Nǐ Quēshǎo Wǒ

Life As We Know It (She's An Heiress)

=Nǐ Quēshǎo Wǒ=


I opened my eyes and grabbed my phone from the nightstand near the bed. 8:33 in the morning. Great. 

I was about to sit up when I felt something preventing me. I looked under the covers and saw a strong arm wrapped around my waist and I slowly turned to my right with wide eyes. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HUANG ZI TAO GET OFF ME!!!!!!" i screamed in his ears causing him to shoot upright with a panic look on his face.

"WHAT?! WHAT IS IT?! IS THERE FIRE?! IS THERE-"

"SHUT THE EFF UP. GET YOUR ARMS OFF MY WAIST! YOU ERT BASTARD!!" i screeched making him unwrap his arms around me and covers his ears with his hands. 

"SHUT UP, WOMAN! YOU ARE MAKING ME GO DEAF!"

I stopped screaming and glared at him. "You told me you'll sleep on the couch now why are you on the freaking bed?!!"

He winked and smirked. "Because I felt like it."

I sighed and leaned my back against the headboard. "Too many problems..." I muttered and the moment those words left my mouth, I automatically regretted saying it. I hope he didn't hear it because I don't want him to think that I am blaming him even though there's a small part of me that blames him but still I don't know the reason why he did those things so... why judge him?

"I'm sorry, Soo Jin. I understand it if you're blaming me. I'm so... sorry." he said in a tone with much emotion as he also leaned his back against the headboard. I covered myself with the soft blanket which also caused the blanket to cover him since we're sharing a blanket.

"It's... alright." i said in a hesitant tone.

"No, it's not." he said scotting closer to me closing the distance between me and him. I didn't move away and I don't know why.

I didn't answer and I stared at the chandelier placed on the ceiling. It was silent. It was the kind of silence that isn't awkward. It's peace. After a few minutes, he cleared his throat and said, "Nǐ quēshǎo wǒ."

I looked away from the ceiling and turned to him with a confused look. I doubt that he saw my confused face because he's staring at the wall. He turned to me and our eyes met. He smiled. 

"What does that mean?" i asked him.

"It meant 'you are missing to me'."

I raised an eyebrow. "You are missing to me?

"It means 'i miss you' but the literal meaning is 'you are missing to me'."

And then he smiled and I smiled back. "'I miss you'? Why would you miss me? I'm here. I never left."

He leaned in but not too close causing the blanket to fall. "I know. What I meant was I missed talking to you. The only time I remembered talking to you was by the pool at the mansion. When I was giving you Gucci sweaters and that was ten days ago?"

"You don't have to miss me, Tao."

And then I felt his fingers brushing against the palm of my hand that send me shivers. "I did talk to you these past few days but the boys were around that time. I missed this. When it's just the two of us."

I felt my heart skip a beat and I looked away from him. Tao, please stop it.

"You are missing to me, Soo Jin." He whispered in a low tone almost affectionate. I closed my eyes my head still down.

"Stop it, Tao." I whispered back a few seconds later in my eyes still closed.

"NO. Soo Jin, just listen to me. I need to let it all out!" he said his tone increasing and then he grabbed my hand. I slowly opened my eyes but I didn't look at him.

He took a deep breath and said, "You are missing to me, Lee Soo Jin. You are a part of me. You are the center of my life and you are essential of my being. You are like... my limb, my organ, or my blood, or my heart. I cannot function without you."

My heart beats a zillion times faster than a running cheetah and I slowly looked at him. He looked at me with a sincere look and I can't help but melt inside. 

I tried not to stutter and hoped that tears wouldn't form from the corner of my eyes. "Tao... Why me? I'm just an emotional, annoying, weird, and an imperfect girl. Why me?"

"I don't know, Soo Jin... You're just... I.... I don't know." he replied in a tone with a mix of affection and struggle. "I just don't know. I... I love you."

He squeezed my hand as if he's holding me for the last time. 

I really can't explain what I feel. This feeling feels so foreign. This feeling is different from what I felt when Kyungsoo, Kris and Chanyeol confessed their feelings for me. "Tao, no. You should not... love me. What about... Chanyeol?"

Tao lets go of my hand and said in a hurt tone. "After all this time?! Still Chanyeol?! GOD DAMMIT! Why are you so naive, Soo Jin?!! He doesn't love you. I thought you already sensed that he's just using you for him to move on from Dara!"

Instead of yelling back, I buried my face with the pillow and cried hard. How can I be so stupid?! My first relationship wasn't supposed to end up like this. I wanted my first relationship to last for years or if possible forever. I punched the pillow and threw it across the room. I wiped my tears and covered myself with the blanket. I hiccupped and felt Tao moving closer to me and he hesitantly placed his arm around me. 

I whispered, "Thank you."

He kissed my hair and I felt him smile. "You don't have to thank me. I want to."

I looked up at him not caring that our faces are just centimeters away from each other. "No, Tao. Not just that. Thank for being there for me from the very start. From the time when you picked me up from my former home and brought me to the place where I felt like I'm one of those important people. Thank you so much, Tao. Thank you for being the best protector ever. You have no idea how blessed I am for having a friend like you."

He just smiled and a few moments later, his face turned serious. "Soo Jin?"

"Hmmm?"

"Please don't runaway for this."

And then his lips met mine and I didn't have my eyes wide open for the very first time.