[Confusion & Karaoke]

Sasaeng Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shouldn't you give me your jacket?" Bom complains to the cold-hearted boy. He chooses to keep his hoodie up covering only his head while Bom's jacket didn't have a hoodie. "Yah! Luhan, are you listening to me?" The boy doesn't acknowledge. Bom strut in angry after Luhan. They left the park and Luhan is the only one, who knew where this date is going. Bom grumble behind Luhan and watch each passing couple huddle under a respectful umbrella.  The rain got heavier as the distant boy and angry girl walk.

Luhan stops by a bus stop, where couple of people is waiting at too. Luhan sits down on the bench. Bom rushes over to get under the roofing. She refuses to sit down, next to the rude Luhan. She scrambles for her phone. She uses it for a mirror. She manage her wet hair, "thank goodness for waterproof mascara, but I lost color in my cheeks." Bom removes her sunglasses to see her eyes. "And no single eye shadow is left on my eyelids." Bom puts her sunglasses back to cover her face and fixes her damp scarf. She stomps her foot and turns to the man of the hour. "Why are we here?"

Luhan peeps from under his dark sunglasses to look at Bom. "Isn't it obvious? We are here, waiting for the bus."

"Breathe, Bommie. Just breathe. You can endure." Bom mutters under her breath as she walks away as much as the roofing allows from Luhan. She takes another glance at her reflection on her phone. "It’s pretty useless to put make-up back on my face since its pouring cats and dogs." Bom let out a heavy sigh. She stares down at her dress. "My poor outfit. It can't get any worse than this, right?"

 At the same time, to Bom's jinx, a speedily car is coming down the street. Bom stands on the sidewalk, but a deathly puddle, which has been filling up from the raging rain lay right in front of her. In a split-second, Bom notices the oncoming car and cringes with her eyes closed for the worse case scenario.

Suddenly, Bom feels a pair of arms grip her arms in front of her. She hears the swish of the rushing car hitting the puddle and the crashing sound of the big ripple wave. A less expected amount of water hit Bom. She hears deep breathing and a present, very close to her. The person's chin brush Bom's shoulder.

"You should watch out."

Bom peeps open her eyes. She flinches at the sight in front of her. The boy's whole back is drenched. His black hair is dripping with water. She glances to see his face, but she couldn't identify because of his sunglasses.

"You saved me..." Bom whispers.

The boy smirks. "You're welcome." He slowly releases his hands, but Bom could still feel the warmth from them on her arms. Then as fast as he came, he leaves down the sidewalk away from the shocked Bom. She repeatedly blinks as she watches the mysterious boy's retreating back.

"Who was that?"

"It couldn't have been..." Luhan walks up to Bom. Luhan looks at the flabbergasted girl and chuckles.

Bom turns to stare at Luhan. "Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing...the bus is coming...you better move back a little bit."

"Thanks for your concern," Bom scoffs and moves back as the bus stops in front of them. 

 

The rain didn't bother Bom anymore.

When Luhan exited the bus on another stop, Bom quickly follow after him. Bom is thinking about the boy, who saved her from having the worse day. It is still worse because Luhan is still not answering her questions. She quit asking and escapes into her own thoughts. Luhan halts in front of a restaurant. Bom looks up and gazes at the fancy sign.

Looks expensive, Bom thinks. Oh, he better not tell me that I have to pay.

Luhan pulls open the glass door. Bom's eyes widen when she notices that Luhan is holding the door open for her.

"Wow! That's the first! What's next? You'll get me a new outfit." Bom scoffs as she walks inside. Luhan doesn't say anything, but follows after Bom.

Bom walks up to a small podium with a man behind it. "Welcome. Do you have a reservation?"

"Hmm-"

"Yes. Under the name, Luhan." Bom glances over to the boy, who had pull down his hoodie. His face looked more welcoming even with the sunglasses, than cold as before.

"Oh, here we are." The man glances down at his little planner. "Table for two! Come right this way." The man leads us to our table and leaves. Bom moves to one of the chairs, but Luhan gets to it before her. He pulls out the chair for Bom. Bom sits down in shock as Luhan pushes the chair in.

"Again, wow...What happened?" Bom stare after the weird Luhan as he takes a seat across from her.

"Nothing." He slips off his jacket and puts it on the back of the chair. He removes his sunglasses and Bom does the same also. He picks up the menu. Bom does the same and looks at the list of food. "What size are you?" Bom jumps a little from the sudden question.

"Girls don't just give out their sizes."

"So you aren't going to tell me?" Luhan moves his menu to the side to see Bom.

Bom doesn't make eye contact. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Because I'm trying to be nice-"

"Now you want to be nice"

"Yes. Now-"

"How is it nice to know a girl's size?"

"I'm wondering if you want to get out of those wet clothes. I can get my-"

"Don't tell me." Bom finally looks up to Luhan. "You're trying to be nice by getting me a new outfit." Bom laughs.

"What's so funny about that?"

"I don't know. You tell me Mr. Cold-hearted Prince."

"Mr. Cold-Hearted Prince? That's what you call me?"

Bom nods. "Now I rather you shut yourself out from talking back to me. Since I feel I would like you that way. Today isn't really my day." She mutters the last part.

Luhan doesn't have time to respond back when a waiter comes. "Are you ready to order?"

The two bothered idols sit in silence as they wait for their food to come. Nobody said anything while they ate.

Can't she see that I'm trying very hard to be nice to her? Luhan thinks. So stubborn. 

What's his deal, Bom thinks. Is he bipolar or something?

Abruptly, Luhan speaks up. "Excuse me..." He stands up and leaves the table. Bom puts down her chopsticks to watch Luhan, walking away. She stretches her neck in annoyance. She finishes her meal and orders a dessert. She finishes only half of her ice cream to realize it’s been awhile since Luhan came back.

"Did he ditch me?" Bom wonders.

A waiter walks over to Bom. "Here madam. This is for you from your boyfriend. “Bom cringe at the "boyfriend" as Luhan and is about to correct the man, but her voice is caught in . The waiter places a folded note with Bom's name written on the front and a single red rose. Bom's heart skips a short beat. "He told me to tell you that the meal was paid for already. Have a great day, madam." The waiter leaves.

Bom gently picks up the rose and smells it. She smiles but it fades away as she realizes. "He did ditch me!" She opens the note and read it out loud. "'I guess we are leaving separately. Have a nice ride back.'" Bom sighs heavily. "Thanks, Luhan." She tosses the note and rose in her purse and puts on her sunglasses. Then takes her leave.

She swings the restaurant's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter