Honey

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)

=Honey=


On the way to Grand Hyatt, Tao and I ignored each other after I almost smacked him in the face because of what he said. Instead of smacking him on the face, I called him a ert. It's true. He is a ert. Not totally a ert. He became a ert for just a minute and then after I called him that, he's back to himself. He said he was sorry and I just nodded. 

I just don't get it. So he threw his phone outside the car's window so that I couldn't call the boys because if I call the boys, the boys would kill Tao because they will assume that Tao kidnapped me? or... Is it because Tao wants to spend time with me without the boys bothering us?
 
Shut up, Soo Jin! Stop assuming. Tao doesn't like you. He just wanted to protect you.
 
Stop the overthinking, Soo Jin. Overthinking leads to negative thoughts.
 
But what about his words 'That's exactly the reason why I threw my phone. So no one could disturb. It's just you and me now, Soo Jin.' ? 
 
I don't want to think about it. I'll just have a nap.
 
"Soo Jin. Soo Jin. Wake up. We need to get out of here. Come on!" Tao's panicking voice entered my ears causing me to wake up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I was about to curse at him for disturbing my nice sleep when a knock on my window startled me. My eyes widened. Was that the man outside Incheon who asked me about my name and about how I met the boys?
 
I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to Tao. "Soo Jin. We have to get out of here. They're starting to surround the car. We have to get inside the hotel safe. Let's go."
 
Tao told the driver to bring our suicases inside the hotel when the reporters are already gone. He grabbed my hand and he opened the car door fast and we ran towards the hotel's entrance. Tao placed his right arm around me tightly as if he's afraid that I would vanish any minute and he placed his left hand in front of my face to block the lights. Thankfully, when we got to the Grand Hyatt's main lobby, the guards of the hotel didn't let them in. We sat on the couch in front of a big fireplace at the lobby and I smacked his arm. "This is all your fault! If you didn't throw your phone earlier we wouldn't be attacked by your precious sasaengs!"
 
He ran his fingers through his hair angrily and then he looked outside the glass walls of the hotel. I followed his gaze and realized that Tao was watching the reporters who are trying to get inside the hotel to ask us the most stupid questions. "How did they even know we'll be here? Seriously? Do they have a radar or something?" Tao complained still watching the reporters outside the hotel where the guards are already surrounding the entrance so they couldn't get inside.
 
"EXO is a famous group and if you are famous they are going to stalk you. Maybe they followed the car we rented." I said.
 
We saw the driver entering the hotel catching his breath and he pulled our suitcases as we walks towards the couch where Tao and I are sitting. He smiled at us and bowed. "Here are your things, sir and miss!" he says as he placed the Gucci and Louis Vuitton suitcases in front of me and Tao. 
 
"Thank you. I'll just call you when we need the car again." Tao told the driver and he bowed before he left.
 
Tao and I stood up and pulled our suitcases as we head towards the front desk. When we got there, the three woman standing by the computers, whispered at each other and then they giggled. The woman maybe around forty just rolled her eyes at the giggling women and then she turned to us with a smile. He greeted us in English with a Chinese accent. "Good afternoon. How may I help you?"
 
Tao smiled and spoke in English his Chinese accent also present. "We'll get the Grand Suite located at the Grand Club Tower please."
 
The woman frowned. "Oh I'm so sorry, sir, but the suites are already booked because of the upcoming festival that will be held in the city in two days."
 
Tao gave the woman a puzzled look. "So... it's fully-booked?"
 
The woman nodded. 
 
"We'll get a normal room them. With two beds please." Tao said with a frustrated sigh. I can tell that tao is not used to staying in normal hotel rooms considering he's a famous person.
 
The woman nervously laughed. "Sir, like what i've said the rooms are fully-booked. The only vacant room in the hotel is at room C385 and it has only one bed."
 
My eyes nearly popped out the moment I heard those words leave the woman's mouth. I moved closer to Tao and he gulped. Though he shrugged his nervousness off and tried to play it cool. "Okay. We'll get that room." he said in a fake confident tone. 
 
Tao turned to me and I can tell that he noticed my face getting pale. He leaned in and whispered, "Don't worry, Soo Jin. I will sleep on the couch."
 
I turned to him. "No, Tao. I will take the cou-"
 
I stopped talking when the woman on the front desk cuts me off. "Sir, can you tell me your last name please?" the woman ask in a hurried tone. Her right hand's fingers are typing something on her computer while her left hand is holding a wireless phone and is placed near her ear. I almost felt sorry for her because of her busy job. 
 
"Huang." Tao simply said.
 
The woman nodded still not taking her eyes off her computer. The woman continued typing and then she took a quick glance at me and Tao. She dialed something on the wireless phone and she waited for a few seconds. "This is Miss Tan at the front desk. Can I talk to the head of the housekeeping department please? I need you to prepare room C385 for Mister and Missus Huang please. Okay. Thank you."
 
WHAT. THE. . 
 
The woman hung up and then she looked at Tao and I's dumbstruck expression. She furrowed her eyebrows but then her frown faded quickly. She smiled. "The housekeeping department is already preparing your room. Have a nice stay, ma'am and sir. Enjoy your honeymoon!"
 
"WHAT?!!" I exclaimed. "Excuse me but my last name is not Huang it's Le- Hmmmfffff!"
 
Tao cuts me off by placing his hand on my mouth and then he turned to the woman with a grin that reaches up to his ear. "Sorry about that, Miss Tan. She's not really used to it. She sometimes forget she's already married." he said with a slight laugh.
 
I looked up at him and glare. What the hell is he doing?! Married?! What?!! 
 
All I want to do is to shout at him and punch him but his hand is still covering my mouth. I tried to slap his hand away but he's too strong. 
 
"Hmmmmmffffff!!!!!!!"
 
The woman laughed and finally Tao uncovers my mouth. I breathed heavily and glared up at Tao. The woman gave us our key card and Tao intertwined his right hand with my left while his left hand is pulling his precious Gucci suitcase. I pulled my suitcase as we walk across the lobby to the elevators. I stopped walking and harshly slapped his hand away from mine. He winced. "OW! What was the for, honey?" he asked with a mix of hurt and teasing tone and then he laughed.
 
I smacked his arm this time. "SHUT UP, HUANG ZI TAO! It wasn't funny! She thought we're married! And don't you dare call me 'honey' again because we're not freaking married and I'm not your wife!" I yelled at him which gained the attention of some of the Chinese people at the lobby.
 
He smirked. "Yet."
 
I glared at him and he just laughed like it's a normal thing because clearly, this isn't normal.
 
"I will kill you in your sleep, Tao." I threatened.
 
He just shrugged. "Are you sure you want to kill you husband, honey? You know what, honey, you are overreacting! It's no big deal!"
 
I groaned in frustration again. "STOP CALLING ME HONEY! It makes me want to vomit! It's disgusting!"
 
'No, it's not disgusting. Admit it, Soo Jin. You love it when he calls you honey.' my mind says and I can almost hear its teasing tone. Shut up, mind. Shut the hell up!
 
He raised an eyebrow at me and then he moved closer. He wrapped his arm around my waist and smirked his face an inch away from mine. My insides boiled up in anger and I harshly removed his arm around my waist. I angrily removed my messenger bag around my shoulder and I hit his arm using the bag. "OW! Honey, stop it!" he said and laughed again.
 
"You call this 'no big deal'?! Seriously, Tao?! It will reach the media and both our faces will be on the front page of the newspaper by tomorrow! The whole world will thought that EXO's Tao is married! And what will my grandfather think of me, huh?!" I said in a problematic tone. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair and pulled my suitcase again. I walked towards the elevators leaving Tao at the center of the lobby.
 

I heard him sigh. "Baobei, wait for me!" he called as he jogged to catch up with me pulling his Gucci suitcase with him. 


We got to the floor where our room was and we walked along the carpeted hallway craning our necks from right to left to look at the embossed numbers on the doors hoping that we will see C385. 

"There it is!" Tao exclaimed as he pointed at the door with an embossed 'C385' on it. We walked across the hall to get to that door when a woman maybe around thirty approached us. Tao looked at me with a confused look and I gave him the what-is-going-on look. The woman smiled at us and spoke in English her Chinese accent showing, "Hey! You're Mr. and Mrs. Huang, right? And you're staying in this floor, am I correct?"

Tao and I nodded hesitantly. "Yes, why?" Tao asked her.

The woman clapped her hands happily. "Thank God. My daughter MeiMei wanted to play but then there weren't any girls around her age here."

Tao smiled. "Oh. Don't worry, noona. My wife is great around kids even though we don't have our own child." Tao said as he wrapped his arm around my waist making me shiver.

The woman laughed. "You don't have your own child? So Hwa Mei's adopted?"

Tao and I's eyes widened and then we looked at each other with a nervous look. We both gulped. 

"Hwa Mei?" Tao asked with his eyes saying this-is-impossible.

The woman nodded. "Yes. Huang Hwa Mei. Your daughter." The woman pulled out her phone and then went to a certain website. She handed her phone to me and Tao and we both looked at the screen. Tao and I almost dropped her phone as we read the article. In the article, there's a photo of me and Tao and Hwa Mei between us. Tao's right arm is wrapped around me while his left his wrapped around Hwa Mei. My arms are hugging Hwa Mei and... in that picture. We looked like a family. Our grins aren't fake and you can tell just by looking at the picture that the three of us are happy. 

Who uploaded this picture? Don't tell me the reporters bribed poor little Hwa Mei so she could send them that picture of the three of us!

Tao handed her back her phone and we both looked at her with shocked expressions. I started to talk, "Sorry but Hwa Mei's not-"

I was cut off when I felt someone hugging my legs. I looked at Tao first and then his eyes widened again as he looked down at my legs. I looked down and saw the cute familiar face of Hwa Mei.

"Annyeong!" Hwa Mei greeted happily as she continued hugging my legs.