Cafe

A Nightmare

 

 

5:00 AM

 

Waking up without her alarm aiding her, Yuri's phone glared at her face as she turned to look to see what time it was. Might as well get ready, Yuri thought. Walking to her bathroom, she didn't look into the mirror. She didn't want to freak herself out so early in the day. Yuri got dressed in jean shorts and a long sleeve shirt to avoid others seeing her arm and asking questions. She still had to think of an alibi. Remembering that she was supposed to have lunch with Chanyeol, she checked her phone and looked for massages. None. Mmmm. 

Maybe he forgot too? Hah. At least now I won't feel as bad, Yuri humored herself. She got ready and went to the cafe down the street to get some coffee and breakfast. 

The dream clouded most of Yuri's thoughts. She was looking down at her coffee as she tried to figure out how it even affected her. And why Chanyeol of all people...

"Yuri?"

The daydreaming girl had her thoughts interrupted by someone behind her, jumping as she was startled. "Huh? Oh," she replied, staring at Chanyeol's smiling face. 

"You come here too?" he asked. His eyes flashed black, just like the time in front of the bathroom when they met atthe set to film "Genie".

"Yeah. You like this place? Maybe we should come here together more often to talk and hang out together," Yuri had to figure out why he was in her dreams. Maybe getting to know him and being around him would get her closer to figuring out what it all meant, or why she was even going through it in the first place. 

"Haha. Sure, why not? Also, sorry for not contacting you yesterday for the lunch thing. I was talking to a friend of mine on my phone and he wanted to talk to mepersonally about a few things. Mianhe." I was actually just nervous... I wanted to spend time with you but I got nervous and backed out, Chanyeol thought. He wanted to say that but it would've been too embarassing. She's at least two years older than you. Almost three. Stop thinking her her in "that way"... Chanyeol mentally slapped himself. 

"Don't worry about it," laughed Yuri.

"I gotta go to practice now with my goup. I'll call you when I'm finished with it," smiled Chanyeol. Calm down. Act normal. She might think you're weird and you'll just lose all your chances with her.

I'll lose all my chances? But I dont have any... Chanyeol argued with himself in his head.

Wait. Isn't Chanyeol going to be part of a huge group that's gonna debut soon? How many people were in it again...? Yuri thought. 

"Omo.."

"Oh? Noona, did you say something?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Oh aniyah. I was wondering, how many people are in your group again? Eleven?" 

"Twelve, including me," he answered,"Why?"

"Just curious. I'll see you later!" Yuri waved goodbye to him. 

"Annyeong!"

 


 

Yuri fell into the depths of her thoughts as Chanyeol closed the doors of the cafe. 

I have to see who the rest of those boys are. 

I have to find out if they are the ones in my dream. 

I have to find out what it even means.

 

And I have to find out how to stop those dreams before I get hurt. 

 


 

"AISHH,"  yelped Yuri. 

Coffee. Was. Everywhere. 

It was on her shirt. 

It was on her shorts. 

It burned her thighs.

It dripped to her perfectly white shoes, which weren't white anymore.

It somehow got to her her left arm as well, the cut burning and bothering her even more and time passed. Her whole body was inpain from the hot coffee. 

While Yuri was deep in her thoughts, she raised her full cup of coffee to her lips, but the cup never made it to . The handle had broken off of the ceramic cup and ended up spilling all over the daydreaming girl, ending her curiousity about her dreams.

Everyone in the cafe turned their heads toward where they heard the scream come from, and a few peoplegot up to elp Yuri dry off. 

*ding ding ding*

The door opened wide andthe bell above rung for a while. Chanyeol stood in the doorway.

Was my scream really that loud...? questioned Yuri to herself. Chanyeol looked serious and worried at the same time somehow as he looked  in Yuri's direction. 

He ran over, grabbing napkins from his pockets. Who goes around carrying napkins in their pokets? thought Yuri. 

Chanyeol pushed everyone helping Yuri away. One of the guys helping Yuri stopped and made eye contact with Chanyeol as if her recognized him,but he turned away and went back to where he was. He started wiping up the mess that she made, and started drying off Yuri. She just sat there inshock, staring at Chanyeol as he speedily cleaned. Without hesitation, he started wiping off the coffee from her shoes, and then started on her shins and calves. He lead his hands up higher, not thinking about what he was doing. I have to clean all of this coffee before it dries and becomes even more sticky, he repeated in his head. 

His left hand was right above Yuri's knee, lightly gripping her right leg as he wiped her other leg with his other hand. He moved Yuri's left slightly outward to clean the coffee that had gotten underneath. 

"Ch-Chanyeol..... Chanyeol? Chanyeol," Yuri constantly called out his name. "Hoi! Chanyeol!" 

"Wha...?" Chanyeol's word had trailed off as he looked up at Yuri's awkward smile. He looked down and realized how close he was to her. He froze. So close... 

He then looked around and found a couple people staring. Chanyeol laughed nervously and got up. 

"Ahh.... Sorry Noona. I'll - just be - ah - going now. Sorry. " Chanyeol paused a lot. He then ran out of the cafe, leaving Yuri with pursed lips and one eyebrow raised. His nose was bleeding too as soon as he realized what he was doing*. She should've told him, but she was so surprised at how he touched her that she just stared at him as he ran out the door. 

Yuri got up and tried to cover what had happened, even though she was wearing all white. She dashed to her home and to her room, where she changed out of the coffee-stained shirt and shorts, took a small shower, and dressed in a short dress this time instead. 

Yuri didn't have much to do that day except go to a few interviews.


Aish.... Today was so long. The interviewers asked so many long and wordy questions, and it took even longer to reply to them. Most of the questions weren't even toward me. Most of them were about the sub-unit TaeTiSeo. I don't get why the rest of the group had to be there, Yuri pouted a little while she was changing into clothes to sleep in for the night. 

Turning off the lights in her bedroom, Yuri sauntered over to her bed trying to remember where it was so she wouldn't hit her shin on the bed frame. I don't wanna explain more to him...

Last year, when Yuri went to visit the doctor for a check up, he took note and pointed out the bruises on her shins. "You've had quite a history on your shins, Yuri..."

"I'm just a little clumsy and sometimes I hit them on my bed frame before I go to bed," Yuri smiled awkwardly. She then laughed a little, making the doctor smile.

Yuri pulled the two covers on her bed, instead of one to insulate heat better, over her body. She felt comfortable after a long, although not very stressful, but boring day. When Yuri closed her eyes, an image flashed underneath her eyelids. 

 

She sat upright in her bed, eyes wide open. She had never seen that before, but why did it all of a sudden pop into her mind? She's never seen it before either. But it felt familiar. Like the other's presence when Yuri looked in the mirror. 

The startled woman lied back in bed, trying not to think about what just happened. She, instead, tried to focus her thoughts on what happened at the cafe. Chanyeol left so long ago before I spilled my coffee. How did he hear me? And why did he come back anyway to help me? 

Yuri sighed into her sleep, feeling the blankets wisk her away to where she could rest.