IV

Let it rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 4;

 

Sunday finally arrived and it was time for Chanyeol to pick his parents from the airport, leaning on the wall, his thoughts were somewhere else, he kept thinking about last night that he didn't want to have with Yuri, he hated himself for hurting his girlfriend like that, she must've really became sad when Chanyeol apologeticly said 'Not tonight Yuri', 

So which is why, Chanyeol is alone right now at the airport without his lover at his side, he had to make a good excuse to fool his parents.

 

*Ding Ding

Attention, The flight from Los Angeles to Seoul will land in 15 minutes

 

Chanyeol sighed and checked his watch, he shifted his position and thinned his lips "I have to make Yul forgive me but how?" he groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration, he took out his phone and started texting,

 

To: Yulyuk

Roses are red, violets are blue,

Nothing in this crazy world, could keep me from loving you. 

 

'Just great Chanyeol, just great! You're in a position to be laughed at' he mentally slapped himself, but what could he do? He was just trying to act cute.

A vibration in his hand quickly brought him up from his thoughts and he opened it,

 

From Yulyuk

Roses are red, Tulips are black

You'd look great with a knife in your back

 

"What the--" Chanyeol frowned, Is she that angry? 

 

To: Yulyuk

Roses are red, violets are blue

My life would be hell, if I didn't have you

 

From: Yulyuk

Don't try to make me go soft >.< Oh and also,

Roses are red, VIOLETS ARE PURPLE, Idiot

 

Chanyeol scoffed with a smiled and shook his head, okay so she was starting to forgive him, that was a good sign, right? At least for Chanyeol and Only Chanyeol.

 

To: Yulyuk

Roses are red, Violets are BLUE,

I didn't start living, Until I met you <3

 

He meant this one. No, he didn't say he loved her or anything as such, he said he didn't start living. And it was true! How would you feel if you woke up to a world you knew absolutely nothing of and one person says that she's willing to continue the way with you?

You'd be grateful.

That's what. 

Chanyeol had no idea who he was, where he was, what was going on around! He didn't know anyone. Yuri was the first thing he saw, so there was nothing left for him, was there? 

For Chanyeol there wasn't.

But the fact is, there was someone waiting. Desperately. And that person is still waiting.

Still waiting for Yuri's reply, his phone vibrated and he smiled, thinking it's definitely Yuri saying she loves him and that she forgave him, But to his surprise, it wasn't.

 

From: Kris-shi

Heyo Kris here,

Hope you haven't forgotten about tomorrow's dinner!

I wanted to remind you at work tomorrow but I don't think I'll come anyway... See ya

 

Well Chanyeol hadn't forgotten about the dinner night with his co-workers but now that Yuri was mad at him it would be quite hard to act like a happy couple, Chanyeol hated it when they had to do it sometimes.

"Channie-aaaaah"

"Mooom" Chanyeol smiled brightly and ran to his mother, embracing the shorter woman tight "I missed you sooo"

"Awww my Chacha I missed you too" Chanyeol's mom would always tell him that she called him 'Chacha' when he was a kid, Chanyeol's heart would always break that he couldn't remember those moments at all, but he'd skip it away and wouldn't let his mom see his hurt expression "Hey Dad" 

"Hey son" Mr Park smiled at Chanyeol and patted his back, he was almost as tall as Chanyeol was, so no need to guess who Chanyeol got his height from, "Let me carry your bags, you guys must be tired from the flight" Chanyeol smiled and took their bags, leading them outside to his car,

"So where's Yuri? I missed my bride so much" Mrs Park looked around herself and then at Chanyeol who just cleared his throat "She uh-- she had some work to do at work, she'll join us at dinner, don't worry! Here we are" he smiled and unlocked the car,

"Oh? Isn't this Yuri's car?" Mrs Park asked,

"Yeah my Hummer broke again and I had to take it to the repairs" Chanyeol chuckled, 

Mrs Park nodded and sat herself at the back seat of the car, Mr Park sat at the front seat while Chanyeol was putting the suits in the trunk. He checked his phone one last time, There was still no message from Yuri.

