First Encounter

100 Degrees Celcius

Water splashed chaotically out in a shaky spray as bodies cut swiftly through the smooth surface of the pool. Everyone cheered as their beloved Captain Cho Kyuhyun prepared to break yet another record for the school.

Heechul gripped the timer, his knuckles turning white as he stared intensely at his student as he approached the edge of the pool. The instant his fingers touched the edge, Heechul slammed the STOP button on the timer.

“58.26!!!!!! KYUHYUN!!! YOU ING LITTLE BASTARD!!! YOU BROKE ANOTHER ING RECORD!!!!!” Heechul shouted with euphoria once he looked at the time.

Cho Kyuhyun had set another record for the men’s 100 stroke, his previous record being 60.14 seconds.

Several hands lifted Kyuhyun’s exhausted body out of the pool; he was covered by a few towels given to him by his team mates, who were cheering endlessly. He immediately removed his goggles and cap to receive a hug from his coach.

Heechul pulled the boy closer and hugged him tightly, “You little er. Here I thought you weren’t going to pull off fewer than 60, but ! I ing underestimated you kid! At this rate, you will be an Olympic Medalist!!! A ing Olympic Medalist!!!!!”

Kyuhyun chuckled as Heechul ruffled his wet hair, “Yah, Coach! You are now soaked thanks to me”

Heechul looked at his drenched clothes and shrugged, “Aigoo. I’ll let this one slip because I underestimated you kid. Now go change! I won’t forgive you if you catch a cold!”

Kyuhyun smiled as he walked to the dressing room.

“YO! Mr. Record setter!!!! Wassup?!?!” Kibum, his best-friend, and co-captain playfully punched him on the stomach.

“Uhhhh! Kibum! I just set a record and you ing punch me?!” Kyuhyun scoffed as he massaged his stomach.

“Aigoo, don’t take it so hard man! That’s for scaring me! I was so nervous I thought I was going to pee!”

“You should have just peed.”

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Who do you think you are, eh?”

“I’m Captain Cho ing Kyuhyun of Seoul High School’s Swimming Team! What else?” Kyuhyun shouted while Kibum laughed.

“Aigoo Kyu, you seriously are some piece of work! Anyways, congrats! Now I understand why you decided to practice for an extra two hours every day…”

“Deh! I swear I am going to be in the Olympics one day, and I am going to prove that I, Cho Kyuhyun, am a winner!”

“Yah! Stop dreaming Cho, and get ready! School starts in an hour!” Kibum chuckled as he got his clothes to change.

“Aish Kibum! Why do you have to remind me?!”

“Because if I don’t, you will probably ditch on the first day of school”

“School is just a bunch of bull. I can smell the fecal matter as soon as I come near it!”

“Kyu, shut if before Coach Heechul hears you! I don’t want to do twenty laps again!”

“Arasso, arasso. You are such a wimp Kibum” Kyuhyun laughed as he got his clothes out of his locker and headed to the showers.

Kyuhyun placed his clothes to the side and stripped out of his uniform as he turned the shower on. The warm water hit his built body as he rubbed his arms. He had always been a skinny boy, but after he joined swimming, he gained muscle in his arms and legs, and even gained himself some abs. Despite being a total “lady-killer”, Kyuhyun wasn’t interested in shallow relationships with immature and plastic girls.

Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes once he was able to rinse the chlorine out of his eyes and hair. After scrubbing with soap and rinsing, Kyuhyun turned the shower off and dried himself.

Kyuhyun sighed as he put on a normal pair of jeans and the swimming team’s shirt; he was not looking forward to the first day of school.

“If I could only come to school and swim instead of attending those crappy- classes”

Kyuhyun walked out of the showers towards the locker room where Kibum was waiting for him with banana milk.

“Kibum, daebak! I swear, if you bring this to me every day, I will love you forever!” Kyuhyun joked as he snatched the banana milk away from Kibum.

“Yah! If you only love me for the banana milk, forget it!” Kibum scoffed.

“You are so sensitive…No wonder Seohyun likes you so much. Anyways! How’s it going with her? Have you hit the jackpot yet?”

Kibum smacked Kyuhyun right on the forehead causing the other to fall.

“Yah! Don’t talk about Seohyun that way! Your foul mouth taints her name!”

“Aigoo…Kibum, don’t be so mean, but you know what I’m talking about anyways”

Kibum sighed and sat down on a bench nearby, “Well, last night, we were at my room…”

“Whoa!!! Congratulations Kibum! You are now a man!!!” Kyuhyun shouted.

“SHUT UP!!!!” Kibum placed his hands on Kyuhyun’s mouth, “Wait! I’m not done!!!”

Kibum waited for Kyuhyun to calm down and then continued, “Anyways, we were at my room and we were making out. Things were getting pretty intense and hot around us…but then…”

Kibum let a long pause that caused Kyuhyun to loose it, “But then what?!?!”

“Istoppedandaskedherifshewantedtea!” Kibum hid his face.

“KIBUM! You! You pabo!!! If she was there, and the opportunity was there, why didn’t you take it!?!?!” Kyuhyun sighed not knowing what to do with his friend.

“Yah! Don’t get mad at me Cho! I just…I don’t know what I’m supposed to do…”

Kyuhyun stared at him, not getting what Kibum meant.

“I mean…eh…How do you have exactly?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he stared at Kibum for a while and then burst out laughing, “AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Omo Kibum!!! Don’t tell me you don’t…AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

“Yah! I’m being serious!!!!” Kibum punched Kyuhyun in the stomach to shut him up.

“Aigoo, well dude. I think you forgot who you are talking to….” Kyuhyun said facetiously

“Why?”

Kyuhyun face palmed himself, “Kibum, did you forget I’m gay? How in the world am I going to know how to have with a girl!?”

“Oooh yeah!” Kibum face palmed himself.

“Yeah…so just look at some or something. Just ask Mir, I’m sure he carries those videos with him sometimes…”

“Chincha? Well then…he IS the biggest ert on the team…”

“Deh. Well, when you know what to do, just do it with Seohyun, or whatever. But don’t tell me!”

Kibum squinted his eyes,”Weren’t you the one asking me if I “hit the jackpot” and then got mad at me for not doing it?!”

“That’s different. It’s my duty as your best friend to make sure you become a man soon.”

“A chi cha! This guy… well what about you, eh? Have you hit the jackpot yet?”

“Ani. I’m a different case. And about hitting the jackpot, I never will”

“Bwoh?!”

“Whenever I ‘do it’ I’m not going to ‘hit the jackpot’, I’m going to ‘Make Love’ ”

“Aigoo Kyu…you are still so cheesy…It disgusts me”

“Shut up! I need to go get my schedule with Coach. I’ll see you right now to compare classes” Kyuhyun grabbed his backpack.

“Yo, coach!” Kyuhyun walked inside Coach Heechul’s office.

“Yah! You disrespectful rascal! When I’m in the office, I am Mr. Kim! Don’t forget I’m also this school’s counselor!”

“Aigoo, arasso. Mr. Kim, can you give me my schedule?”  Kyuhyun sighed

Heechul chuckled and then looked through the drawers until he pulled out a white sheet of paper, “Here, look at it well. I am not changing your classes, arasso? Now get out! You stink of chlorine!”

Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out before running out of the office.

“Lets see… First Period: Senior Anatomy, Professor Kim Ryeowook. my life! He is the most ing hated teacher at this school!!! Aigoo…lets see next period. Oh, great! Calculus….…I don’t even wanna know what teacher that is… Ok, third period…Economics. Wow. Heechul, you er! Why do I have to take that class if I want to be a swimmer?!?!?! Fourth period, Koran language. Oh! Its Professor Taeyeon! Oh, that’s good. She is one of our best teachers! Alright, fifth period, culinary arts….Culinary arts? …I cant even cook ramyun…. Oh well, as long as I get to make kimchi, I’m good. Arasso, sixth period, Spanish with Mr. Martinez. Is that a Mexican name? Aigoo… alright, seventh period, English with Mr. Stawski. Hmmm, never heard of him…He is probably another boring American. And eight period, of course! Swimming!!!”

After looking at his schedule, Kyuhyun ran to the locker room.

“Kibum! Got my schedule! Gimme yours!” he shouted

“Yah! Lets see. I hope we have at least one class together!” Kibum took out his schedule.

They both held out their papers together and scanned the documents.

“Oh! We have Spanish and English together!” Kibum shouted enthusiastically.

“Deh…oh well. At least its something” Kyuhyun shrugged.

The school bell ran and everyone hauled to their classes.

As a great athlete, with great stamina, Kyuhyun made it to class a minute after the bell rang.

“Excuse me sir, I appreciate the fact that you want to come to class on time, but you must behave correctly and not run here, arasso?” a petite feminine-looking man said to Kyuhyun sternly.

“Yes” Kyuhyun bowed and said in honorifics.

Kyuhyun sat down in the back row as the other seats were soon filled in by more students.

Once the tardy bell rang, the petite man locked the door and stood in front of the class.

“My name is Professor Kim Ryeowook. You will only address me as Professor Kim. Welcome to my Senior Anatomy class. Because this is a senior-level class, you will also be studying the physiology of the body. Now, being completely honest, who did their summer homework for this class?”

