Where To?

Breathing In Minseok

WHERE TO?

it's when lu han realizes it's finally summer when he calls up jongdae. it's high noon and lu han's lying on his bed, bored and suffocated. he presses his phone against his ear as he looks up at his ghastly white and unbearingly boring ceiling; it was something he wanted to bring life and color to but often never had time for.
 
"what?" the voice on the other end said, loud and audible.
 
"jongdae, it's the first day of summer." lu han speaks, sitting up.
 
"tell me something i don't know." jongdae teases.
 
"well, why don't we go do something? i mean, i don't want to lie on my bed the whole summer doing nothing special but looking at my dull ceiling. so why don't we go somewhere? beach? park? wherever." lu han shrugs.
 
"that does sound tempting. maybe we should do that? i don't know where to yet, but we can decide once we see each other, right? outside your house at 10 after?" 
 
"sounds good!" lu han says with a big grin.
 
 
lu han opens the gate to come face to face with jongdae who's dressed in a cool blue tank and a pair of kahki shorts, matching along with a beaten down black chuck taylors as his white socks made it's way around his mid leg. lu han thinks he's better dressed than jongdae. 
 
he takes a good look at his outfit; a striped pink and white shirt that went well with his white washed jeans that's folded up to look like high waters. his outfit ends with a pair of clean topaz tan shoes and below ankle socks.oh- and don't forget, above it all, a boater hat.
 
"so where to?" jongdae looks at lu han.
 
"oh- uhm, i don't know." he says, snapping out of his thoughts.
 
"let's just head to yixing's first." jongdae suggests and lu han nods, agreeing to it. they make their way towards yixing's chilled store. opening the hand-operated door, lu han peeks his head in to see yixing staring into a manga; attack on titans.
 
"yixing?" jongdae calls as they enter the small, winter-cool convenient store. yixing looks up from his manga and sneaks in a smile.
 
"hey, guys." he says, standing up and putting down his manga, not forgetting to mark the page he's on. he makes his way out of the counter to meet them.
 
"do you want to come with us?" lu han asks, his eyes glued to a snack.
 
"where?"
 
"we don't really know yet. but i guess we'll find out. aren't you bored? come on, it's summer." jongdae adds.
 
"sure why not. is what i'm wearing fine?" yixing points to his long sleeved v-neck. he wears a pink flat front shorts with a white belt wrapped around his waist. his shoes, a bright white nike high tops. the two nod in unison.
 
"let's go?" jongdae asks and they nod. yixing takes a bag of chips before leaving his store to his little sister. they follow jongdae outside to summer, leaving the wintery palace.
 
"so, where are we going?" yixing questions as soon as they stepped out.
 
"i don't know. how about we go to minseok's?" jongdae suggests again. lu han's ears perk up as soon as he hears minseok's name. this just got a whole lot more interesting. he grins widely, nodding as a response to jongdae's question.
 
"sounds good." yixing states, opening the bag of chips before taking one into his mouth. lu han's hand sneaks into the bag, grabbing one and popping it into his mouth. jongdae leads the way to minseok's house, not that he was a stalker but sheesh, everyone knew where minseok lived. seriously, everyone.
 
"here." jongdae points, finally stopping in front of a grand house. it was like a mansio somewhere lu han would get lost in. yixing and lu han both stared at the manor in awe. 
 
"dang, he's rich." yixing started.
 
"i know right, but he doesn't like being called rich. i mean, none of us would have thought he was rich right? he lives just like us, well he wants to live just like us. he prefers to live a simple life." jongdae informed, leaving lu han almost speechless.
 
so this is how minseok is like.
 
jongdae rings the bell and a voice came out of the small intercom outside.
 
"kim residence, who is it?" 
 
"is minseok there?" jongdae speaks into the mic.
 
"yes, he's here. i'll call him, please wait." the woman says, ending the call. the three look at each other. minseok's house has maids and that's just plain rich. the gate squeaks open as a man widens minseok's way. he comes out dressed in a white loose neck shirt with a gray cardigan over it. he wears a pair of dark blue jeans with low top maroon shoes.
 
my first time seeing a spiffy looking minseok.
 
"hi minseok." jongdae waves and minseok waves back.
 
"we were just wondering if you wanted to come with us. you know, just hang out somewhere." jongdae shrugs.
 
"hmm.." minseok his imaginary beard. "sure." he nods.
 
"minseok? who's at the door?" a woman shouts from the front door, the clacking of her heels came towards them; it was his mom.
 
"just some friends mom." minseok's expression becomes a bit dull and his tone of voice lowers. minseok's mom comes into their view. the three bow and introduce theirselves. 
 
"mom, i'm going with them." minseok says, looking at his mom.
 
"where to?" she asks, putting her arm around his shoulder.
 
"just hanging out." he replies, in an almost inaudible tone.
 
"no. you can't. you have to be with one of your body guards."
 
"no. i want to go alone with my friends." he says, pulling away from her grasp and turning to the three boys.
 
"minseok, honey, you can't. it's dangerous." she insists, taking his arm but he avoids her clasp. worry fills her eyes and the three boys don't have a clue on what was going on. the woman sighs and nods a bit hesitant.
 
"okay."
 
minseok looks at her, not expecting that she would agree. she takes him in her arms and he lets her, though, not hugging back. his mom kisses his head before letting him go and it's like a dramatic scene from a movie or something.
 
"be safe okay? call me if anything happens." concern builds up in her voice.
 
"yes, ma." minseok nods and walks off before everyone else. yixing, lu han and jongdae catch up after saying goodbye to minseok's mom.
 
"so where are we going?" minseok asks, looking and yixing and jongdae who was on both side of him, leaving out lu han who was on the far left next to jongdae.
 
"see the thing is... we don't know." jongdae scratches his nape.
 
"i know where!" minseok snaps, all eyes turned to him.