the only things I needed to know

I’m trying to break away (from eternity)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing didn’t understand.  He was angry with Wufan for disappearing and then popping into existence after so long.  But his comfort now was that he knew where Wufan was and that helped to untie one of the knots he had held inside of him for so long.  But there was still one more left untied.  Why did he have to leave in the first place?

Wufan was sitting on Yixing’s couch while Yixing peered suspiciously back at him from the armchair he was sitting in.  It was a cosy house, Wufan had noted to himself, with potted plants scattered around the windows and corners of the living room, with the smell of herbs lightly scenting the air.  It was so like Yixing, Wufan thought.  There was just a comforting and warming feeling he felt from sitting here. 

And Wufan knew that after all the many years he was apart from Yixing, he could no longer stand being out of his sight for any longer.  This was it.  He needed to tell Yixing.  But it was hard, even though he promised himself.

Yixing had composed himself and asked, “Wufan.  Why are you here?”

It was stinging question and Wufan let himself accept that Yixing had to live so long with so many unanswered questions in his head.  It was understandable.  He could work through that.  He just needed to break down those barriers.

“Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” 

Wufan looked straight at Yixing as he said this.  He wanted to face the hard truth straightforwardly, even if it meant finding out that Yixing did not feel the same way as him.  But Yixing’s expression was difficult to figure out.  It was stuck between a surprised and confused look.  Wufan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter