Perfect Match

Fany's Celeb Fanboys [One-Shot Series]
Punch here, kick there, strike there, swearing here and there.
Yunho's life is all about fight.
Yes, he attends school, not to study but to fight. In short, he is a typical troublemaker that leaves ruckus wherever he goes.
 
"What are you staring at?" he shouted at a two-year old child, he saw sitting in its stroller, alone.
The baby cried.
 
"What the hell?!" the supposedly mother of the child shouted as she run towards the baby. The lady tried to console the baby, but looked uncomfortable.
 
“Rinmi-ah, stop crying,” she pleaded.
 
But the baby continued crying.
 
“Ah, jebal, stop crying.”
 
He stared at her, amused.
 
She looked like she is going to cry, too, soon.
 
She strolled pass him.
 
"Hey, Junho, find out what's her name and where she lives,” he commanded.
 
"Who? The baby?” Junho asked.
 
"You idiot, why would I be interested in a baby?”
 
”Why? The mother looks cute right? ” Changmin intruded.
 
Yunho glared at him.
 
”Are you interested, too?” Changmin, shook his head violently,”No, I meant the baby... Yes, the baby looks adorable. ”
 
 
-----
 
 
“Tiffany Hwang. She lives in 12345 Shalala Village. And she lives with a guy and the baby,” Junho reported.
 
“A guy, huh?” Yunho said with a smirk.
 
"Really?! But she looks young and… innocent, I guess, looks can be really deceiving,” Changmin commented.
 
"You moron! She is living with her brother and her brother's baby.”
 
"Come again? Shalala Village? Isn't that the village that your father bought?” Nichkhun asked, oblivious of others.
 
Yunho nodded.
 
"That explains the smirk. You're confident aren't you?” Nichkhun said. Yunho didn't mind them. He held the bracelet that she must've left.
 
 
-----
 
 
”Why is my Rinmi crying?” Leo asked.
 
”Beats me,” she said, quite irritated because she really wanted to buy a bag, but she couldn't, because of Rinmi.
 
He looked at her arm,”Oh? You finally get rid of that petty bracelet?”
 
“No?” she answered.
 
“Oh, okay? So where is it? ” he asked.
 
“Here,” she raised her left arm confidently, only to find out the bracelet is missing. “Oh f-” “Oops. Stop right there. Rinmi is here,” he said. She rolled her eyes.
 
 
----
 
 
A week passed, yet Tiffany couldn't recall where she left it or where she must've lost it.
 
“Ahhhh,” she let out a sigh of frustration.
 
“Should I report it missing?” she thought, but figured out that the idea is just plain petty. Just when she is about to throw her hand phone, out of frustration, it rang.
 
Written on the phone screen is an unknown number.
 
“Who could it be?” she gasped, “Maybe they kidnapped my midsummer night star,” referring to her bracelet.
 
She answered her phone, before her imagination goes too wild.
 
“Is this Tiffany?” asked the person on the other line.
 
I should be careful or they'll crush midsummer night star.
 
“Yes, who is this?”
 
“This is not the time for asking my name. Go to Tralala playground.”
 
She noticed that she is talking to a guy.
 
“Why would I? You kidnapped my midsummer night star,” she didn't notice she voiced out what's in her mind.
 
“Just go quickly,” the guy sounded amazed. She hang up and quickly grabbed her topsiders. She needs to rescue midsummer night star.
 
 
-----
 
 
“I can't believe it. She used the word 'kidnapped.' for a bracelet? Is she crazy?” Changmin asked.
 
“Looks like it. Oh, here she comes,” Nichkhun said as a petite girl run towards them.
 
She stopped in front of Changmin.
 
“Give me back my midsummer night star,” she commanded.
 
Changmin was caught off guard by the sudden command.
 
“Hey, I said give me back my midsummer night star!”
 
“Hey, chill. I don't have that midsummer night star you are talking about,”
 
“Oh, really? Sorry about that. I thought you are Mr Kidnapper because you're holding a phone,” she pointed to the phone. 
 
“S--”
 
“Enough with the chit chat, come with me,” came the booming voice of a brunette-guy, who walked pass her.
 
“Follow him, he's Mr Kidnapper,” another brunette said and the others laughed.
 
She followed 'Mr Kidnapper.’
 
 
-----
 
 
They continued walking until he stopped in front of Ulala Park.
 
She didn't notice that he stopped walking and bumped into his back.
 
“Oh, sorry, Mr Kidnapper.”
 
“Stop saying that. I ain't a kidnapper and for Pete's sake, bracelet can't be kidnapped, ” he said.
 
“Oh. Really?”
 
“You're weird.”
 
”But writers are weird,” she mumbled.
 
He stared at her, dumbfounded.
 
"What? Oh, I mean most writers."
 
He laughed; it's her turn to stare.
 
"You're cute. Anyways, is this yours?" he held the bracelet, high enough for her not to reach.
 
