You're in my Heart

Fany's Celeb Fanboys [One-Shot Series]

Heechul and Tiffany are best of friends. They have known each other half of their life. Their parents are best friends anyway, that's why they are both really really close to each other's family.

They are sweet to each other. Tiffany and Heechul always hangs out with each other. No questions. They are really close to each other, to the point that many people says that they are a couple. They looked really attached to each other. It seems that whenever Heechul is away, Tiffany's energy becomes low and vice versa.

But that's not it. Tiffany had her long-time crush, GD. Because of it Heechul always teases her. Heechul doesn't seem that he has interest with someone, Tiffany thought. She must find out about it.

While she's finding Heechul's apple-of-the-eye, she needs to find out also about this mystery guy who always gave her gifts on her past birthdays. Tiffany felt creepy about it, but find it kinda sweet. Her birthday is coming next week and she suspect that the mystery gift will be given anytime of the week.

She had made a decision long ago. She needs to find out Heechul's secret love and the mystery guy and what it's intention for giving her such gifts.

Heechul always  joke around saying Tiffany’s his crush, yet she’s really eager to know who Heechul likes.

One sunny day, Tiffany spotted Heechul sitting in their backyard, she approached him.

"Eh? What are you doing bro?" Tiffany looked down at him.

He stand up and grinned down at her.

"I'm fine. Wanna grab some ddeokbokki and--"

"Eomuk!" she continued. Tiffany was excited. It was their- she and Heechul- first time eating after their classes begun. He then pulled her because she is spacing out.

They walked to their favorite shop. Tiffany ordered as many as she can take. Heechul did the same thing. While eating, Tiffany thought of something. She can thoroughly investigate this pal beside her while eating.

"Chullie-ah, I heard your mom saying you're always late. Is it true?" she looked at him.

He nodded in response.

"Mmm," she also nodded, "Is it because of studies?"

"Aniyo," Heechul replied.

"How about, family issues?" Tiffany asked again.

"Ani," he said.

"You're always late. It's kind of intiguing because, you never said anything to me," she continued, "Was it because you're dating someone?"

Heechul almost choked at what she said. He looked at her. Unbelievable.

"Just because I always get late at coming at home I'm dating someone?" he tried not to laugh.

"You're not dating someone?"

"Aniyo. I have my eye on this special girl," he smiled genuinely.

"Jinja?" Tiffany's eyes glittered in excitement, "Tell me who. Tell me who!"

Heechul once again smiled. She looked like an innocent child.

"I like--" she smiled ear to ear. "You." he said,  laughed and tapped her head.

"Aish! I thought you’re going to say it." Tiffany pouted.

Weeks past after the so called Heechul's-apple-of-the-eye-search investigation, yet he never gave Tiffany even one clue.

He always said to her "Find it out yourself."

That girl is very lucky. I wish I were her--.

"Wait. What the hell am I thinking?" Tiffany erased the idea. She was his best friend for Pete' sake!

I am his best friend, why hide things? she thought.

Maybe he has a girlfriend. She's really convinced that he has one.

Ani, he would have said me it to me Tiffany thought. 

Tiffany even got sick, because she often forgot to eat just to know who's the lucky girl.

Tiffany is in the balcony. She's spacing out again. After Heechul said that he had an eye on a girl. Heechul was in their house and decided to go to Tiffany's room. He was allowed. And he looked decent. He was wearing a tie-and-coat.

"Gwaenchanayo?" he asked.

"Ne." Tiffany said weakly.

"Eh? What's with the face?" he grinned looking at the chair.

"Bwoh?" she asked.

"What's that?" he pointed at a small present on the chair.

"Again?" she sighed. She really need to know who it is. She would never suspect Heechul. He never gave gifts before any occasions. He always gave it after the occasion

"Is it from him again?" he asked curiosity visible in his voice.

"Ne."

"What's written in it?" he asked.

She read the note attached to the gift loud enough so that he can hear.

