VI.

Let it rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 6;

 

Chanyeol’s eyes slowly opened to the cool night breeze coming out of the window. He realized that he was still in Donghae and Eunhyuk’s house, on their bed. ‘God, How long have I been sleeping?’ he asked himself. Checking his phone he noticed it was just 10 p.m.

He noticed that there were exactly 25 missed calls and 10 text messages on his phone. He was so not in the mood to check who it was from.

He was embarrassed a little to get up from the bed to walk around two strangers’ house. Well, technically they weren’t strangers. Chanyeol must’ve known them for a decade, but still he had no idea.

‘I wonder if they’re asleep already.’ He decided he couldn’t wait on the bed for either Donghae or Eunhyuk to come and wake him up. He also was in need of going to the bathroom which he hoped to be able to find easily.

When he got out of the room he noticed that their house was just a small cute ordinary apartment with dim lights of kitchen counter illuminating it a little, enough for Chanyeol to see where he’s going. He suddenly noticed Donghae asleep on the couch, his head on Eunhyuk’s lap, and Eunhyuk caressing his hair with one hand and doing something with his cellphone on the other. Probably playing, texting or surfing the internet or whatever. He suddenly caught sight of Chanyeol, “Hey, you’re up,” He whispered.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol whispered back in order to not wake Donghae, “I’m sorry, Where can I use the bathroom?”

“It’s that door right in front of the one you came out of,” Eunhyuk pointed back at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked back to see where he was pointing and nodded at him, “Oh Thanks.” He said.

After flushing the toilet, Chanyeol walked to the sink to wash his hands. He liked the smell of the soap on his hands. ‘It must be Donghae hyung’s taste.’ He thought to himself out of consciousness and looked at himself at the mirror, “How would you know?” he asked himself, feeling disgusted, “Huh? How would you know whose taste it is?” he felt like crying for scolding himself like this. But why was he angry? It wasn’t like it was his fault for not remembering anything.

‘Eight years, Chanyeol.’ He glared at himself, ‘Eight ing years.’ He thought about what Baekhyun must’ve gone through all that time. How he tried not to forget and erase Chanyeol’s love from his heart.

“Why the hell am I talking to myself?” he mumbled and splashed water on his face and shut the valve.

He came out of the bathroom and went to sit on the couch near the one Eunhyuk and Donghae were on. Though now it was only Eunhyuk sitting on it. He looked up at Chanyeol, “I carried him to the bed,” he said in a low voice.

Chanyeol nodded and looked down, “You two really look amazing together.”

Eunhyuk smiled and looked down, “Thank you.”

“So what’s it like?” he asked, “Being married?”

“Oh it’s—“ Eunhyuk looked at his finger, shrugging, “It’s sometimes difficult. But you get more mature over times. You get used to everything about your partner that you share a bed with. Of course we have fight sometimes, like every other couple. But over the years we got to know how to deal with it.”

Being the psychiatrist he is, Chanyeol nodded at him as if listening to a patient; though he had no such intention. He was just curious and wanted to get to know these people better. “So how do you deal with it?” he smiled.

Eunhyuk chuckled, “Oh you know, Donghae now knows that he should keep silent when I’m angry and goes to the room. Sometimes I leave the house to avoid fights when Donghae is angry. And the routine continues.”

“Did I, for example, want to get married those times?” Chanyeol asked hesitantly, “To Baekhyun?”

“Hahaha no,” Eunhyuk shook his head, “No, you were always against marriage. You always used to say-“

“-Marriage is for old people.” Chanyeol finished his sentence.

“Exactly!”

“I still think the same.” Chanyeol mumbled.

“Then what’s that over there?” Eunhyuk pointed somewhere. Chanyeol looked down at where he was pointing to his engagement ring with Yuri. Suddenly he felt disgusted and he pulled it out of his finger. He sighed, “I guess I’m getting old anyway.”

“You’re engaged?”