"Midsummer night star!" she shouted.
 
“Midsummer night star, huh? A weird name for a childish bracelet,” he said.
 
“No it isn’t,” she fired back.
 
"Ooh. So this is yours? I'll give it to you. But first, why is this important to you, that you even thought I kidnapped it? Plus this looks crappy," he said and wagged the bracelet.
 
She tried reaching it, but failed, he is just too tall.
 
"My best friend gave it," she explained.
 
"Boy or a girl?" he asked
 
"Boy." He arched his eyebrows before throwing the bracelet in a near pond.
 
"Hey! Why did you threw it?!"
 
"You said it came from a guy."
 
"And so what?"
 
"I don't like my girlfriend talking about other guys," he said.
 
Registering…
 
99.99%
 
"Who said you are my boyfriend?!"
 
"You. I said you are my girlfriend. I didn't say that I'm your boyfriend."
 
"Oh, isn’t that the same thing?" she asked, he shook his head.
 
She stopped for a while, "Did I really say that?"
 
He smiled, "Yes. So now, you're my girl and I'm your man."
 
"But I don't even know your name."
 
"Is that a problem?" he asked and she nodded, "Okay then. I'm Yunho, I am 27 years young, currently attending Party Rock University, and residing in Shalala Village. And oh, I'm a troublemaker."
 
"So that's it?"
 
"Yeah," he said and wrapped his arms around her shoulder.
 
“Cool. I could really make a story out of this. The Instant Boyfriend,” she squealed and got a little too excited, thinking about her idea.
 
"You really are something," he whispered.
 
"Are you saying something?"
 
"No, I mean, you said writers are weird, why?" he asked.
 
"I am a writer," she continued, "I write surreal and out of this world stories," she used her whole body to emphasize each word.
 
"You looked comfortable around me now," he smiled.
 
"You think so, too?" she replied and smiled.
 
"Yeah. Tell me more about your adventure."
 
"I go by the pen name fanydragon," she informed. 
 
"Wait. Isn't she a graphics designer?" he asked.
 
“Yeah, how did ‘ya know?”
 
“Well, I bought an interesting intergalactic slash psycho thriller slash romantic comedy book under that pen name,” he informed.
 
"Ah. Yes. I even published a full length graphic novel," she said confidently.
 
"Are you boasting?" he teased.
 
"No. Not really. Well, maybe a little," she admitted, "So yeah, I'm a part-time writer and graphic designer and a full-time engineering student in Party Pop University."
 
 
-----
 
 
Tiffany introduced Yunho to Leo, who literally jumped out of joy.
 
"Finally," he said and faced Yunho, "Is that weirdo your girlfriend? Since when?"
 
"Yeah. A moment ago," he answered.
 
"I don't like bad-boy-type but I like your attitude," he said and patted his shoulder before leaving.
 
"So does that means you really are my boyfriend? How weird."
 
"And it really came from you?" he said.
 
 
-----
 
 
"Ya. You just had a girlfriend and you have forgotten about us?" Changmin said.
 
"I second the motion. Plus you drastically changed," Junho said.
 
"Why? Is it wrong for me to change?" Yunho answered.
 
"It's not that. It's like the Yunho we all knew is gone," Changmin replied, getting a little too touchy.
 
Yunho has changed ever since he met Tiffany. His grades, attitude, and even his fashion got better; he rarely had time with his friends.
 
"It's not like we are asking a lot, but can't you help us get out of this trouble?" Junho asked, referring to the fight they recently had.
 
Yunho looked away. He promised her he wouldn't fight again.
 
"Of course, he needs to ask for permission from that idiot," Changmin blurted.
 
"What did you said?!" he shouted before punching Changmin.
 
"Hey, stop! Cool down bros. You're all too hot-headed," Nichkhun said.
 
"What I am saying is please, help us out," Changmin said and even pouted.
 
They talked about their plans and agreed that Yunho will lead them, one last time.
 
 
 
-----
 
 
The dawn broke and the fight is on.
 
Punch. 
 
Kick.
 
Swear.
 
Strike.
 
Hit.
 
Blood covered the place.
 
The police came and the enemy retreated.
 
They won.
 
Tiffany heard that Yunho got on fight.
 
She is quite shocked but was shocked more by the news from her brother.
 
Yunho got on a fight…
 
 
 
 
 
with her best friend.
 
He broke his promise. She dialed Yunho's number.
 
"Let's break up," she said and hung up before he could talk.
 
 
-----
 
 
He's not surprised that Tiffany called. Of course she already knew about the fight.
 
He answered.
 
"Let's break up," was all Tiffany said before hanging up.
 
Tears flooded his eyes. He knew this would happen, but not too soon.
 
He wiped those tears away. It's his fault anyway.
 
Changmin entered the room, "Is something wrong?"
 
"Not really. She broke up with me."
 
"Sorry. If I didn't insisted you wouldn't be--"
 
"Nah, it's fine."
 
Junho entered the room.
 
"The leader that you have beaten up was supposedly Tiffany's best friend," Junho said, being his informative-self even with all the bandages.
 
"I kinda figured that out already."
 
"Woah. Really? You're a genius, then?"
 
Yunho forced a smile.
 
Despite seeing him smile, they all knew he's hurt, inside and out.
 
"I guess this is the right time to cry your heart out and we, your great friends, will console you," Changmin said to lighten up the mood.
 
"I second the motion. Plus, since we are your great friends, we'll think of a plan to win her back."
 
"Thank you... But I don't know if I can manage to. I want to, but I don’t think my body can manage," he  barely manage to say all of it.
 
“Ssshh. Just sleep, we’ll plan, okay?” Nichkhun said.
 
And so, they discussed their plan carefully, even whispering, even though they are inside a VIP hospital room.
 
 
-----
 
 
Tiffany's phone rang. She looked at the screen, unknown number.
 
"Is this Tiffany?" "Yes, who is this?"
 
Déjà vu?
 
"This is not a time for introduction. Go to Valala hospital, VIP room 001," then he hang up.
 
"Sounds like an urgent matter?"
 
She grabbed her topsiders and bag and went to the hospital.
 
As soon as she entered the room, she saw a body covered with blanket.
 
She looked around, Yunho are nowhere to be seen.
 
"Where is he?" she asked, but no one seems to be willing to answer her. Her heart started to pound, fear poured over her.
 
"You may have known that he got into fight, right? Out of all of us, he is the only one seriously injured. He wanted to go to your place but in the end, his body… gave up,” a blonde guy said. She couldn't react.
 
They patted her shoulder and left the room. Nothing registers into her mind but the words it’s too late.
 
And out of the blue, a song started playing. Her eyes were teary but she managed not to cry.
 
 
 
“I think you're pretty without any makeup on
 
I think you're funny when you tell the punch line wrong
 
I knew you got me so you let your walls come down
 
Down…” she looked around and saw Yunho, his body full of bandages, singing while walking towards her.
 
 
 
“Before you met me I was a jerk but things were kinda heavy
 
You brought me to life
 
Now every Februaryyou'll be my Valentine
 
Valentine
 
 
 
Let's just talk all through the night
 
There's no need to rush
 
We can,” Yunho stood in front of her. He grabbed her left hand and draped it in his right shoulder. He held his left hand on Tiffany’s waist and held his free hand to hers and slowly swayed.
 
“...dance until we die
 
You and I will be young forever
 
 
 
You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
 
The way you I can't sleep
 
Let's run away and don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back
 
 
 
My heart stops when you look at me
 
Just one touch, now baby, I believe this is real
 
So take a chance and don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back
 
 
 
When you're around me life's like a movie scene
 
I wasn't happy until you became my queen
 
I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece
 
I'm complete
 
 
 
Let's just talk all through the night
 
There's no need to rush
 
We can dance, until we die
 
You and I, will be young forever
 
 
 
You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
 
The way you I can't sleep
 
Let's run away and, don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back
 
 
 
My heart stops when you look at me 
 
Just one touch, now baby, I believe this is real
 
So take a chance and don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back.” Yunho stopped swaying, hugged Tiffany and continued singing.
 
 
 
“I'mma get your heart racing if that's what you need
 
In this teenage dream tonight.”
 
He can feel her heart's wild beating and she can feel his.
 
The tears that Tiffany forced back flowed freely.
 
“Let you rest your head on me,” he sang and rested Tiffany’s head on his shoulder.
 
“…if that's what you need In this teenage dream tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight
 
 
 
You, you make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
 
The way you I can't sleep
 
Let's run away and don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back
 
 
 
And my heart stops when you look at me
 
Just one touch, now baby, I believe this is real
 
So take a chance and don't ever look back
 
Don't ever look back
 
 
 
I'mma get your heart racing if that's what you need
 
In this teenage dream tonight 
 
Let you rest your head on me if that's what you need
 
In this teenage dream tonight, tonight, tonight”
 
 
 
“Happy Birthday,” he said.
 
She was surprised.
 
No.
 
She was more than surprised
 
 
She grabbed her cellphone.
 
It’s August 1.
 
She’s too busy in her school, novel-works, and love life that she forgot her birthday. 
 
“You--” but before she can speak, he kissed her.
 
“Just shut up and get over it,” he said.
 
“No, I won’t!” she said, grabbed her bag and took out a small notebook, “I’m going to write this down. I have a great story playing in my mind right now.”
 
“You really are something,” Yunho said and wrapped his arms around her.
 
 
-----
 
 
She is a weirdo,
 
He’s a troublemaker.
 
She loves to read and write,
 
He loves to kick and fight.
 
She’s artistic and stuff,
 
But all he did is bluff.
 
She is a little too personal,
 
And he is just so emotional.
 
A match made in heaven right? .