       Annyeong Mi Young! It's me again, I wish good health to you, I heard that you got

       sick yesterday, so I put medicines in it. I also put the pink scarf you're looking at last

       week. Wear it, since it is already winter. --- Mr. Mystery

"Aish! This guy is so irritating! I just wanted to know his name. Doesn't he knew how to spell his own name?!" I said.

"Let me see." he took the gift and opened it. "Oh! It's pretty! Wear it!" he wrapped the scarf to Tiffany holding it from both ends.

"Yah! I'm choking!" Tiffany complained even though it isn't.

"It really look pretty on you." he said, oblivous of the complain.

"Shut up! Chullie-ah! I won't wear this!" she exclaimed.

"Okay. Okay. Chill okay," he continued and removed the scarf.

"How can I chill? This gift is from someone creepy," Tiffany argued.

"How about this? I knew this guy," he said sarcastically.

"Tss. Liar," she answered.

She grabbed his necktie,"You knew Mr. Mystery? Seriously?"

"Eh?"

"See? You're a liar?"

"Remove your hand on my necktie, please" he sighed pulling back his necktie, but she refuse to let go.

"Or else what? What can you do to this innocent lady, Chullie-ah?" she teased. She know he would never hurt her.

"Or else I'll kiss you," he matched her joke.

But Tiffany wouldn't let go of the necktie so Heechul pulled her arms and now her face was trapped between his hands and his face are slowly moving down to hers.

Tiffany then let go of his necktie. Heechul laughed at her side.

"I don't know that Leeteuk hyung's trick will work," he said. She was about to go to her room when Heechul caught her hand.

"I wan't to go inside," she said and  tried to let go.

"Ani, not unless you hear my side." he said.

"Side? What side?" Tiffany asked. Heechul glared at her. She shut and listen to him. He eventually loosen the grip.

"Don't you know who the hell is that Mr. Mystery, who keep giving you presents?" he said calmly even though inside he's angry.

"Ani," she replied. That was his last straw. He is now angry. Why can't she feel it?

"Who is the only one who call you Mi Young?! That's me! From the first time I laid my eyes on you when I was just 10 I was captured by your beauty. When I got to know you better, my heartbeat is always abnormal. Whether you stop it by your eyesmile or you make it beat fast when you hold my hand." 

Tiffany's eyes are starting to water.

"What now? You're going to cry? You don't have the right to cry. Why? Every week I will never forget to buy you presents and what will you do to it? You'll just throw it away. And it really hurt me seeing it and can't do anything!" he said trying really hard not to shout to her.

"But I never knew--" she in between sobs.

"That's why I never give you gifts exactly on your birthdays, hoping that you'll understand, but you never. I tried to fight the urge of giving you you're present a week after any occasion, but seriously I can't. You throw away the other gifts I gave you so I try to give you another. I hate to break it to you, Mi Young, but you're so insensitive! You always broke other people's heart because you can't feel their affection." he said

"Mianhe" Tiffany's heart is tearing up.

Why didn't I noticed Heechul? Who is always at my side? Why am I insensitive? Why? Is it too late now? she asked herself

He must've noticed that she cried a lot.

"Look, Mi Young, mianhe, I didn't mean to say it to you." he comforted her. "I always wanted that you looked at me, but you are always looking from afar."

"Is it too late now?" she asked sobbing.

"It's never too late, but you don't have to force yourself  to like me." he removed his hands from her hand and started to walk away. Tiffany realized that she also liked him. That's why she got jealous of Heechul's so called special girl.

"Why is it always easy for you to let go? If you love me prove it!" she said."You're really  pabo!" Tiffany run towards his direction and hugged him from the back.

"Saranghae, Chullie-ah" I said.

"Saranghae, Mi Young" he replied and faced her.

He hugged her tight and gave a peck to her lips.

After their kiss, they went to the dining area, holding hands. Even when Tiffany's father saw it, they still didn't let go. They decided to tell their parents about their relationship. They looked not surprised.

"Always thought of it," Leo, Tiffany's brother said.

They looked at each other and laugh. Who will ever thought that bestfriends can be a real couple? Maybe there are some, but they knew that until the very last breath they breathe, they will always love each other and fulfill their promise that they belong only to each other. And that...

You're in my heart.