Part Four

Wishing on a four-leaf clover

I was abruptly wakened up by the alarm sounding once again. Sung Yeol had stopped breathing again, his body was just laying there. Not moving. Terrified I started to scream, though Sung Yeol didn’t react at all.

A few seconds’ later three nurses and a doctor came running inside, and I where pushed away. I looked at the clock hanging outside the room and noticed that it had turned into his birthday. And he was lying there, unconscious and not breathing as they where doing CPR once again in less than 24 hours.

I begged again, that Sung Yeol wouldn’t die. Not today. Not on his twentieth birthday.

I passed back and forward telling myself that he would be alright, that everything was going to work out for the best. The doctors could help him. But as the clock ticked on and on I was getting more and more afraid.

What if they couldn’t do anything? What if he-he died in there.

I where starting to get impatient, I wanted to know what was going on in there. Was Sung Yeol okay? Was he breathing again? Fear hit me right in the chest and I rushed over to the door, which leads inside the room of where Sung Yeol was. I took a deep breath before I turned around and stared into the room through the small glass.

My heartbeats increased massively as I stared at him, the doctor and a nurse where hovering over him and trying to make his heart beat again. But the machine that indicated what his heart rate was, where in a thin line. He wasn’t breathing anymore.

My emotions mixed took over and I started to hyperventilate, I couldn’t breathe. It felt as if someone was suffocating me, slowly and painfully. My eyes started to get watery and my strength flooded out off me in an instant, and thus causing my legs to give in and I collapsed down on the floor.

He can’t do this to me. He can’t leave me.

“Miss, miss?” a nurse rushed towards me before she started to yell something else. What it was I couldn’t get a grip on because soon enough everything went black. The whole world collapsed under me.

~~

“Da Sol, Da Sol. Look” Sung Yeol childishly showed his brand new cell phone in front of me. I couldn’t hide that I had been jealous, a jealous sixteen year old that’s what I had been, But he was one year older than me, and that also meant he got all the new and expensive things before I did.

“Can I look at it?” I had reached out my hand to take it but before I got the chance to get my grip around it, he pulled it away and smirked. I had begged him. I truly wanted to look at it so much. Seriously it was an iPhone. “Only if you kiss me” his smirk had made me so mad and angry. Yet I had wanted to hold it in my hands so much that I finally gave in.

At that time, we weren’t together, just friends. Best friends to be exact. So the kissing part had gotten me a bit taken back. But my intention had only been to kiss his check. I hadn’t foreseen that he would turn his head so that I would truly kiss him, when he had done that, turned his head. My lips had been placed onto his.

It didn’t help much that I already had a crush on him, which had caused me to blush in a deep bet red color. To be honest, it had taken me almost a week before I could look into his eyes again. I had been afraid that he would know about my feelings.

Well a week or two after that he had confessed. That he liked me.

~~

My eyes shot open in an instance, it had all been a dream? Did that mean Sung Yeol weren’t in the hospital? I shifted my head around. The walls where painted in a strict white color, no signs of anything that could bring forward emotions could be seen. It hadn’t been a dream, I where at a hospital. “Miss are you okay?” a nurse suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and thus scaring the hell out of me.

I stared at her and then slowly opened my mouth.

“Sung Yeol?” I stated in a lowered voice and I saw how scrunched up into a thin line, as if someone had sewed it together so she wouldn’t say anything. So that she wouldn’t be able to reveal what was going on.

She disappeared as fast as she appeared, but not without telling me that she would send in a doctor who could talk to me. I didn’t reply.

I stared at the ring, thoughts filled my brain and I overweighted to get out of bed and go to Sung Yeol on my own. I had only fainted. It wasn’t like I where sick. Like him. He needed me. And I needed him. I pressed my jaws together as I pulled out the needle, because it sure hurt. Not to mention how unpleasant it was.

After that I had placed my feet’s on the ground I tip-toed over to the door before I slid it open and escaped towards Sung Yeol’s room. Luckily for me, we where on the same floor and just a couple of rooms away.

I foolishly smiled when I came to think about what my present for him would be, since I didn’t have any money. I would give him a kiss.

“Miss you can’t go in there” it was that nurse’s annoying voice again. Though, I didn’t listen to her and slid the door to his room open, with a huge smile plastered on my lips. But that smile faded in an instant as soon as I saw that it was empty. I double checked the sign on the door. It was Sung Yeol’s room. But why was it empty?

Then it came up to me, why he was in the hospital and why I had fainted in the first place. Tears started to flood from my eyes and I screamed.