The question Chanyeol deeply, “It’s not like that.”

“Hey I’m not blaming you or anything.” Eunhyuk quickly said, “I mean you didn’t remember Baek or anyone. You were just living your life like every other person in America.”

“Did you know Kwon Yuri by any chance those times?” Chanyeol asked.

Eunhyuk squinted his eyes and tried to remember the name, “Kwon Yuri,” he mumbled, “I think I do.”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t think I met her before but I remember Baekhyun talking about her sometimes.” Eunhyuk said, “I think it was a girl who had a crush on you back then.”

“Well, that’s who I’m engaged to.”

“!” Eunhyuk mumbled and shook his head, “I’m so sorry, Channie.”

“It’s alright, hyung.” It was the first time ever that they referred to each other –perhaps- like old times.

Eunhyuk thinned his lips, “Listen uhh, I thought it’d be best if we waited for Donghae to wake up. But I think I should show you some things from your past anyway. You deserve to know.”

“Really?” Chanyeol asked in excitement.

“Sure.” Eunhyuk stood up from his couch, “You stay here, I’ll go bring it,” he ruffled Chanyeol’s hair and went to the back.

Chanyeol checked his phone again for the missed calls and all.

25 missed calls:

YulYulk – 10

Dad – 5

Mom – 7

Kris-Shi  – 3

Chanyeol frowned, ‘Kris Wu has called me?’

10 text messages:

 

From: YulYulk

Baby? Chanyeol please, where are you? I’m so worried. Please call me as soon as you get this message. Why aren’t you picking up your phone?

 

From: YulYulk

Chanyeol I’ll tell you everything I swear. Just please don’t punish me like this.

I love you.

 

From: YulYulk

Roses are red, Tulips are black,

I will be empty if you don’t come back.

 

Oh how these ‘Roses are red’ messages used to cheer both of them up whenever they had a fight. It was Chanyeol’s idea those times. But now he just looked at the message and didn’t feel anything. He didn’t even hate her.

 

From: Dad

Son you’ve been gone for too long now. Have you thought about my offer?

 

From: Dad

Come back home to your fiancé right now. I called the hospital and you’re not there.

Where the hell are you?

 

‘Just leave me alone for a second.’ Chanyeol felt like slamming the phone to the wall.

The last five message were all from Kris.

 

From: Kris-shi

Chanyeol call me as soon as you read this.

 

From: Kris-shi

Where did you go all of a sudden today? Don’t worry I covered you for your patients but I’m getting worried.

 

From: Kris-shi

Is it about those government people? Did you manage to do anything?

 

From: Kyungsoo

Hey What’s up? Did you find the Donghae guy? How did it go? Make sure to call me.

 

From: Kyungsoo

Have you heard of Jongin by any chance btw? Why didn’t you reply to my message?

Hope you’re alright.

 

“,” Chanyeol mumbled. He knew he had to call them as soon as possible. But there were still things he had to do here. Also he’d deal with the hospital and his patients tomorrow.

“Here it is,” Chanyeol turned to see Eunhyuk coming back to his seat with a scrapbook in his hand.

Chanyeol looked at the markings on the scrapbook when suddenly he felt like he remembered something. “I—I bought this.” He said, “I remember.”

Eunhyuk looked at him with wide eyes, “Wow you remember?” he grinned. It was the first time Chanyeol noticed that he had a gummy smile. It made the older guy somehow cute in Chanyeol’s eyes, and he was also rather attractive. Donghae was really lucky; Though no deny the latter was adorable too.

“Y-Yeah I remembered,” Chanyeol laughed at himself.

“Well then God knows what else you’ll remember by looking inside it.” Hyukjae said lowly, handing the scrapbook to the latter.

Chanyeol took it hesitantly, running his fingers through the cover and letting the feelings sink in him. Although no sort of memory came into his mind, he could feel lots of emotions in himself. From the time he bought this. How Baekhyun must’ve reacted when he saw it. How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter