Yep. Life's a

100 Degrees Celcius

That bastard Kim Ryeowook! I'll ing find a way to show him not to underestimate me, Kyuhyun mumbled to himself as he to the walkway that led up to the front door of his home. He opened the door to find his parents Leeteuk and Kangin. 

 

“Kyu! Welcome home! Dinner will be ready soon,” Leeteuk said as he finished cooking with his adorable dimple smile.

 

“Deh, Umma. I have homework to do, so I will be in my room,” Kyuhyun replied. 

 

“Good, you better keep it up” Kangin half praised as he looked up at Kyuhyun with a faint smile and then proceeded to skim through his paperwork.

 

“Oh! We got a call from Heechul about your new record. Congratulations! We're so proud of you!” His umma smiled and did an imaginary high-five.

 

“We are proud of you, son. But don't let swimming get in the way of your studies or else we will have to consider having you on the team” Kangin warned, glancing at Kyu from under his glasses. 

 

Kyuhyun mumbled a vague response and tried not to roll his eyes as he turned his back on the cold, sterile mood his parents gave the dining area and locked himself into the privacy and comfort of his bedroom. 

He plopped down heavily at his desk, yanking his anatomy textbook out of his backpack and flinging it open to the first chapter with a determined thump. 

 

I'm going to prove that ing Kim wrong! I'm gonna study this damn book and learn all this pointless   Just wait Professor Kim! You don’t mess with Cho Kyuhyun! Kyu ducked his head down and began to read. 

 

 

-A few days later-

 

 

Sure enough, as Ryeowook passed back the quizzes the class had taken the day before, every one bared a failing grade.

 

Except for Kyuhyun's.

 

As Ryeowook gave Kyuhyun his test back, he gave him a sharp, condescending glance.

Ha! Now I’ve pissed the bastard off! That’s what he gets for messing with me! Kyu smirked. 

 

Ryeowook took clipped steps to the front of the classroom. 

“I'm extremely dissatisfied with your scores on this quiz. I have high standards for my students and expect every one of you to pass this class. I will not tolerate slacking off.” Ryeowook swept a warning glance over the classroom.

 

Kyuhyun just leaned back, lacing his fingers behind his head, lifting the corner is his lips up in a cocky smirk. 

 

That little victory got him through the rest of his boring-as- day until he finally got to swimming. 

 

 

“AYY! CHO!! WHATSUP!” Kibum called, waving his hand frantically as he approached Kyu in the locker room. 

 

“Yo Kibum,” Kyu greeted him with a fistbump. He noticed a weird look on his best friend’s face when he came closer.

“You alright Kibum?” he asked a bit apprehensively.

“Me? Oh yeah, I’m great!”

Kyu stared at the goofy smile on Kibum’s face.

“…Are you high or something…?” Kyu asked with even more apprehension.

“Bwoh?!! No of course not you idiot!” Kibum blurted in response.

“Then what the is up with that stupid crazy look on your face?”

“My eyes have been opened”

“Open to what you spacey bastard?!”

“Well…let’s just say I borrowed some of Mir’s videos…”

“YOU DID WHAT?!!”

“It was your idea…so I could learn how to…you know…”

“I was ing joking you pabo!!”

 “Well, they were really awkward to watch…but at least I know how works now…”

“Aigoo Kibum…” Kyu sighed, amazed at how naïve this poor kid was.

“So when are you gonna hit the jackpot?” Kyuhyun smirked wickedly.

“Aish! I was thinki-”

“KYUHYUN!!! GET YOUR OVER HERE!!” Heechul was calling Kyu into his office.

“Guess I better see what he wants,” Kyu waved goodbye to Kibum as he walked out of the locker room and into his coach’s office.

“Anyeonghaseyo” Kyuhyun bowed as he walked into the room. Only afterward did he notice that his stupid Anatomy teacher was also standing in the room. He also saw that Heechul had his arm around a short, chubby cheeked boy with black hair and feminine features.

Heechul quickly got down to business. “Kyuhyun, this is Sungmin. He will be joining our swim team this year, and as the team’s captain, it’s your job to show him the ropes. Oh! And he is Dr. Kim’s little brother, so it’s in your best interest to treat him well and teach him what you know.”

Kyuhyun immediately turned to Ryeowook. The older man gave him a glare that was sharp enough to kill. He put a protective hand on Sungmin’s shoulder. I can’t believe I have to watch over this stupid kid. And he just had to be related to that uptight er Kim. my life.

Kyuhyun forced a polite smile onto his face. “Arasso, Coach. I will do my best to teach Sungmin.”

“Gamsahapmida Hyung!” Sungmin shouted gleefully. He had a genuine grin bunching his cheeks.

This kid must be one of those cute, bubbly, aegyo types. This is gonna be an interesting task…

“Alright Kyuhyun. I think Sungmin’s gonna be in good hands. Now I have to show him where the locker room and showers are. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Heechul steered Sungmin out of the office, leaving Kyu alone with Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun stared at his professor, who hadn’t stopped giving him the evil eye since he had walked into the room. Ryeowook took a step closer to Kyu. He grabbed a fistful of Kyu’s shirt and yanked him close until his mouth was right up against Kyu’s ear.

