One; Prologue

Are You Human? [Sequel to Jekyll and Hyde, It's All Me]

"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! REAL V! V I X X VIXX TV!" I mouthed the words as my hand gestured like the other 5 members. I don't like to open my mouth to do anything but eat and sing, I love my voice alot so I protect it. I am the main vocal and I should not pull the team down by singing sub-live during performances. Hakyeon was always the one talking, his voice is always enough to cover mine. Starlights know that I protect my voice, so they don't mind me not saying it anyway.

 

"We have 1 sad news and 1 great news today don't we? Ravi, how about you say the news?"

 

"Ah... We have ended our G.R.8.U promotions." Everyone put up a sad face, I simply could not do things like that. Maybe idols are meant to do these but I just want to sing. I gave the rest a poker face as they pretended to sob.

 

Hongbin then asked, "What is the great news then?"

 

Hakyeon smirked. "The great news is... VIXX is going on a world tour!"

 

Everyone sang "Congratulations, congratulations..." This was it, the world tour, my voice will be put to the test. A chance to meet all Starlights, and that one very special Starlight.

 

"Starlights! We are going to hold concerts at different countries and not different cities in Korea this time! Hurry and pen down the countries I'm going to say now, because these are the countries that we are going!" Jaehwan was being an idiot again, pretending to be a Starlight and taking out a notebook and a pen.

 

"First stop! KOREA of course! Then we will go to Japan, Osaka city! We will travel down to Taiwan, then to Indonesia, to Singapore, back up to Malaysia and we'll end at Philippines!" Hakyeon was instructing everyone to cheer, then he stared at me. I hate these things, but it was a world tour. It was a great milestone for us, I felt a little excited too, so I clapped a little. Hakyeon smiled at me. But all these while, I was thinking of how to meet that one very special Starlight.

 

"지금까지REAL V! V I X X! VIXX TV이였어습니다! Bye! See you at the concert my lovely Starlights! Sayonara!" Hakyeon tried to ramble off different languages of "bye" and failed terribly. The camera stopped filming and I went off to get my phone.

 

//

 

"BEEEEEEEEEP! REAL V! V I X X! VIXX TV!" Hyerim copied the same words as she watched the video. It was the 65th episode and being the hardcore Starlight she is, she would watch every episode. Today was not an exception. Hyerim's phone was vibrating but she could ignore it for a while, she needed to watch this first.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! VIXX IS COMING TO SINGAPORE!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! VIXX!!!!! SINGAPORE!!!!" Hyerim finished the video as she screamed her way after she heard 'world tour' and 'singapore', she ran to her phone and she saw a message from Taekwoon.

 

You probably saw the video already. Can't wait to see you. I mentioned you to the guys and they missed you. You're coming to the show right?

 

She replied with a huge YES and started jumping around.

 

//

 

"No."

"But Mom, this is the one and only chance I get to meet VIXX in Singapore! How can you not let your daughter go?"

"No."

"MOM!!!! I need to see Taekwoon!!!"

"You can go if you can pay for your own ticket."

"MOM!!!!!"

 

//

 

Taekwoon, I don't think I'm going.

 

I see the message and laughed.

 

Why not? You have backstage passes and front row mosh-pit seats.

 

Yeap, I went to my phone not only to message Hyerim but to also ask the manager for a ticket and backstage pass for Hyerim. I was finally going to see her after so many months and I was not going to waste the chance. We were going to stay in Singapore for a few days and that is not enough to compensate for the few months we missed.

I decided to spend as much time as possible with her, before I depart for another country, leaving her again for perhaps a very long period of time.

 

How did you even get me tickets?

 

I asked hyung. Go check your email, he says he has sent you the online versions. Print them and bring it to the hotel counter on the night before the first day. That's when we are arriving. Hyung will be waiting for you.

 

I replied quickly. I expected her to squeal around the room, jumping with joy. She sent me a video of her jumping around, proving my predictions. How much cuter can she get?

 

//

 

"Popular Korean Boy Group VIXX has arrived in Singapore earlier this evening, with a huge crowd of fans waiting at the arrival hall to welcome them. Let's take a look at the footage." Hyerim turned off the TV as she prepared to leave her house for the hotel. She was going to meet Taekwoon after so many months of waiting and seeing him on TV!

 

"Bye mom!" With a bang, her shoes barely touching the steps of the staircase as she skipped down and waited for the bus to arrive.

 

//

 

"Can I look for uh..." Hyerim realised she did not know VIXX manager's name. She cursed at herself for not knowing. She then spots a buff looking male wearing a snapback walking towards her.

 

"You... Hyerim?" Hyerim nods to the male. The male then signals her to follow. As she walked towards the tower, she notices a huge group of fans waiting with their own cameras, hoping to catch a glimpse of their idols. They then entered the lift and the manager clicked the highest floor.

 

As far as I remember, the top floor of this hotel is... the swimming pool. Hyerim was lost. Why was the manager bringing her to the swimming pool?

 

"45th floor." The automated voice of the lift announced. The manager walks out, beckoning Hyerim to follow. As she walks behind him, she slowly realised where she was going.

 

"Hyung!!!" Youngest member Hyuk waved frantically at the manager. Before he could finish his sentence, he gurgled water as Hongbin pushed him into the water.

 

"Ya, stop it you guys. We have a guest here. I'm sure you know who she is, please don't be too rowdy. I'll see you all tomorrow by 8am at the buffet breakfast." The manager stepped aside and left, leaving Hyerim with the 6 boys.

 

//

 

My watch showed 10pm as I walked over to the bar. I couldn't read anything on the menu except Soju, so I ordered it. Hakyeon was already sipping on some reddish weird concoction, which I found out later was called the Singapore Sling.

 

I was expecting Hyerim to come any moment now. She promised to come. I didn't have my phone with me, I couldn't text her. Smart move Jung Taekwoon.

 

I saw manager hyung walking over but there was a girl behind him. Hyerim was here!

 

Hyuk yelled his loudest "Hyung!!!"  to announce the arrival of our manager, like it was less than obvious. Hyerim appeared from behind, shy.

Oh damn, they are all topless

She was hiding her face from all of us, I couldn't help but chuckle at her innocence.

 

"Ya... Hyerim is here. You happy?" Hakyeon nudged me. But I simply nudged him back and shrugged it off. But inside me was a stomach full of butterflies.

 

“Hi Hakyeon!”

“Hello Hyerim, Taekwoon here has been drowning in his sorrow because you are late.”

I slapped Hakyeon’s shoulder, but my cheeks were flushing red very quickly.

 

“Hey Taekwoon..” Hyerim smiled, looking down throughout as she shifted the chair so she could sit down.  The creaky sound from the friction between the chair and the floor was so disturbing, so I stood up and helped her with the chair. She sat down with comfort while the rest of the members yelled and hollered as they tried to tease me about my gentlemanly act.

 

“Thanks Taekwoon.”

“No problem.” Hakyeon tapped on my shoulder and told me that he was going to go to the pools. I nodded, even though I wasn’t listening. I was too busy absorbing in the sight in front of me that I have long missed.

 

“Staring at the floor? Money down there?” I tried my best to crack a joke, but of course it failed. Hyerim looked up with her eyes closed.

 

“Y-y-you guys aren’t wearing any clothes…” I realised we were swimming so we didn’t wear any tops.

 

"Jaehwan ah~" I called for my other main vocal, but he was too busy playing with Hakyeon. I wanted to borrow his shirt, I didn't bring any up to the bar.

 

"Jaehwan ah~~" I tried again, to no avail. I could not help but sigh. Hyerim was already giggling.

 

"Jaehwan!" I tried to sound pissed but my voice simply spoke embarrassment.

 

Jaehwan finally turns around and he sees what I needed, he then threw his shirt over and I quickly wore it.

 

"There, now you can look at me." Hyerim peeked through the slits of her fingers, confirming that I have put on a shirt before putting her hands down with a sigh of relief.

 

"Finally... How long has it been since we've met?"

"It's not very long... Just a few months."

Her face seemed to lighten up at the moment of our conversation. We finally met and I was beyond happy, I bet she was too.

 

She was dressed so beautifully I could not take my eyes off her. She was such a special Starlight to me. With a star necklace that seemed to elongate her neck, she wore a knit pullover and white shorts, looking like an angel without wings.

 

"So... How have you been?" Way to start a conversation with a girl, Taekwoon.

 

How do I tell him that I miss him so much? Hyerim was contemplating as I chuckled. This girl forgot that I could read her mind and she could read mine.

 

Ya, I can hear you. Empathy remember? Hyerim stared at me, expecting a reply, then realising I was Empathing her.

 

Oh, shucks. You heard what I wanted to say right?
Yeap, you missed me huh?

Kinda. It not having to talk to you in real life since you were so far away. Our Empathy was so weak and I just missed talking to you.

Woah, that was honest. I missed you too Hyerim.

Can we not talk like this? I think Hakyeon can hear this.
YOU BET I CAN. YOU TWO ARE SO NOISY IN MY HEAD SERIOUSLY. Both of us laughed.

“Well, I guess we can stick to normal talking.” Hyerim tucked a wisp of her hair behind her, revealing her elf-like small ears.

“Yeah, so, where were we? Ah, how was school? Being an idol, I don’t get to study much. You need to tutor me!”
“Hmmm, school was pretty boring. I’m doing a course on management now, so maybe next time I can manage you guys with your manager oppa.”
“Oh? That would be really good, then you can stay by my side all day long and people wouldn’t notice much.”
“What’s there to notice? It’s not as if we’re a thing… are we?”
“Uh…” JUNG TAEKWOON WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, SAY YES!!! I was speechless at the moment. Were we a thing?


After a full minute of awkward silence, Hyerim looked at the watch, which happened to tick towards 11pm.
“It’s late, I have to go. I’ll come back tomorrow for your fan meeting.” Hyerim got up to leave but it was only one hour. The time we just spent was too short. I decided to do something rash.

 

Author's note: 지금까지REAL V! V I X X! VIXX TV이였어습니다! ==> ji-geum-gga-ji REAL V! V I X X! VIXX TV-e-yeot-seo-seub-ni-da! which means "until now, it has been real v, v i x x, vixx tv." ^^

 

[Real Author's note: I know this has been dragging, so here's part one of the story. Reason to why there's only part one now and not the full story is because I kind of spent my time on the bus writing during the exam period (as I mentioned in my description/foreword. So I managed to come up with a VEEEERY long introduction to the actual main point of the story. Yes, this part one is similar to what we call a Prologue in a book, so here you go readers! Please give me a few more days to a week, to finish up the super long and draggy story I did. I may upload part two soon, but definitely not the full story anytime sooner than a week! Sorry for the long wait guys! Have fun reading! If you like it, remember to vote up! Don't forget to give comments if you want to (: Thanks for subscribing and loving my story!]