Part One

Wishing on a four-leaf clover

I can never forget the day; the day fate decided that it was time to start counting down the days of my boyfriend’s life.

It had been two days before my nineteenth birthday, which took place on a weekday when he worked. So we had decided to celebrate a bit earlier than previously planned, instead of him rushing home from work all tired.

Anyhow we had started of the day with visiting a French restaurant for lunch; I can still remember how he made fun of me because I tried to utter the name of the dish in French, which a total failure and also caused the waitress to laugh. Such a humiliating situation, though Sung Yeol seemed to have fun, that weirdo.
The way I got upset at him then, I regret it now.

When the lunch was over we took the subway to Lotte World. The way we both smiled like fools when we entered the huge amusement park is something I’ll never forget. How we rode every roller-coaster ride, went on the flume ride and the balloon ride as we both acted like five-year olds, not knowing that in the end of the day our lives would be turned up-side-down.

It all happened so sudden.

We where walking towards the subway like usual, and with that I mean; holding hands and chatting happily. Though the next thing I knew he stopped talking as his hand slipped out of mine. He’d fainted right in front of my eyes.

The minutes before the ambulance arrived was and still is the worst thing I’ve experienced in my entire life, how he lay there, totally out and not moving. To tell the truth, I thought he was dead for a second.

But as we finally arrived at the hospital everything went in the speed of light, he was rushed in immediately as I started to doubt that it was just an ordinary case of fainting. With all doctors that appeared from every direction, it had to be something more.

The only thing then was what?

When I a couple of hours later got to know about what was wrong, I’d fainted myself and ended up in a hospital bed next to Sung Yeol.

It had been cancer.

“But you could cure that can’t you” had been my first statement after waking up thus also being be able to talk to the nurse since Sung Yeol was still in deep sleep. “I’ll let you talk to a doctor” she had said as I thought that it was something she wasn’t telling me about. It was something more that she didn’t want to say.

Now I could understand why, because the cancer had spread too much into other parts of his body, of course they had tried with surgery and radiotherapy. But every time they’d remove the cancer it appeared soon again. And with the money running out and the bills pilling up I couldn’t do much more than wait.

Though for what I didn’t know since Sung Yeol’s life, the love of my life was slowly leaving this earth and it pained me that I hadn’t noticed the signs earlier. The way he was overly tired when coming home from work, his appetite slowly fading away and most important why his body always seemed to hurt.

“Da Sol” Sung Yeol’s weak voice brought me out of my thoughts as I shifted my gaze from our hands that where holding onto each other as I pierced my eyes lovingly into his as I smiled.

“Let’s get married” he squeezed my hand lightly as he then tried to sit up, much to my fear since his body was really weak right now. Even though I felt gratefulness and happiness in my heart that he wanted to get married, still an underlying pain was also lingering inside my heart and weighing it down painfully.

“O-oppa” I stuttered due to the fact that I was crying and thus causing my throat to get soar. Even though my love for him would never change I was still doubtful since I didn’t know how long he had left, months, weeks or days?

~~

I don't know when I'll update with part two since this story is something I only write when I don't have any inspiration for my other story. But like I said before, I'm not going to abandon any of my stories. Please tell me what you think.