Four; Finale

Are You Human? [Sequel to Jekyll and Hyde, It's All Me]

"There's nothing wrong with your knee, just a little over exhaustion and perhaps a bruise from the fall but you're alright. You can leave after the drip finishes." The doctor finished the diagnosis and analysis and left the room.

 

I looked around, and realised Hyerim wasn’t around. Luckily, a nurse was still in the room.

“Excuse me, do you know where did the girl that came along with me go to?”
“The pretty girl? She fainted on the way here and she got sent to another ward.”
“Faint… fainted?”
“Yeah, her condition was somehow worse than yours. She was really exhausted. What did she even do?” The nurse talked to herself a little before leaving the room.

 

Hyerim fainted? How did that even happen? I stopped her before she closed the door, asking her for the number of Hyerim’s ward. I decided to walk over to visit her.

 

//

 

I opened the door and Hyerim was still sleeping soundly on the bed. Although she was pretty, her sleeping posture was a total turn-off. Instead of sleeping like a beautiful princess, her limbs were sprawled everywhere over the bed, she was half snoring and half drooling. I took a chair and sat next to the bed, waiting for her to wake up.

 

The slight hand movement from Hyerim woke me up. She was propped up using her pillow, sitting up on her bed as she shook me to wake me up. She smiled at me as I rubbed my eyes, getting a clearer picture of the beauty in front.


“You fainted?”
“Yeah, I’m not sure how and why but yes I did.”
“Doctors say you were too tired. How did that happen?”
“Uh…” Hyerim seemed like she had something to say, but her words refused to come out of .
“Just say it. You know I will force you to say it anyway.”
“Well, the fans were scary, I never worked much in my life, chasing fans away from you guys. The pressure they gave me because they knew I was Singaporean was too humongous for me I guess, so I overworked and got too stressed up. So I fainted.”
“You don’t have to work so hard. You’re just here because I asked you to.”
I patted her head.

 

"So you healed me."

"I don't even know what I did!"

I chuckled at Hyerim's absurd expression.

She did save me, with some power that we just found out half an hour ago. Perhaps she was nowhere near human at all. I called Hakyeon to check up on healing powers in our world. Perhaps Hyerim was also a double personality.

 

I decided to ask Hakyeon to come over to visit me, one was to ask him about why Leo appeared, another reason was because of Hyerim. It is unusual for a human being to be able to hear Empathy and Empathy with us, people with split personalities, but we put it off as her being a “Special Starlight” that had a “connection” with me. Now, she healed my knee. There must be something going on with her.

 

The boys arrived immediately after the concert ended, hoping to see me but all they saw was an empty bed since I was over at Hyerim’s ward. They suspected I was over at Hyerim’s room, so they came over. That’s when I had to divert everyone’s attention so I could Empathy with Hakyeon. Coincidentally, the nurse came in and chased everyone out of the ward because the members were creating a ruckus.

 

“Hakyeon ah, I have some questions regarding Hyerim…”
“Which is?”
“Hyerim healed my knee just now? I don't know how but she just did."

"What did she do?"

"She placed her hand on my knee when she was crying. When she placed it there, the injury simply never hurt. Is she abnormal like us?" I had many questions in my head.

"Taekwoon slow down. She is probably abnormal... to like you instead of me so yes she is abnormal." Hakyeon laughed at his own joke. Upon receiving my death glare, he continued on.

"If she could heal, she probably is a Healer."

"Thank you Mr. Obvious."

"No, I meant healing with a capital H. She has the abilities to heal people. Every person who has a split personality has a Healer attached. The Healer can help to protect people like us from hurting ourselves when we turn into our evil selves." Hakyeon explained in detail.

"But why don't you have one?"

"It takes a while to find the right Healer that belongs to you. Only the Healer that is yours can cure you. Besides, I can't go up to every girl and ask if she's the right one for me. That is absurdity."

I sighed. Is Hyerim my Healer for real? Will she get hurt? I was afraid, but relieved. Perhaps I have found the right one already, faster than Hakyeon but this takes fate right?

"But Hakyeon ah, she can talk you to using Empathy too, doesn't that mean she can Heal you too?"

"Have you forgotten that my powers are strong enough to put thoughts into people's minds?"

"Oh right." Hakyeon went on further to explain the world of us, the double personalities and the Healers, till I kind of fell asleep as he explained.

 

//

 

Hyerim had to stay in the hospital for another night while I was discharged the next day. l woke up and called my manager to help with the discharge procedure. Thankfully, with Hyerim's awkward translation, the procedure was done and I was free to go. I decided to stay with Hyerim, but there were reporters, making it difficult for me to do anything. Hyung then decided that I would go back to the hotel and stick to the members. I had no choice but to leave.

 

//

 

Are you discharged today? Come over to the hotel, I have some things I wanna tell you.

 

Hyerim saw the message on her phone as she changed back into her clothes from the hospital gown.

 

//

 

"So what do you want to tell me?"

"First, there are some things a Healer can do and can't do. Hakyeon will tell you more later. More importantly, you can only Heal me and not anyone else nor yourself. It's this linkage which only you and I have, making the Empathy possible."

"Okay... If you said first, there must be something else. What is it?"

I gulped a huge clump of saliva. This is it. Man up Jung Taekwoon, you're going to do this.

 

Even if I’m not a good talker,

please understand me.

 

I will tell you all of the truth that I’ve been keeping.

 

Do you remember the day we first met?

Your pretty lips smiled at me.

 

After that day, I was determined, that I never want to lose you from my embrace, that I will go till the end.

 

Saying I love you with words might not be enough but still I will confess to you today.

 

I wanna be with you, always from a step behind you.

Don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you.

 

I sang it. "Love Letter" by my own group, for that one very Special Starlight, who is going to be mine.

 

"Hyerim, even though we are connected in a very abnormal way, with all the Empathy and weird stuff, I feel another connection to you. The one that spells love. I love you, I don't ever want to let you go. You may be a fan, an international fan, but countries and ranks don't matter in love. Love overcomes all barriers and both of us know that. You saved my life, I want to protect you for life."

 

"Oh, but I'm the Healer?"

Hyerim was teasing me for once. I pinched her cheeks as she nodded to my confession.

 

//

 

"Eww, stop that at once! My eyes!" Hakyeon had arrived to discuss about Hyerim being a Healer.

“Hyerim, has Taekwoon told you about what a Healer is all about?” Hyerim shook her head in confusion.

“Well, being a Healer is pretty easy if you have a good partner, but you’re going to be tired since Taekwoon’s still not used to his powers.” I hear a soft chuckle from Hyerim.

“Healers come from the same realm as us, the double personalities. They serve as a protector, to ensure that their partners, the double personalities are alive. Once their partners die, Healers will die within the next 24 hours because they lose their identity. So you have two jobs, to keep Taekwoon alive and to STAY alive.” Hakyeon emphasised on the last word as if it was a warning to Hyerim. I see Hyerim swallow her saliva, I patted her back, to reassure her that everything will be fine.

 

“There’s one problem though.” Hakyeon continued.

“Which is…? She’s not gonna die anyway, we’re protecting each other.” I argued.
“In order for her to be a full-fledged Healer, she has to be Claimed, just like us.”
“Isn’t that easy?”
“Far from easy, the two of you have to admit your relationship to public. It’s a rule. This is probably why I haven’t found my Healer yet. Nobody wants me.” Hakyeon joked.
“We can’t do that.” Hyerim knew that it was impossible since I was an idol and it was in our contracts that we are not allowed to date.

“Which is why I said it is far from easy.”

 

“She can choose not to become a full-fledged Healer right?”
“Not exactly, if she is not a proper Healer, she does not have her full powers, you will die easily once you get hurt by a fellow double personality and she can’t save you.”

Silence engulfed them as the weight of his words fell upon their backs.

 

“Is there another way?”
“No one has ever survived the other way.” Hakyeon murmured.

“What is the other way?”
“It is to push Leo out and make sure Hyerim can defeat Leo, hence proving her powers. That way, Leo will also be locked up inside Taekwoon and will never appear again. But many people have tried that and most Healers end up dead.”
“They die?” Hyerim’s hands trembled.
“You won’t die. I promise.” I took her hands and stopped it from shaking.

“You’re gonna try it? Don’t be stupid, no one is going to survive!”
“WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.”

 

//

 

“Are you ready?”
“Nope.”

“Well, neither am I.”
“YOU GUYS HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.” Hakyeon mocked.

 

I breathed in and regulated my breathing. I felt the sharp pain in my chest once again, as Leo took over. At the same time,  I could feel Hyerim’s aura as she tried to focus her powers on me.

 

The dark aura of Leo clashed with Hyerim’s aura as she fought hard to push Leo back in without me helping. I could feel her aura getting weaker, drops of perspiration falling from her forehead.

 

Come on Hyerim.  

I… can’t… he’s too strong…

No, you can do it. Fight him.

 

At that moment, Hyerim’s aura got stronger. With her might, she pushed Leo back in and I took over once again. She won Leo.

 

Hyerim fell onto the ground with a thump, panting heavily as she tried to catch her breath.

 

"You alright?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"YOU SURVIVED!" Hakyeon was excited. This was a first in the double personality realm and this was going down in history, being the first successful story of a Healer getting Claimed by conquering the evil personality of the double personality partner.

“I need to call all the seniors! We did it!” Hakyeon flipped open his cellphone and contacted every double personality he knew.

 

"Hyerim ah, thank you for not wavering, thank you for saving me. Thank you for finding me and of course thank you for being you. I'll become a better person, someone who deserves you.” I was thankful for the happiness Hyerim has brought to me. I was never a person who laughed more than being poker-faced.


“Now I am Claimed to you…” Hyerim’s index finger rose to her jaw as she thought, while poking herself.
“You will never escape from me. You are mine now.” I jokingly said it, with a hint of truth that I do not want to leave her.

“Yeah yeah, I’m stuck to an idiot who doesn’t know how to smile more often for life. How amazing.” Hyerim nodded nonchalantly.

 

I started humming the tune of Jekyll, slightly chuckling due to the relevance of the lyrics. Hyerim stared at me oddly, and I took the chance to kiss her. The lyrics of Jekyll kept ringing in my head as I hugged her tightly.


 

You completely disarmed all of me

I think I’m losing control

There’s no way something this sweet can be bad for me

I want to love you

 

Are you human? How can you be so beautiful?

Look at that face that is smiling at me

Are you really mine? Is this all a dream?

I want to give you my all

 

(Why am I like this?) I wasn’t like this but I keep getting greedy

(Why is it like this?) The feelings get bigger

(Why am I like this?) A me that I didn’t even know has awakened

Because of your love


Because of your love Hyerim, I have found my love. I have found, you.

 

Authors' note: I am terribly sorry that this took too much time to finish. I couldn't think of a perfect ending (I never can ugh) but but but I hope this was okay for you guys! I honestly think Taekwoon is a sweetie and I'm sure he is a nice guy (although he doesn't show it) so this is really a portrayl of the sweet side of Taekwoon if he shows it. Also, this is from an idol's point of view, which is kinda hard, especially since he is a male, but I hope I sound like a male D: Thank you for upvoting and subscribing! Thanks for reading this sequel too! Love you guys for supporting! Do watch out for my next fanfic! ^^