He whispered, “You better respect my little brother. Treat him like he’s a prince or an angel. If you do anything to hurt him, or make him cry, or if I see one scratch on his finger or hear him complain about you even once, I swear you will pay dearly. I will personally cut off your most precious ‘instrument’”

Kyu gulped loudly as Ryeowook let him go harshly.

“But I expect that won’t be necessary Mr. Swim Team Captain” he added condescendingly as he left the office, leaving Kyu to seethe in his own anger.

 That prissy, egotistic, overprotective er has a giant stick up his ! Who the does he think he is? He can’t threaten me like that! Hell! I wasn’t even gonna do anything to his precious little brother! What the flying does that bastard have against me?!

All he could focus on during practice was how much he hated that stupid Dr. Kim.

 

Kyu’s rage remained until the next day, and returned with full force when he saw Ryeowook walk into the Anatomy classroom, loudly shutting the door as he strode in. Kyuhyun’s eyes shot daggers at him from his seat in the back of the classroom. After taking attendance, Ryeowook stood up from his desk with a pile of papers. He tapped them briskly on the desk to straighten it up and began passing them out to the class.

“These are the instructions for your first project,” Dr. Kim prompted. “You are to construct a 3-D model of a body part and write a two page report on the structure and function of the body part you choose. The model should be as anatomically correct as possible and the report should be thorough, detailed and structured in a proper essay format. You will have to prepare a three minute presentation to explain your body part to the class. This project is due a week from today, so I suggest you not slack off. You will have this period to begin your research.” He sat down briskly at his desk and the class immediately got to work.

This stupid teacher and his ing work! I just got his stupid little brother stuck on me and now I have this ing project to worry about! Kyuhyun decided to worry about it later and slacked the whole period off.

 

His heightened pissiness finally left him when he got to his fifth period: Culinary Arts, where it was promptly replaced by dread.

 

“Alright class! We’ve spent weeks reviewing the basics of the culinary arts and reviewing safety precautions, now it’s time to put it all into practice! At your stations you’ll find all the tools and ingredients necessary to make ramyun! There’s an instruction sheet that should guide you on how to make the ramyun. If you need help, I’ll be glad to help if you need it. Today’s final product will be a grade, so everyone do your best!” Mr. Zhou, or as he preferred to be called, Professor Mimi, clapped his hands and walked ostentatiously to his desk.

Kyuhyun looked around the room. Everyone had a partner at their station, but his usual desk partner was absent today. He turned with dread to the materials laid out on his desk. How the am I supposed to do this?! Especially by myself! I’ve never cooked ramyun before in my life! Well, if I follow the instructions, everything should turn out okay…

Kyuhyun picked up the instruction sheet and read, “place two cups of water into the pot and put the pot to boil on medium heat” Well that doesn’t sound too hard… I just may be able to do this!

He found the pot on the counter and moved it over to one of the burners to his left. What the do I measure a cup with? Meh, it. I’ll just use whatever cup I find. It can’t matter too much, right?

Kyuhyun found a small glass in one of the drawers at his workstation and filled it twice with water, dumping the liquid into the pot. He the burner and waited for it to boil.

What’s next? He was feeling a bit more confident now.

“While the water boils, open the package of noodles and break the noodles into four pieces. This will make them cook quicker.” Kyuhyun did as the instructions told him. He looked over to check on the water. Why the heck it not boiling yet? Ahchicha! I’ll just turn up the heat a little bit so it goes faster.

In a few minutes, the water came to a boil and Kyuhyun dropped in the noodles. This is easier than I thought…

He continued to read the instructions, “wait until the noodles are mostly softened before adding the soup base and an egg.” Kyuhyun looked at the noodles in the pot. They had not softened a bit. It’ll be a while before I need to worry about that again.

Kyuhyun rested his elbows against the counter and rested his head in his hands. He lost himself in thought.

Only when he smelled something burning did he snap out of his daze.

! What the happened?!! He looked into the pot. The water had all burnt off and the noodles were a blackened mound caked to the bottom of the pot.

“Dear Shisus! Where is that smell coming from?!” Professor Mimi shouted as soon as he caught the smell of burning.

“I think it’s coming from Kyuhyun’s station sir!” someone said. Professor Mimi made his way quickly to Kyuhyun.

! Kyuhyun thought. Now I’m gonna look like a total idiot!

“Oh my!” Mimi exclaimed as he looked at the black clump in the pot. “Well… it’s been a while since I’ve seen someone massacre ramyun so badly…” he mumbled.

He turned over to Kyu, “Don’t worry too much about it! The art of cooking takes time to master! A few mistakes are bound to happen! An artist is not born but rather created! It is these mistakes that will make you all the more masterful in the future!” Professor Mimi threw his arms up and did a dramatic twirl as he continued his speech, already moving away from Kyuhyun.

Thankfully, the bell rang and Kyu sprang out the door.

Well that was bull! I hate cooking! And it doesn’t help that my teacher’s an artsy-fartsy lunatic! Aigoo… this day is not going well.

Unfortunately, the day didn’t improve.

 

Textbooks and notebooks were sprawled on the bed. Papers and sticky notes littered the floor, and in the middle of it all was Sungmin, pretending to do his homework. He was fiddling with his iPod, any thought of school long forgotten when he heard his brother’s voice talking to his parents in the living room.

“Things just aren’t the same anymore,” he heard Ryeowook say. “I understand that Yesung’s promotion is a great opportunity for him and that he’s extremely excited about it, but it’s taking up so much of his time. I hardly ever see him anymore. And when I do see him, all he talks about is his job- and he spends most of his free time doing extra work. It’s been weeks since we’ve done anything romantic or gone on a date or anything at all! I just feel unwanted, even though I know that’s an irrational feeling…”

“What if you tried moving in with him? Maybe that would give you guys more of an opportunity to be together, or at least motivate Yesung to dedicate more time to you,” Eunhyuk suggested a concerned look on his face.

“Ani umma…I don’t want to be a burden to him…”

Sungmin poked his head out of his bedroom to see join the conversation. His heart ached as he saw the miserable, lonely look on his brother’s face. I hate seeing him like this!

“I’m sorry Hyung! It makes me so sad to see you and Yeye hyung not doing well... I just wish you were happy”

All the faces in the living room turned to look at him at the sudden appearance of his voice. Ryeowook’s face softened into a smile at the appearance of his younger brother.

“No Minnie, there’s no need for you to apologize. These are my issues and there’s no need for you to worry about them, okay?” Ryeowook was touched by his brother’s worry, but he didn’t want his own ed up love life to screw up his family’s life. His problems where his own.

“Well, appa says we put aside this heavy talk for some other time. Right now, let’s have dinner!” Donghae interjected.

“I second that!” Eunhyuk shouted, showing off his gummy smile and carrying out a tray of glass dishes each filled with a huge scoop of strawberry ice cream.

“I decided that tonight we’d be starting dinner off with dessert!”

“Yay! My favorite color ice cream!” Sungmin clapped in excitement and ran to sit down at the dining table.

“Shouldn’t you judge ice cream by its flavor not its color?” Donghae teasingly asked, knowing full well what Sungmin’s response would be.

“It’s pink! I love everything that’s pink!” Sungmin giddily responded, already digging into his ice cream.

Donghae just laughed in response before asking Ryeowook if he would be joining them for dinner.

“I actually have quite a bit of work to grade, so I’ll eat later on,” he responded.

“Okay. I’ll leave a plate, and your ice cream, for you in the fridge. You can come warm it up when you’re ready.” Ryeowook just gave a small nod before heading to his bedroom.

 

With a sigh, he flicked on the light to his bedroom and surveyed the room. It’s so illogical for me to feel lonely. Yesung’s not ignoring me on purpose, he’s just busy. I can’t let these stupid feelings get in the way of my work!

Willing all thoughts of Yesung out of his mind, he sat down at his desk and pulled out a stack of papers- an assignment his students had turned in that day. Ryeowook quickly got into the rhythm of grading. He came across Kyuhyun’s paper about halfway through.

He smirked. This kid… He began to grade, his smirk getting bigger as he continued. Aigoo…this kid got a perfect score. I swear he’ll be the death of me. His smirk slowly melted into a smile as he moved the paper aside. I don’t know what’s up with that Kyuhyun, but he’s definitely not what I expected.

 

Kyuhyun stared at his Anatomy textbook before deciding to actually open it. I guess I better get started on that stupid project that Kim assigned. He plopped down on his bed and opened up his textbook with a shove. The book slipped open to a page with pictures of all the body systems. He glanced at the page and a wicked grin spread across his face as he got a brilliant idea.

 

One Week Later

Ryeowook’s eyes scanned the class as he walked into his classroom the day the first project was due. He nodded as he quickly assessed the models perched on each student’s desk.

But when he saw what was on Kyuhyun’s desk

his jaw dropped.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

What's up readers! Finally an update! I'm sorry it took so long... school and life got kinda crazy and Hellena and I had some trouble finding time to work on the story and stuff... But fear not! We'll pick up the pace soon ^^ As aforementioned, this is the first chapter I've ever witten for a fic. EVER. I hope it's not to bad for a rookie author. And it definetly would not be as amazing as it is without the mind blowing editorial skills of my dear co-author! Thanks everyone for reading and commenting and subscribing! Stay tuned to find out what exactly Kyuhyun's project is a model of...

Stay Badass,

*WookiesLongLostTwin

Annyeong! Sorry to barely post my comment here^^ Aigoo....my co-author here is great, neh? I'm so glad to receive such great feedback! I promise that the next chapter wont take so long! Please look forward to Kyuhyun's project!<3

Love,

~Hellena