Numerous hands shot up as soon as he asked. Kyuhyun was spacing out as he looked at all the posters of the body and models there was in class, and didn’t hear the question.

Ryeowook noticed that right away and walked right to Kyuhyun’s desk, “What is your name?!”

Kyuhyun snapped back to reality, “Cho Kyuhyun”

“Well then Cho Kyuhyun, since my class is less important than the ual Organs Posters, why don’t you tell me if you have Fallopian Tubes?”

Kyuhyun stared at Ryeowook blankly as he was trying to process what he said.

Ryeowook turned around sharply, “Will anyone be able to help out Mr. Cho with this question?”

A cute girl with short, blonde hair raised her arm.

“Deh. What is your name and answer?” Professor Kim asked.

“My name is Lee Soonkyu. And the answer is no, only females have Fallopian Tubes”

“Thank you Ms. Lee. At least one person studied for the sake of their pride this summer”

A few students giggled at the comment. Ryeowook slapped the board in front of the class.

“Silence! No noise louder than twenty decibels will be tolerated! Now everyone, take out your Anatomy textbooks and turn to page ten”

After a forty minute lecture on the anatomical terminology, the bell for the next period rang. Everyone rushed out of the classroom. As Kyuhyun was about to walk out of the door, he was stopped by Professor Kim.

“Mr. Cho, I am aware that you are our school’s Swimming Team Captain, but I must warn you. If your behavior keeps up like this, you will not survive this class, which is vital for your eligibility and graduation requirements”

Kyuhyun nodded and bowed before taking off.

“Aish! Who does that bastard think he is?! He is not the king of this ty school!”

The day went on and Kyuhyun managed to go through his first six periods without dying of boredom. Next was his seventh period: English.

[A/N I will write in another font when they “speak English”]

“Hello ladies and gentlemen!” a giant white man with a red Mohawk and glasses said in English.

“It is a pleasure meeting you all! Welcome to Fourth-Level English class! My name is Simon Stawski, but you have to call me Mr. Stawski. And I actually come from Canada, for those of you who think I am some American”

Kyuhyun was actually interested in this giant and decided to pay attention.

“Alright, does anyone want to introduce themselves? Come on! I don’t bite! You will get an American chocolate if you do!” Mr. Stawski pulled out a Snickers Bar.

Kyuhyun raised his hand thinking “, why not? Kibum likes that crap”

“Alright sir, go ahead” Mr. Stawski said not knowing what to expect.

“Hello. My Name is Cho Kyuhyun. I am eighteen years old and I am this school’s swimming team captain” Kyuhyun said in perfectly fluent English.

“Wow! Great job, Mr. Cho! Here you go! A chocolate for your great English and for being brave!”

After the introduction, the teacher talked about how he came to Korea to become an English teacher with his wife Martina, and about how they adopted a dog they named “Spudgy.” Finally, the class ended.

Kyuhyun smiled as he headed towards the pool.

“Kyuhyun!” a bunch of girls approached him.

“Oh, hello girls. How are you?” Kyuhyun faked a smile.

“We heard about your new record! Congratulations!” the skinniest, probably the “leader”, said as she touched Kyuhyun’s arms.

“Ghamsamnida! Well, I must go to practice now if I want to keep setting records. Goodbye!” Kyuhyun wiggled himself out and ran to the pool.

As he took out his uniform form his locker, he realized he forgot to tell his Coach that his parents wanted to talk with him.

Kyuhyun walked towards Heechul’s office but stopped when he saw someone familiar in there.

“Heechul, it just feels so different now that Yesung got a new job. It is more demanding…”

“Don’t worry Ryeowook, Yesung got the position he wanted and he earns more money now”

“I guess… but he gets home really late now”

“Aigoo Wookie, just give it time”

Kyuhyun heard everything since he was eavesdropping on what his coach and anatomy teacher talked about. “Well. I guess that deserves to be treated like an .”

 

 

 

Hello you awesome people! Thank you for reading the first chapter of this fic! We are so excited for this fic and are shocked at how many subbies we had with just the foreword!!! I (Hellena) wrote this chappie, but it was beautifully edited by my bestie (WookiesLongLostTwin)! I hope you give us both lots of love! Please look forward to the next chapter, as this is her first fanfic chapter ever! (I seriously look forward for it as well^^) Thank you for reading!!!!!<3 *bows*

Love,

~Hellena

 

What's up readers! Thank you guys so much for reading this fic! As my bestie said, we were amazed at how many subscribers we got with just a forword! O.o I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter and look forward to the next chapter, which will be written by me. This will be the first time I write a chapter for a fic so I hope it doesn't dissapoint...  Regardless, thanks for all the support so far guys! 

Stay Badass,

WookiesLongLostTwin