Sighing, Chanyeol walked to the driver's seat and smiled lightly at his parents before riding home.

 

"Here we areee" Chanyeol said as he entered the apartment code and walked inside with Mr and Mra Park, "I'm really tired, my feet hurt" Mrs Park whined and took out her shoes to wear sleepers as they walked inside,

"You guys can stay in our room, I'll carry your suitcases! Why don't you rest on the couch for a while?" Chanyeol said,

"Do you have any herbal tea dear?"

"Sure, I'll make the tea as soon as I put these" Chanyeol smiled at his mom and took the two suitcases with himself.

"Oh look who's here!" A voice came from near and soon a face of a pretty black haired girl came out "Umma, Appa, welcome home" Yuri smiled and bowed to them.

"Ooooh Yuri-aaah" Mrs Park beamed and hugged her tight, "Chacha here said you were at work"

For a second Yuri got confused but then smiled brightly at her "O-Oh haha! Yes, I finished early so I came home to make dinner for you! Oh Mrs Park, Are you tired? I'll make you an herbal tea right away"

"Aigooo! My yuri knows exactly what I love" Mrs Park giggled and walked inside with her husband.

When the coast was clear, Chanyeol turned to Yuri with a slight frown "Yul-- I thought--" he was cut off by a hard peck on his lips and a tight embrace "Park Chanyeol, You're so good at making me fall in love with you more every time"

Chanyeol smiled "So the message worked, huh?" 

Yuri pouted and hit him lightly "I forgive you, but you have to make it up"

"I promiiise, and don't forget, we have a dinner date with my colleagues tomorrow"

"I know I know! I'll come and pick you up from work then"

"Agreed" Chanyeol winked and took the suitcases to the room with himself and Yuri walked towards the kitchen to make the tea for Mrs Park.

 

 

The next day Chanyeol was walking to work on the street, Finally Monday arrived. Unlike most people, Chanyeol just loved his work, he really wanted to visit at weekends too but then there was his family that he had to spend time for.

When he took out his ID card to press it on the gate's entrance he noticed a strange not so tall young man standing in front of the gate, he was looking inside from a small hole the big metal door had,

Chanyeol frowned, the man didn't look like a criminal or something, he was actually wearing a very casual suit. Was he looking for someone?

Chanyeol walked closer "Can I help you?"

The man gasped and turned to see who just called him "u-uh! No Thank you"

"Are you a relative of our patients? Because the visiting days are on weekends, maybe you missed the--"

"--No no!" The man waved his hand, "I was just-- y-y'know! Curious! About what the inside of these places looked like heh" he nervously chuckled "So Are you a doctor?"

"Doctor Park Chanyeol! Umm, pleased to meet you?" They both laughed and shook hands together, sure it was awkward to actually get to know someone in this situation,

"Kim Suho!" he answered and heaved a sigh "So uh-- isn't what you do kind of-- hard? I guess it needs lots of patience"

"Well for me no, actually. I love my job" Chanyeol smiled, The Suho guy smiled ever so bitterly at Chanyeol and looked inside the small hole again, Chanyeol felt that if he put his hand on the guy's shoulder he'd burst into tears in seconds,

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol became worried "If there's anyone you know here tell me, I could arrange a meeting if you couldn't visit on the weekend"

"No! As I said, I don't know anyone, just-- This really saddens me, seeing this people heh" he smiled, "I'm sorry! I'm a bit emotional" he mumbled and wiped his eyes lightly and sniffed "I'll get going now! I'm late for work" 

Chanyeol nodded "Alright! Again, it was nice to meet you"

"You too! Oh and--" Suho said and Chanyeol listened to him carefully "T-Take good care of them" Suho lastly said and walked away, Chanyeol looked at him strangely as he walked, and when he was out of sight, Chanyeol shrugged and pressed his card on the scanner and walked inside.

"What the--" Chanyeol's eyes grew in shock from what he saw from far "Taeyeon?" He ran to Taeyeon who was lifelessly looking at her-- lifeless garden "What happened here?" Chanyeol bent down and held Taeyeon's shoulders, she didn't answer,

"Taeyeon!" 

"Leave" Taeyeon whispered, "Whoever Taeyeon loves end up like this! Whoever Taeyeon loves has to die! THEY'LL TAKE CHANYEOL OPPA TOO, THEY'LL TAKE BAEKHYUN OPPA, TAO, SULLIE, MY FRIENDS, MY-- my--" her voice faded and her thick silent tears dropped down her tired eyes as she hugged her now dead garden,

"Who did this? Taeyeon--"

"Go please, just go" Taeyeon cried. Sighing Chanyeol looked down at her with a hurt expression and got up "We'll talk later, alright?" he said, though he didn't get any response.

As he was walking to his office, Miss Kim came to his side and greeted him "Oh Good morning Miss Kim! How's everything?" Chanyeol smiled,

"Well aside from yesterday's visiting there's nothing much to tell you" Miss Kim said, Chanyeol then stopped and looked at her "What's happened to Taeyeon's garden?"

"I already put the report on your desk" she said, Chanyeol nodded and started walking "Oh and Doctor park" she called,

"Yes?"

"If possible, Baekhyun's parents said they want to have a meeting with you, they said their son is-- starting to show some symptoms again"

"How so?" Chanyeol frowned, Miss Kim shrugged "Said it was something about having hallucinations again? I'm not sure"

"Oh alright, Thanks" Chanyeol said and walked to his office again.

"Baekkie" he mumbled and slowly looked inside his backpack to find Baekhyun's diary inside it "Baekkie!" he said again and stopped in front of cell 21, staring at it blankly,

"Can you tell me who I am? Or rather, who I was"

The cell door opened and Baekhyun came out, rubbing his scar and yawning cutely, Chanyeol couldn't just help but smile at the sight "Quit messing with it"

Immediately, Baekhyun stopped scratching and bowed lightly "neh" he mumbled and walked away.

Chanyeol frowned lightly, Why didn't Baekhyun talk to him some more? Why didn't he make any eye contact with him?

He couldn't take it anymore, 

Park Chanyeol couldn't keep it inside himself anymore,

"BAEKKIE" he shouted out loudly, his voice echoing all around the hall,

Everything stopped. Time, world, people, everything stopped. And there was something else that stopped, Baekhyun's feet and breath, he turned around and looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes 'Could it be?'

Baekhyun turned around slowly with eyes looking at the tall giant who just called out his name after eight years, 'Could it be?' Baekhyun initiated to take a step towards Chanyeol,

Though his feet quickly stopped and instead he took a step back.

 

Flashback

 

"Eat honey, you've really lost weight" Baekhyun's mom tried to feed him with the Kimbap she brought on the visiting day,

"Omma--" Baekhyun chewed on his food, "Thanks but-- I'm not that hungry"

"Oh hush! I only see my son once a week and I could never be satisfied with what they feed you with"

Baekhyun sighed and kept on chewing when he saw two of the security guards taking a giant fat man away, Baekhyun quickly got up from his bench "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME HERE?" he shouted,

Taeyeon's father rolled his eyes "oooh so sorry little crazy boy! Did I need to ask your permission?" 

Baekhyun clenched his fist and greeted his teeth together "You hurt my friend every time you come here!"

"Yeah yeah! As if all of you aren't crazy enough to get hurt" 

"Sir please, we're kindly asking you to leave immediately" One of the guards said and Mr Kim rolled his eyes again, 

"Wait until my Chanyeol finds out about what you did and you won't even be able to walk past here" Baekhyun shouted.

"There he goes with Chanyeol again" Mrs Byun held to prevent her crying and Mr Byun patted her back "Son! Come here, don't shout at others"

Baekhyun slowly walked to the bench and sat between his parents. Mr Byun heaved a deep sigh "Son! We love you, we really do. But seeing you like this-- it just tears our hearts apart, you-- you were starting to get better, Mr Wu was taking great care of you so-- so why did you start with this-- Chanyeol thingy, about him being back?"

