I Don't Even Know Anymore

100 Degrees Celcius

There was a warm cup of coffee and a handwritten card in Ryeowook’s hands as he walked into the pool room.

I’m such a jackass… I hope Kyuhyun will forgive me for what I said to him. Coffee can’t really make up for that, but it’s a start at least.

As Ryeowook walked into the pool area, he stopped cold.

Kyuhyun was with Sungmin, holding him up in the pool water. Kyuhyun said a few words that Ryeowook couldn’t hear, and he let Sungmin go.

And Sungmin began to drown.

Ryeowook dropped the items in his hands and launched himself into the pool, frantically swimming to save his little brother. Once he reached him, he tore Sungmin out of the water and sat him on the edge of the pool. Sungmin sat sputtering and coughing violently. Ryeowook whipped his head around to look at Kyu.

“What the ?! Where you trying to kill him? You ing bastard!”

Kyu looked at him wide-eyed, stuttering, “But I was…he told me…I thou-“

“Shut the UP!” Ryeowook cut in as he swung his arm viciously back, accidentally smacking Kyuhyun right in the chest.

Kyuhyun fell.

His head thumped loudly on the edge of the pool.

When he looked up, the was blood streaming; gruesome, wet and slick down his face.

“Kyu- *cough* -hyun!” Sungmin gasped, “Hyung, what did you do?! He was just letting me try to swim on my own. I told him to let me go. He was there to help me if I started to drown!”

Once again, Ryeowook stopped cold. Oh . What the did I just do?!

Kyuhyun was sitting, his body tense and face frozen from the shock.

“Hyung, you have to help him! Take him to the nurse! Hurry!” Sungmin shouted, flailing his arms frantically.

Ryeowook finally snapped out of his daze and shot up, sweeping Kyuhyun into his arms, bridal style. He turned back to Sungmin.

“I’ll be fine Hyung. Go” Sungmin reassured.

Ryeowook took off running to the nurse’s office, passing the spilled coffee and drenched letter on his way there.

*****************************************************************************************

Kyuhyun was resting on a bed in the nurse’s office. Ryeowook was waiting outside the door, leaning against the wall, head thrown back, eyes closed.

I’m such a heartless bastard. I keep hurting that poor kid. I have to apologize. Now. Before I end up being a to him again.

Ryeowook sighed and heaved himself up of off the wall. He walked into the office, making his footsteps as silent as possible. He quietly peeked into the room Kyuhyun was in; he was lying there, breathing softly, his face tranquil. Ryeowook stepped in cautiously and dropped into the hard plastic chair next to Kyuhyun’s bed, propping his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. He sighed once again and turned to look at Kyu.

“You must hate me,” he told Kyuhyun, not expecting an answer, “and I can’t blame you.” “I’m not even sure how we’ve turned into each other’s enemy. I don’t even remember how this all started, or who started it, or why you’re always in the wrong place at the wrong time or how I always end up hurting you. I wish we could start over again. I don’t want to hurt you anymore.”

Ryeowook stood up and took one more glance at Kyu before leaving the room.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes just a bit to see Ryeowook walk out of the room. He had heard everything, and wasn’t sure what think about it all.

“At least he doesn’t know that I heard him…”

 

Ryeowook spotted the nurse shuffling papers and went to her. He tapped her shoulder. She turned around, a pleasant smile on her face. “May I help you, Sir?” she asked.

“Yes. I was wondering about Cho Kyuhyun. How severe are his injuries? Will he be okay?” Ryeowook asked, trying his best to hide how much how he cared.

The nurse gave him a puzzled look that quickly faded back into a pleasant smile. “Kyuhyun? Oh yes, he’ll be just fine! It’s really just a scratch. Head wounds tend to bleed a lot, making them seem worse than they actually are.

Ryeowook stood first in shock, then in anger. That brat! Making me think it was serious!

He turned sharply, stomping to Kyuhyun’s room. He turned into the doorway, ready to scold him once again. But he stopped when he saw Kyu resting peacefully. Ryeowook’s features softened.

Aish…this kid…You only bring trouble, you know?

He turned around, thanked the nurse for helping Kyuhyun and walked to his classroom.

Kyuhyun kept pretending to be asleep.

******************************************************************************************

I hope Kyu is okay… Sungmin wondered as he was getting dressed after the accident.

Sungmin looked down and saw his backpack open and spilling over on the floor.

“Omo! I should pick that up before my homework falls out!” He leaned down to retrieve his backpack and heard the rustle of paper spilling out onto the floor. He closed his backpack and turned back to pick up the papers that had fallen. But they weren’t his papers. They were Kibum’s magazines.

“Omo! What were these doing in my backpack?! Did Kibum put these in here? I have to return these to him before they cause any more trouble!”

Sungmin bent to pick up the magazines, but they slipped out of his hand and landed back on the floor. One magazine landed open.

Sungmin jumped back and squeaked, covering his eyes with his hands, not wanting to look at the open magazine.

He stood like that for a few moments before cautiously leaning forward over the magazine. He opened his fingers the tiniest bit and peeked through the gap they made.

His eyes widened at what he saw.

He stared.

Slowly, he bent down and moved his hands from his face. He turned the page and his eyes widened once again. He flipped the page once more.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT??!!”

Sungmin jumped and looked up to find a furious Heechul glaring at him, his hands on his hips.

Heechul leaned down and snapped the magazines up from the floor. He gave them a weary once-over and held them with two fingers as if they were filthy.

“Where did you get these?” Heechul asked.

“I...I…”  Sungmin stammered guiltily. He looked down, breathing heavily.

“Please don’t tell Ryeowook- hyung!” Sungmin pleaded to Heechul, clasping his hands together to emphasize his plea.

Heechul looked down sternly at the panicking Sungmin. His face softened.

“Okay. I won’t. But you know that you shouldn’t be looking at these sorts of things. They’ll pollute your innocent mind. I better not catch you with anything like this ever again. Understand?”

“Ne! Gamsahapmida Seonsaeng-nim!” Sungmin stood up and bowed.

Heechul gave him a slight smirk before walking out of the locker room. Ahhh… our Sungminie is becoming a man!

He stepped into his office, closing the door behind him and plopped into his desk chair.

Unlike Sungmin, I am a grown man and have earned the right to look at these magazines, Heechul thought to himself.

He leaned back in his chair and opened the first magazine.

******************************************************************************************

“Are you sure you’re okay to go? You can stay here and rest for a little longer if you wish.” The nurse asked Kyuhyun before he went to his last period. He really didn’t have to go. There was almost no point in showing up to his last period since he’d missed the whole school day, but for some reason he wanted Ryeowook to see that he was okay.

“Ani. I’m fine. Gamsahapmida” Kyuhyun bowed to the nurse as he walked out of her office.

When Kyuhyun made it to his anatomy class, they were working on an assignment Dr. Kim had just given out. Kyuhyun went up to Ryeowook’s desk. Ryeowook looked up from the papers he was grading. His eyes met Kyu’s for a moment before he looked down, grabbed a worksheet and handed it to Kyuhyun without looking back at him.

What was that all about? Kyuhyun wondered as he sat down at his desk. He looked at the worksheet and sighed. He wasn’t in the mood for work.

“What happened to your head Cho?”

Kyu looked up to see the boy who sat next to him gesturing at the bandage on his forehead.

Several students turned to look at Kyu, waiting for an answer.

Ryeowook’s head shot up once he heard the question. Crap! If he tells them what happened, my reputation will be ruined… I could lose my job, or worse…

Ryeowook panicked as he watched Kyuhyun from his desk, anxiously awaiting his response.

“I fell in the pool room this morning during practice. I hit my head against the edge of the pool. It’s not bad, just a scratch” Kyuhyun said calmly.

“Oh. Well it’s good that you’re okay. Be more careful from now on” the boy responded. The other students that had been watching nodded and turned back to their desks. Just like that the class returned to normal.

Ryeowook stared at Kyuhyun in astonishment. I can’t believe he lied. It would have been the perfect opportunity for him to rid himself of me. I wonder why he didn’t do it…

Ryeowook continued to look at Kyu, working quietly at his desk. He noticed Kyu’s perfect pale skin.

What about the cut though? Won’t it leave an ugly scar? Will it ruin Kyuhyun’s milky white skin?! Omo! What have I done to him?! He began to flail his arms manically around in panic.

 “Dr. Kim? Are you alright?” a girl sitting in a desk at the front of the room asked.

Ryeowook stopped suddenly, his arms in the air. He looked confusedly at the girl for a moment before snapping back into his usual composed demeanor.

The whole class stared at him.

“What are you all looking at? Return to your work. There is no time for you to be distracted.” Ryeowook said in the most authoritative voice he could muster.

The class wearily turned back to their work.

 

Ryeowook sat back down at his desk and rested his head in his hands.

What is this kid doing to me?

******************************************************************************************

Kyuhyun noticed something was different as he was walking through the halls the next day.

There was whispering as he walked by.

“That’s the guy right? The one Dr. Kim was carrying?”

“That looked so gay! I can’t believe he let himself be carried like a girl!”

“Right? You know, he walks kind of funny, kinda swinging his hips…”

“You think he could be gay?”

“What about Dr. Kim? He could be the one who is…”

Kyu stopped. He had had enough.

“Shut the UP! You have no idea what you’re talking about! He was just trying to help me. He did what any decent person would do. Not that you ers would know anything about decency.”

The whispers stopped and the guys who had been talking stopped and stared at Kyuhyun.

He wasn’t done.

“You shouldn’t talk about people if you don’t know anything about them or what they’re going through. Especially if they’re a teacher. Learn some respect you degenerate bastards.”

He a heel and walked away.

I can’t believe I defended him… I mean, we’re enemies, right? But I couldn’t stand to hear them talk about him that way. I should be more worried about myself… They’re starting to suspect that I’m gay……if they find out I am…crap. It will be the end of me!

What’s happening to me?

******************************************************************************************

Crap! What do I do now!

Kibum was sitting on a bed in a hotel bedroom wringing his hands, staring hopelessly at Seohyun who was smiling pleasantly.

Seohyun turned to look at Kibum and smiled awkwardly. “Did you know that sweet potatoes are the official vegetable for North Carolina” she asked.

Kibum looked at her confusedly and shook his head no.

! What do I do now?! I thought I was ready for this! I finally found out how this works when I borrowed Mir’s magazines! Achicha…maybe I’ll ask Kyu!

“Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom. I’ll be right back.”

Seohyun couldn’t even get a response out before Kibum slammed the bathroom door closed.

Kibum pulled out his cell phone and dialed Kyuhyun.

The phone rang.

And rang.

Come on Kyu, pick up…

The call went to voicemail.

! Maybe Sungmin can help me. I’ll text him.

He composed a message and sent it to Sungmin’s number.

I hope I remembered that number correctly…

******************************************************************************************

Ryeowook’s phone buzzed, letting him know he had a text message. He didn’t recognize the number. He read the message.

“What the is this?”

 

 

 

Hey guys! I'm sorry this update took so long... School's been a lately -_- Why does our Wookie keep hurting Kyu? Are they starting to feel differently about eachother? You'll find out soon! I promise we'll have a new chapter up sooner next time XD Thanks for sticking with us so far ^^

Stay Badass,

-WookiesLongLostTwin

P.S: Hellena and I have testing this week so wish us luck! Hwaiting!