Fainted

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)


I wandered around the foyer and admired some of the expensive-looking things. I turned towards the main door of the house when I heard it creak open. There entered another attractive person typing something on his phone. He’s obviously a member of EXO too.

He didn't really notice me standing by the fireplace because he just continued walking towards the stairs. I need to find Suho.

"Errrmmm... Excuse me?"

The boy was already halfway up the stairs. He turned around and saw me and his eyes were like why-is-there-a-girl-inside-the-house. He walked back down the stairs and placed his phone on the decorative table placed at the bottom of the stairs.

"Errrr... Ummmm.... I wasn't able to find Suho-ssi around the house and I think he's up at his room but I don't know where his room is." I was thankful I didn’t stutter as I told him this. I was really intimidated by his stare.

His curious stare faded and he grinned. "Hey, are you his girlfriend?! At last he got himself a girlfriend! And a pretty one I might add!"

Exactly how many times would I be mistaken as Suho's girlfriend today?!

"Oh. No. No. I'm Soo Jin. I'm...errr... I'm your new housemate." I told him.

His eyes widened and quickly bowed. "I'm so sorry, Miss. I didn't know you were Miss Lee Soo Jin. I’m sorry." He looked at me and smiled awkwardly and I saw the worry in his eyes as if I would fire him or something because he thought I was Suho’s girlfriend.

I laughed. "No, it's really fine. Please don't call me Miss. Call me Soo Jin.... and... You are?"

He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, how rude of me. I'm Jong Dae. Call me Chen." He said with a smile while still rubbing the back of his neck.

I grinned. "Hello! Errr... do you know where Suho-ssi is?"

"Oh. He's probably up at his room. Come let's go upstairs!" he said with a hint of excitement in his voice and I nodded. He climbed up the stairs again. I was about to climb up the and follow him when I saw his phone on the decorative table. I grabbed it and called him. He's almost at the top while I'm still at the bottom. Wow. Fast.

"Yah, Jongdae-ssi! You forgot your phone here!”

He turned back to me and jogged back down. I handed him his phone and our fingers touch. I flinched when he grabbed my hand and he looked at me in the eye.. When he noticed the nervousness on my face, he quickly let go of my hand and he rubbed the back of his neck again.

Yes, I know it ws awkward.

He placed his phone inside his back pocket and pretended it didn't happen, "Errrr... Sorry... I know where your room is. I can show you. So let's go upstairs?"

I nodded and also pretended like it was nothing. "Errr... Yes. Sure.”

We smiled at each other and went up the stairs together.

We reached the second floor and Chen showed me the long hallway. On the left side were seven doors and on the right side were also seven so fourteen rooms all in all. We walked along the hallway and as we passed by the first four doors, I noticed that every door had peepholes and under the peepholes were embossed names.

Chen and I stopped by the door without an embossed name and he turned to me. "So, Soo Jin. We've come to the main event. Your bedroom." He said pointing towards the door in front of us. "Your room is between Suho hyung and Kai."

I raised my eyebrows. "Kai? Who is Kai?"

Chen furrowed his eyebrows. For the second time that day, another person gave me the are-you-serious look aside from Tao. It was like Chen just couldn’t believe I didn’t know who that Kai was for heaven’s sake.

He sighed and dropped his thoughts.

"Kim Jong In."

"Oh..."

It's great, right? My room was next to the stupid bastard. I knew I needed to chill.. Suho's room was also next to mine so I didn't have to worry. 

"And also, Soo Jin, your room is across Luhan hyung's and his bedroom is between Sehun's and Kris' hyung. Did you meet all the boys?"

I shook my head. "No. I only met Sehun, Tao, Suho, Jongin and... you."

He raised his eyebrow. "You already met, Sehun? But he’s not here. How?"

I chuckled sarcastically but Chen didn't notice the sarcasm. "It's a long story."

He just nodded though it was obvious in his face that he wanted to know. "My room is just beside Kris's if you need anything. Just knock, okay? And I think I don't need to tell you where our rooms are since in every door there's a name."

|Chanyeol|              |Baekhyun|

|   Xiumin  |              |     Tao   |

|  Jongin   |              |  Sehun   |

|    Mine    |               |   Luhan  |

|    Suho    |              |     Kris   |

|     Lay     |              |    Chen   |

|    D.O.    |               |              |

I smiled and said, "Okay. Thank you."

He smiled back and went inside his room. When he was already out of sight and there was only me at the hallway, I sighed and faced my door. I had second thoughts whether I should open the door or not but eventually, I decided that I should.

I touched the knob when I heard muffled voices inside. It was like there were two people bickering inside the room. I turned the knob and the bickering stopped. I saw another two attractive boys with a frown on their faces but it faded when they realized that it was me.