"But dad-- He's really back--"

"--Enough Baekhyun! Please enough of Chanyeol" Mrs Byun finally let out her tears "When are you going to understand that he's dead? I know you two loved each other but--"

"MOM! I'm not lying, I swear to you, at first I thought I was dreaming too but-- It's Chanyeol, He's my Channie and He's back for me" Baekhyun smiled,

"I can't take this anymore" Mr Byun groaned and got up from the bench, taking a walk around the hospital grounds.

Baekhyun's bottom lip quivered as he watched his dad getting far "A--Appa" he called,

"He's just taking some air sweetie" Mrs Byun smiled and held his son's hands in her own, she ran her fingers through Baekhyun's locks of hair, straightening it's sides "Sweetie! We could never get tired of you but-- Don't you wanna get out of here?"

Baekhyun looked down and bit his bottom lip "Omma! It's not my fault that I'm here" he mewled,

"Oh sweetie, I know, I know! look at me honey please" she cupped Baekhyun's face and kissed his forehead "We're not blaming you at all but-- Honey! Chanyeol is dead, and if you don't let him go you can't get well"

"Mom I'm not lying" Baekhyun cried harder "Just because I'm crazy doesn't mean I'm a liar" 

"Honey you're not crazy" Mrs Byun started crying along with Baekhyun "All I'm saying is-- D-Don't you want to visit Chanyeol's grave?"

"W-What?" Baekhyun sniffed,

"You've been in this hellhole for eight years Baekkie, eight years! You've never visited Chanyeol's grave, not even his old house to relive your memories. How about your own room honey? There is full of you and Chanyeol's memories. Don't you miss them?"

Baekhyun just nodded and covered his face with his palms only to cry harder. Mrs Byun sighed and pulled her son into a tight hug "So please honey! In order to see all these, for your and Chanyeol's sake, let him go and accept the fact that he's dead" she hesitated for a few seconds before saying the last words,

"Chanyeol's not coming back sweetie"

 

End of Flashback

 

Chanyeol just looked at Baekhyun with pleading eyes "B-Baekkie! I-- I really don't remember any--" And before he could finish his words, Baekhyun ran down the hall quickly, sometimes his feet slipping and making him fall down on the cold floor, though managing to get up, Baekhyun quickly continued on his way.

Chanyeol watched with turmoil as Baekhyun ran down the hall, "What the hell did I do?" He slapped himself "I scared him away" he groaned and turned around to be met with a pair of puppy eyes looking up at him innocently, Chanyeol immediately smiled "Good morning Luhan" 

Luhan had the blanket Chanyeol gave him earlier around himself "G-Good mornings"

"I see that you're not covering yourself from head to toe, well that should be a good sing, don't you think?"

Luhan pouted, 'cute' Chanyeol thought, Maybe that pout could've been just one of the reason he'd get like that by all those-- Bastards, in Chanyeol's words,

In Sehun's words, they'd be Motherers,

In Baekhyun's words, Bad people,

In Yixing's words, Promise breakers,

In Tao's words, Enemies,

But in Luhan's own word,

Monsters.

"Go ahead, I'll see you today at the appointment" Chanyeol smiled and walked passed him,

"Sir?"

Chanyeol turned around and smiled again "Yes Luhan?"

Luhan felt a bit uneasy inside the blanket, adjusting it a little around himself, he took a step closer to Chanyeol "Um-- Yesterday the Bad man hurt our Taeyeon onnie and-- me and Sehunnie wanted to do something to help--"

"--So you saw what happened?"

Luhan nodded "We always watch everyone from our window in the visiting days"

"Why? Don't you guys go down to--" Then it hit Chanyeol "Oh! I'm sorry Luhan, please go on"

"The bad man always punishes Onnie and ruins the friends! We want to make something special for her"

Chanyeol smiled softly "That's very nice of you Luhan, I'm very touched. I'll make sure to note it and we'll all do something for her alright?"

"Neh!" Luhan bowed lightly and ran back to his cell, the blanket making it a bit hard for him.

 

Chanyeol sat behind his desk after wearing his uniform and taking a deep breath. "One day of not coming and the whole patients' situations change upside down" he groaned and ran his fingers through his hair,

He noticed the report Miss K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter