Three; Contradictions

Are You Human? [Sequel to Jekyll and Hyde, It's All Me]

Out of pure curiousity, I looked up. Hyerim was controlling her giggles as she waited for me to sign.

 

You know, you don't have to queue right?

Yeah, but I enjoy queueing, it's so exhilirating. I get to tease you guys, especially you.

Okay... Since you're a Special Starlight, I'm going to give you a longer message.

 

"헤림아, This is your name in korean. Thank you for being my Special Starlight. 고마워."

I signed and moved the albums towards Hakyeon, who was the last since he was the oldest member.

 

//

 

The fansign came to an end and Hyerim wore her STAFF lanyard again. She led us back to the carpark where we took the van and left for the concert venue.

 

"Hyung, where are you going?" Ravi was being curious as usual.

"We are going to Singapore Indoor Stadium!" Hyuk shouted, despite us being in enclosed space.

"How did you know? Are you a spy?"

"Hyerim noona told me!"

 

Ravi and Hyuk contined to blabber as I looked out the window. We were already reaching the magnificent stadium that used to hold famous international stars like Andy Lau, Christina Aguilera and Show Luo.

 

//

 

"WAAAAAA, this is huge!" Hyuk was running from one corner to the other corner of the stage. It was indeed huge. The stadium itself could hold 10 thousand people at least, according to Hyerim.  

 

"How are we going to fill up so many seats? We only saw a few hundred of them just now..." Jaehwan was worried about the same thing as I was. It is impossible to fill 10 thousand seats. We are a rookie group, barely debuting a year. Holding a concert was pushing it but 10 thousand seats to fill? It is like mission impossible.

 

"I heard the ticket sales were quite good." Manager hyung came in. I heard Hakyeon in my head going "Thank God." and I looked at him. Hakyeon was pretending he said nothing as he looked around the stage.

 

"Let's start rehearsing! The earlier we start, the earlier we end!" Hakyeon clapped as we walked to our positions for our first song, Super Hero. I spoted Hyerim at the control station as I sang my part, staring at her as I sang.

 

We went through stage directions, song rehearsals, technical stage jumps and minor adjustments, finally we were done. I gave a look at my watch, it was already 2am.

 

We boarded the van and we went back to the hotel. Rest is needed to put up the best performance. Everyone fell asleep the moment we boarded, guess all of us are tired out from the rehearsal.

 

//

 

"Mic check, mic check, okay!" Jaehwan tested out his mic. It was D-day already. The clock struck 3pm as we entered the stadium for the second time.

 

//

 

"I'll be at the control station after you guys start the concert. If you're nervous, stare at me!" Hyerim announced as our stylist noonas started to help us do our hair and make up. It was already 5pm.

 

//

 

6.30pm. The crowd streamed in. Hyerim went to peek, and she came back with a smile on her face. I took that as a sign that many people were outside.

 

//

 

7.30pm. The concert was to start in 15minutes. I somehow felt this nervousness that I have felt before when I was Leo. I checked my eyes, they were changing colours every time I blink. Oh , Leo better not come out during the concert.

 

//

 

The beginning of Super Hero was remixed to fit in with the new stage we thought of. Ravi, Hongbin and I were to jump out from the bottom of the stage at our parts while Hakyeon, Jaehwan and Hyuk used the descending platform. As I heard the screams, I stepped onto the jumping platform. The song started playing and I counted down, 9,8,7,6...5,4,3,2...1... I was up in the sky and suddenly, I felt a huge stab on my chest. I lost control of my legs and I fell on stage. I knew my leg broke, Hyerim saw me from the control station and ran to the backstage.

 

Taekwoon, are you okay?

Yeah I think. Leo came.

Ya, Jung Taekwoon, control!

 

Hakyeon's voice was heard as he Emphathied while dancing.

 

The backstage crew quickly ran to the stage and carried me away while the other members cotinued to do the concert. Hyerim was already at the waiting room.  

 

What happened?

Leo came and...

 

I yelled aloud. The medic team was trying to see what's wrong with me and they found it, it was my knee. Looks like being an ex-national youth soccer player has cost me my knees a little. I was controlling Leo as much as possible but it seems like he was not even there anymore. Was it just my fear? I keep my mouth shut as they continued to examine me.

 

Over the cries and shouts for more help and calling the hospital, I comforted Hyerim, who was getting emotional.

 

Are you going to cry, don't please.

No, I'm controlling.

I held her hands and placed them on my knee, while comforting her that it's alright and my knee's going to fine.

 

She touched my knee for a while, somehow, a wave of relief came over me. The pain in my knee disappeared. I looked at Hyerim, who was still sobbing, her hand on my knee seemed to radiate a little heat as she touched it. She does not seem to realise what was happening at all. I touched her hand and lifted it away, the pain shot through my body like a bullet. I quickly placed it back and the wave of relief came back. After a while, I lifted her hand again but the pain disappeared fully.

 

Taekwoon, what are you doing?

Hyerim, are you even human? Do you know what you just did?  

No? What did I do?

You healed my knee.

That's crazy please. I touched your knee, not healed it. I don't have magic powers and I can't do voodoo stuff like you and Hakyeon.

That's the mystery isn't it?


We could not finish the conversation before the ambulance came. The ambulance arrived and picked me up, leaving he members to finish the concert on their own. I don't even know how is that possible, but deep down, the guilt within me that I couldn't be there to finish the concert hit me real bad. Hyerim accompanied me onto the ambulance. I was given some sleeping gas to rest myself so I was knocked out immediately once I boarded. But when the ambulance reached the hospital, there were 2 beds sent to the Accident and Emergency room.

 

[Author's note: So I decided that this has become kind of a long story. Because the story as of now has more than 10 thousand words already. This is no longer a one-shot (well it was kind of obvious already right?) and I hope you guys are still keeping this up with me as I write this. Thanks for the upvote and subscriptions! ^^ Love you guys!

 

P.S Does anyone like Crayon Pop here? comment if you do! heh]