On Days Like This

Breathing In Minseok

ON DAYS LIKE THIS

"it's so hot!" jongdae complains, fanning himself with his own hand. lu han shakes his head, half because he didn't really care and half because jongdae always had a way with himself. the two are still on campus, dilly-dallying, roaming around and whatnot. and it took forever for lu han to realize why they were really here. 
 
the campus is basically empty aside from a couple people. and it's been an hour since school ended yet, they both don't know what they're doing here. maybe it was lu han's gut sense telling him to stay close to minseok or maybe it's just minseok's gravitational pull that keeps bringing lu han towards him; his attractiveness. lu han is attracted all right.
 
"you know what, let's just get out of here, go find something to drink and some shade would do." jongdae says, dragging along lu han with him. lu han was a bit hesitant to leave but it was true. it's scorching hot and the least they could do is to buy a drink and find some shade.
 
as much as lu han wanted to stay within minseok's range, he was already being dragged by his nonsensical best friend, jongdae.
 
"give me 500 won." jongdae extends his hand out towards lu han, open palmed. lu han reaches in his pocket and drops nothing on jongdae's hand.
 
"i don't have money." lu han adds, leaning his head on the vending machine. it was completely obvious that jongdae also had no money. great. it was just great. stuck outside in the piercing hot sun without anything to drink. hell, they don't even have money to get back home on a bus. only if lu han didn't spend his 5,000 won getting a baozi bun during lunch.
 
jongdae sighs, joining lu han to lean on the vending machine. they both look up to see someone come into their view; minseok.
 
"excuse me.." he mutters, holding a 500 won between his thumb and index finger. minseok slips the coin into the crevice as it clinks and falls in. he presses a button for a cold sparkling drink and waits for merely three seconds. minseok checks the opening, where the bottle was supposed to come out of.
 
he sticks his hand inside, feeling an empty container; his coin was eaten by the machine, giving him nothing in return. he looks at both, jongdae and lu han and shakes his head. minseok leans on the vending machine just like the two.
 
it's the three of them, dying under the sweltering sun with minseok's last coin gone to waste. what's worse is that there was no air at all. just still trees with no sign of a small breeze. 
 
"i can't stand this. we have no money, we can't go back home without taking the bus, let's just walk to the nearest shop, and find some a/c. we're not going to stop here right?" jongdae finally speaks up, breaking the silence.
 
"that sounds good." minseok nods, his mouth, dry. lu han agrees and the three left campus. the sun's almost halfway down when they reach a cold store. it was kind of useless since they didn't have money to buy anything but it was way better than staying out in the sun. well, atleast that was what they thought.
 
"hello." the three bowed to the cashier in unison.
 
"can we rest here for a little?" jongdae spoke shamelessly, causing lu hand to nudge his side. fortunately the cashier was nice enough to let them stay here and he even let them have drinks for free. and dang, if it isn't for this dude, they'd be dead.
 
"i'm yixing." he introduced himself, smiling and waving to everyone.
 
"lu han here!" he waves.
 
"jongdae imnida!" he smiles cheekily.
 
"i'm minseok!" he smiles, making a v sign with his index and middle finger.
 
"nice to meet you guys. i go to soryeo high." yixing says as they sat down in a circle in the middle of the store, it was kind of like a truth circle or something. but they were getting to know each other.
 
"me too!" the three say in harmony.
 
"i don't see you guys around. except for minseok. i see him everywhere." yixing pointed.
 
really, the rest of their day was spent like that. until they finally got tired and called their parents to pick them up. it was weird, because the more lu han knew about minseok, the more he found him interesting. like how minseok has a thing for model cars and how he only liked cheese pizza. it was weird because no matter what he revealed about himself, lu han only found him becoming even more perfect. 
 
and it was weird because no one really had an effect like this on him. no one but kim minseok.