Two; A beginning

Are You Human? [Sequel to Jekyll and Hyde, It's All Me]

“Wait, Hyerim. Can you stay overnight? You can take a bed, Hakyeon and I can share one. I want to talk more with you, you know, to catch up.” Damn, Hakyeon snores.

 

“Uh, you sure you want to sleep with the snoring leader?” Damn, I have to stop thinking, she can hear me.
 

“Yeap, now I can hear you loud and clear, like before.” Like before… ah those words tinkled.
 

“So is that a yes or no?”
 

“Yeah, okay. I’ll stay overnight.”
 

“Hakyeon ah.” I had to inform the leader right? Sadly, they were too far away. I walked over to the 5 boys, telling them about my plan, which they decided to cheer very loudly and congratulate me.

 

“Congrats Hyung! Remember to protect yourself! We need your vocals!” The youngest one had to tease me.
 

“How do we celebrate?” Ravi asked, his smirk coming out. Oh no, that’s a bad sign. Within seconds, I was drinking the pool water, being splashed with water by the other 5 boys. From afar, I could hear Hyerim laugh at us.

 

//

 

“You can sit on my bed while I bathe. Hakyeon is over at Jaehwan’s room. He decided to not ‘interrupt with our affairs’ whatever that meant.” I mumbled to Hyerim as I entered the bathroom.

 

As I bathed, I hummed a tune. Okay, maybe not hum, but rather sing. I was singing as though I was at my own concert, screaming the lyrics of my part and then mumbling at Ravi’s line as I sang our latest song Jekyll. Then I could hear the sound of a fanchant faintly from outside the room. Hyerim was quietly chanting the fanchant to keep herself busy as she waited.

 

//

 

“Cha Hakyeon, Jung Taekwoon, Lee Jaehwan, Kim Wonshik, Lee Hongbin, Han Sanghyuk, V I X X!” Hyerim chanted subconsciously as she listens to the soothing voice of Taekwoon while he bathes in the bathroom.

 

//

 

I came out only wearing a towel to cover my lower body, forgetting that Hyerim was in the room. Hyerim screeched as she saw my body (not that it was bad and flabby), covering her eyes.
“Aren’t fangirls always wanting to see the bodies of their idols?” I .
“Uh.. not… this close!” Hyerim stuttered badly. I found a shirt a fan gave and wore it, then I uncovered her eyes and stared at her.

“How about this close?” I went closer, we were now less than an inch away from each other. I could hear her deep breathing.

“Uh… what are you doing?” Hyerim was panicking, she stared and gulped a mouthful of saliva. I got back up and went to dry my hair.

“Just teasing you.”
“It’s not funny.”
“It wasn’t funny to you, but it was to me.” She pouted at me, and for a moment, I just stared at her lips. Her moisturized, small cherry-like lips, puckering up, as though waiting for a kiss from me.

 

I looked at the night scenery to distract myself. Please Jung Taekwoon, you guys aren’t even considered a thing and you are thinking of kissing her. Control yourself Taekwoon.

 

“It’s so beautiful… The night scenery… Is it always this beautiful?” I admired the night sea, as the ships sounded their horns, signalling to the lighthouse.
“Yeap, that’s Singapore for you. Always beautiful to foreigners.”
“Why the sarcasm?”
“Singapore isn’t pretty all the time. But yeah, it’s pretty now.” She walked over to view the scenery with me, then she realised how pretty it was. The stars shining brightly above, the horizon that disappeared, replaced with the moon, the lighthouse shining light for the ships for the ships to know their routes.

“Did you know? Starlights are like the lighthouse, they guide us VIXX, the ships, towards the future. Without you guys, we wouldn’t be here.”
“Oh yeah? Because we buy your albums and increase your album sales?” Hyerim tried to joke around.
“Yeah, pretty much that.” I looked at Hyerim, whose jaw had dropped. I laughed, quite hard for once, due to her adorable expression.


“You need to stop joking around and sleep. There’s the fanmeeting tomorrow and I don’t want to see an ugly Taekwoon tomorrow.” Hyerim made her bed and laid down comfortably.