The two were both holding a beautiful painting of a jasmine flower and they both held it as if they were going to attach it on the wall above the headboard of the bed.

The two turned to each other and the red-haired half-yelled at the brunette, "I told you we'll just place it inside the walk-in wardrobe not in here! The painting is too simple! There are better paintings downstairs!"

Then the brunette yelled back, "This painting matches the color of the walls! This painting would be perfect if we attach this above her headboard not at her walk-in wardrobe and besides there are not enough space in there!"

As they continued bickering, I examined the room. It was pretty obvious that the two were the ones who arranged everything inside the bedroom because there were still unopened boxes placed across the room that contained God-knows-what and the bedroom was still too spacious.

The bedroom had three doors. The one would lead you to the bathroom, other would lead you to the walk-in wardrobe and the last door made of glass would lead to the balcony.

I turned around when I felt someone walking towards me. There was the attractive brunette boy. He was towering over me. It made me feel embarrassed because of my height.

I smiled at him and bowed. "Annyeong haseyo! Je ireum-eun Lee Soo Jin imnida. Call me Soo Jin."

He smiled back and also bowed. "Annyeong haseyo, Soojin-ssi. Je ireum-eun Park Chanyeol imnida. This is Byun Baekhyun." He said the last sentence while pointing at the red-haired standing behind him who was also smiling at me. The two of them were obviously tired because there were sweats rolling down  the sides of their handsome faces.

I smiled at the two of them.

"I'm sorry because we were really noisy earlier. We were just arguing on where we would place the painting." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"No. It's alright. I found it cute though. You two look cute when you're arguing like five year old kids." I honestly said.

Their cheeks started to turn red. "Jeongmal? You think I'm cute?" Baekhyun asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course!" I said while nodding.

Chanyeol frowned at Baekhyun. "Pabo. She also said I'm cute. Don't flatter yourself too much."

Baekhyun gave him a glare but after a few seconds, he turned to me and smiled. "You are probably tired, Miss. You can rest here and when it's already time for dinner, we'll just ask someone to wake you up."

I nodded. "Thank you, Baek. You two should also get rest."

Baekhyun smirked at me. “I like it when you call me Baek.” And he winked.

I heard a groan and I saw Chanyeol with an annoyed expression on his face. It was cute.

“Oh, for Soo Man’s sake, Baekhyun! Stop flirting with her. It doesn’t suit you!”

Baekhyun smirked at Chanyeol. “You’re just jealous, Chan. Admit it already! You don’t like it when I flirt with other girls.”

Chanyeol’s annoyed expression turned into a disgusted one. “For Soo Man’s sake, Byun Baekhyun! I’m freaking straight, alright!”

Baekhyun shrugged like a boss. “So am I.” He turned to me. "Hey, Miss. We found a note under your bed. Probably from one of the boys though we can't determine whose handwriting it belongs."

Why would someone give me a note when I barely know anyone in this house?

I nodded shyly and the two began to walk towards the door. "Get a nap, Miss. We'll just ask one of the boys to wake you up when dinner is already served." And Baekhyun winked for the second time.

I wondered what was wrong with him.

"Your clothes are already in the walk-in wardrobe arranged by the housekeepers. See you later, Miss." Chanyeol said and with that two left the room and gently closed the door.

I ran towards my bed and pulled out the note under the covers. I slowly unfolded it and started reading.

 

To My Tinkerbell,

I'm sorry I stole the picture placed on your grandfather’s desk. I was called by him a few weeks ago and when I reached his office, he's not there yet so I have to wait. After half an hour, he didn't show up in his office so I decided to walk around. I, bringing out my curious side, I went to your grandfather's table and saw a picture of you and I don't know why I immediately found you attractive.

I know that it's so cheesy but believe it or not that's what I thought when I saw your picture. You really are beautiful. Though you are short, you're still beautiful. Sometimes I stare at your picture when I'm alone because I don't want the others to know that I'm attracted to a stranger.

I know that you probably think this is just a stupid infatuation because (1) We never talked to each other, (2) I've never seen you in person, and (3) You are an heiress while I'm just... me.

I never meant to be attracted to you. It just happened. I saw your picture and now I'm incapable of choosing anyone else.

I don't love you to Neverland and back. I just love you to Neverland. Because once you're at Neverland with someone you love, why would you ever want to go back?

I saw you entering the house with Tao and walking along with Suho, I discovered that I'm too shy to even talk to you so I ran before you could see me and I asked two other members of our group to place this under your bed.

I guess I'll just talk to you in my dreams, eh?

Love,

Peter Pan

P.S. Would you like to go on a date with me to Neverland and never come back? :)

 

And because my emotions were too much to handle, I fainted and fell on my bed.


Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you.