.

Stay Badass,

-Wookie'sLongLostTwin