“Even if I’m ugly, you’ll still like me. You’re my lighthouse.” Jung Taekwoon… get a grip. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward, and Hyerim turned, with her back facing me. She whispered a “goodnight” and she slept.

 

“Goodnight special Starlight.” I once last time before I fell asleep too.

 

//

 

“HYUNG!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!”

I rubbed my eyes and woke up. But the first thing I saw was Hyerim’s lips. Wait what? Weren’t we sleeping on different beds? What is going on? I jumped out of the bed immediately.

 

“HYUNG AND NOONA WERE SLEEPING TOGETHER!!!” Jaehwan yelled down the corridor as he woke up the rest of the members.

I checked my surroundings. I was on my bed, I didn’t move. So it was… Hyerim who moved over.

 

“What’s going on?” Hyerim woke up, annoyed by the disturbance of Jaehwan’s shockingly loud voice.

“Just Jaehwan. Uh… Do you sleepwalk?” I had to confirm this.

“Yeah, why?”
“You sleepwalked over to my bed, and we slept together yesterday night.” I felt my neck warming up, my cheeks burning red but I remained calm as much as I could. Upon seeing Hyerim’s shellshocked face, I relaxed a little.
“We WHAT?” Hyerim’s jaws dropped again.
“We slept together. You came over to my bed and we hugged each other to sleep.” I scratched the back of my neck, which was feeling very itchy all of a sudden.
“We didn’t do anything right?”
“Nope.”
“Okay good. Gosh, what time is it now?” Hyerim asked as she covers her eyes from the sunshine peeking in from the windows.
“About 9am? OH MY GOODNESS 9AM I AM SO LATE.” I was to get ready with breakfast eaten by 9.30AM. I quickly went into the bathroom to wash up and change.
When I came out, I saw a cup of yoghurt, 2 pieces of bread and a bowl of cereal with milk on the dressing table. A note beside wrote

 

Hey, eat this quickly and come down.

Your manager called me to prepare some stuff, so I can pretend to be your assistant for a day.

I’ll be waiting downstairs with the other members.

-Hyerim

 

I smiled as I chewed off half a piece of bread while changing. I stared at the mirror on the dressing table, my hair was in a mess. I called the room number of the stylist noona but no one picked up. Guess today calls for a hat. The time said 9.20AM, 10 more minutes. I slurped up the bowl of cereal and wore my pants. Then I realised, I did not have a hat for my outfit today.

 

//

 

“Taekwoon’s down-HAHAHAHA!” Hakyeon saw me coming down, and he burst into laughter the moment he saw me. Of course, what else can my leader do when he sees in a very bad hair day.

“Can someone lend me a hat?” I sighed as I flopped down on the sofa beside Hyerim and Hyuk, who were having an animated conversation about Singapore’s food.

“I have my equipment here, Taekwoon come over, I’ll do your hair.” The stylist noona saves the day, with her equipment, she made my hair in 10minutes.

 

“TADAH!” The stylist noona showed me my hair. Wasn’t the best, but for the 10minutes this was amazing.
“Alright. Before we set off for the fanmeeting. I would like to officially introduce our Singapore tour guide and assistant manager for the next few days. Hyerim everyone!” Manager hyung introduced Hyerim, who shyly stood up and took a little bow. The boys cheered like as though she was an idol too.

“Today is going to be hectic, but once we finish the fanmeeting, we need to rush to the concert venue and check out the stage and all. Prepare for a long day guys. Let’s go.” Manager finished his pep talk and we set off for the fanmeeting.

 

//

 

"Hyung, how many people are there here to see us?" Ravi the curious rapper was excited to see his fans.

 

"I don't know. Haven't seen the crowd yet. I am stuck here with you guys remember?" The manager replied with a nonchalant tone.

 

"I'll go see! I'm the one who can blend in best." Hyerim volunteered to check out the crowd.

 

"Noona's the best~ Noona's very pretty today." Ravi complimented Hyerim with his weird rap rendition of SHINEE's Replay.

 

I looked over to Hyerim, who was wearing a lanyard that said STAFF, but her face, she was all dolled up and her hair was styled by the stylist noona. She was so beautiful that the whole world simply was a background and she, was the main point of the picture, the picture in my eyes.

 

Hyerim got off the huge van and took the elevator up. 5minutes later, she came down with sweat dripping down the side of her face, panting.

 

"The... Fans... Saw my... Oh my god... Barbarians..."

 

"Slow down. Take a breathe then tell us what's the situation." Hakyeon patted Hyerim to calm her down.

 

"You guys better be prepared. There's a lot of people at the event. Not just the stage, but the entire mall is filled. Some of the fans saw my lanyard and they yelled while pointing at me. I freaked out and I ran all the way back here." Hyerim finished talking and the van was enveloped in silence.

 

"So... We have loads of fans right?" Ravi asked, to confirm the obvious facts. Hyerim nodded while panting.

 

Good job, special Starlight.

Yeah, good job Hyerim ah! Hakyeon interrupted into our Empathy. I need to constantly remind myself that Hakyeon can hear my thoughts too, damn it.

 

//

 

It was time to go into the mall and meet the fans.

"V I X X VIXX!" We did our team cheer and we got off the van.

We entered the mall from the back exit and came out at the makeshift backstage. We did our microphone checks, warmed up our vocals and went up.

 

We sang Jekyll as our opening song to hype up the crowd. As I sang my last note, the fans chanted the fanchant loud and clear. This was when I realised how many fans were there. There were at least a few hundred in front of the stage, then about another hundred on the other levels. The number of people here was amazing.

 

"안녕하세요 REAL V! V I X X VIXX 입니다!" The fans chanted along to our greetings, they knew this by heart.

N started his introduction, everyone cheered. Since it was according to age, I was next.

 

"Hello everyone, my name is Leo. Nice to meet you all. I love Singapore." Hyerim taught me a few words yesterday night on how to introdce myself and so I used them. The crowd cheered loudly as I am usually the one who refrains from speaking to protect my vocals.

The younger members introduced themselves and then the MC announced the start of the fansigning.

 

The MC also announced a bunch of other random things. If you buy one album, you get their signature once, you buy two you get to see them longer because they have to sign two albums. The Starlights cheered loudly at the MC's announcement as some brought our previous albums as well.

 

"You can purchase their albums here today, at the right of our stage! One album costs only $20 dollars today!" The MC announced. $20? Is that cheaper than usual? It sounds expensive.

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw Hyerim moving the tables onto the stage. Sighs, that girl is trying too hard to blend in. Hakyeon ah, let's help Hyerim Hakyeon gulped as he looked over. I never tried to Empathy on stage before. He nodded and both of us turned to help Hyerim and the other stuff. The younger members followed suit. The MC then praised us for being gentlemanly to help female staff. Ken took the chance to praise himself.

 

"I was always gentlemanly." He spoke as he winked at the crowd, who went crazy with his supposed adorable antics.

 

Thanks Taekwoon.

Hey what about me?

Thanks Hakyeon ah!

You're welcome special Starlight. I looked at Hyerim, giving her a slight smile. She winked back, acknowledging my smile. She winked.

 

The fansign went on and many Starlights came to support us, I received the usual food presents, clothes and some wacky cards and heartfelt letters. I thank each fan as I signed with my half grasped English. They squealed at the moment they saw me and I could not help but chuckle. It was such a special moment for all the members and the Starlights.

 

Time passed very quickly, and soon, the last fan came up for her turn. The CDs were passed down member to member very slowly and I was the second last member. It was going to take a while, so I decided to give some fanservice to the fans who were already back in front of the stage. I stared at each camera the fans were holding, hearing the shutter sounds from all over the place as the fans excitedly took their photos. The CDs came and I signed. Being the last fan she must have waited long so I asked for her name, as a fanservice.

"Hello, what's your name?" Silence came as a reply.

 

[Author's note: Here's part two! I hope you guys are enjoying this one-shot turned into too many chapters. HAHA. I would still refer to it as my one-shot sequel anyway. Thanks for subscribing! Don't forget to give a arrow up (vote for me) and leave a comment or two!]